Long-Term Meditation Drastically Decreases TSH, GH, Cortisol, And Prolactin While Increasing T3

Entropy

You don't need a study to tell you the benefits of mediation, the proof is in the pudding

BlackSkull

You don't need a study to tell you the benefits of mediation, the proof is in the pudding

Agreed.

But we humans like to know how it works.

Plus, the more we can explain how it works the better chances we have to improve it.

There should be no upper limit.

BlackSkull

I hardly feel like you can make a statement like “daily meditation is necessary” as it blankets in more experienced practitioners or people that don’t experience the cognitive stress that comes from excessively associating our thoughts with our emotions. There are some people who probably don’t need to meditate at all (yet, life may still drive them in a bad direction depending on their behavior). I have met some of them. And I am someone who has learned to dissociate thoughts and emotions whenever necessary for the maintenance of my own mind.

As Dr Peat has said many times before, everything changes due to individual contexts.

@CoolTweetPete

While I agree with your post...

...it is a different argument than I am making.

FIRST you have to define the problem and WHY you are meditating.

However, daily meditation is absolutely required for general health benefits, for one reason alone, although there are many reasons.

And that is you do not control the external forces or energies that come in contact with you.

At all times energies are hitting you and flowing through your body.

Someone’s sneeze, bad weather, electricity from a microwave or just from all the satellites in the skies and the Internet everywhere.

There are even microscopic particles we can’t see that are so small they can float right through you, through your brain.

Therefore, stress is a small part of why one should meditate.

Further, perception plays a big part. Just because you don’t perceive it as stressful and don’t feel stressed doesn’t mean it isn’t impacting you negatively.

These things are not something mere mindfulness can prevent.

One must maintain or improve their vibrations and absorption of specific energies constantly and that requires constant upkeep.

Nebula

Personally I'm a bigger fan of short intense exercise for lowering stress hormones. Sprinting works really well for me. I have felt a more consistent calmness, confidence and motivation throughout the day and find it very easy to fall asleep since sprinting regularly (probably from lowered baseline cortisol and increased T/DHT). I would like to try out a consistent meditation practice as well. I think they would probably complement each other, but if I had to choose I think sprinting is more essential for health and has more broad spectrum benefits.

johnsmith

I hardly feel like you can make a statement like “daily meditation is necessary” as it blankets in more experienced practitioners or people that don’t experience the cognitive stress that comes from excessively associating our thoughts with our emotions. There are some people who probably don’t need to meditate at all (yet, life may still drive them in a bad direction depending on their behavior). I have met some of them. And I am someone who has learned to dissociate thoughts and emotions whenever necessary for the maintenance of my own mind.

As Dr Peat has said many times before, everything changes due to individual contexts.

Well said. I'm pretty messed up though so lately I have been mediating daily and plan to keep it up for a long time.
And this is ironic because I wrote my senior thesis for my psych degree on meditation
@Arrade did your studies for your thesis show positive benefits of meditation? Are things looking for for meditation?

@BlackSkull What are you practices or background?

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

Satanama is the highest God in ancient Hinduism.

Indra is also referred to as Shiva or Satya.

I don't much about "Satan" meditation, but I'm a Hindu since birth and this is wrong, so I'm not sure where you're getting all your info from.

Sanatana Dharma might be what you're trying to refer to when you're saying "Satanama" and that's not "God," it's the way of life that all people are supposed to follow. It's a very complex thing. And Indra, Shiva, and Satya are not equivalent at all. Indra is the Vedic King of Gods but no one really prays to him anymore. He's a bit of like the equivalent of Zeus. Also Indra has never been considered to the Supreme God (big difference between King of Gods and Supreme God). Shiva is very popular in modern day Hindu worship and he is the God of Destruction, considered by some sects to be the Supreme God. He is always portrayed as more powerful than Indra. However, extremely orthodox Hinduism (which most people don't know about, and where yoga/pranayama/etc comes from) states that all gods like Shiva, Indra are false and that the real Supreme God is Brahman (not Brahma, the creator God), which is the formless Universal Spirit or Consciousness. Also Satya = truth. Satya is not a god.

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

When you are talking about yoga as a spiritual practice- there are 8 limbs of yoga so it is much more than a " spiritual practice ". When you have a strong and regular asana and pranayama practice - that is what is lowering cortisol ( breath work ) and aligning the spine and building and lengthening muscle which help and heal the body if you are doing it right and have a solid learned practice. Yoga Nidra in my opinion is the strongest for lowering stress levels as it is a deep and guided meditation. I have actually had out of body experiences with it.

Did you get OBEs from an in-person class or from a guided video online? And yeah it's fantastic. I've heard it only works when other people are guiding you, but I do it on my own just closing my eyes and individually going through all my body parts whenever I'm stressed. In just a minute or two I get so relaxed that I feel slightly high.

D

danishispsychic

Did you get OBEs from an in-person class or from a guided video online? And yeah it's fantastic. I've heard it only works when other people are guiding you, but I do it on my own just closing my eyes and individually going through all my body parts whenever I'm stressed. In just a minute or two I get so relaxed that I feel slightly high.

For me - it has only happened in Yoga Nidra - which was is a asana practice and then in Savasana - led into a guided meditation by the teacher. I am thinking that the combo of the two got me into that deep state. The first time it happened , I actually felt myself leave my body and float up , actually like lying down on a " magic carpet " type of a thing. And just know, I am not a woo woo type of person so it was really a trip. After that, it has happened a few times while I would do a light practice at home and then lay down and listen to a Nidra meditation on You Tube. Usually the Nidra meditation lasts like 20 mins ish. It takes the whole Savasana to a whole different level doing the Nidra after. LOVE IT.

PS. I am full-on athiest. :) Party on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jem Oz

@BlackSkull your posts are laced with a degree of arrogance I find pretty staggering. Whatever brand of meditation you've been practicing aint workin for ya pal... Best of luck.

Arrade

Well said. I'm pretty messed up though so lately I have been mediating daily and plan to keep it up for a long time.

@Arrade did your studies for your thesis show positive benefits of meditation? Are things looking for for meditation?

I’ll try to find some of it, it was on my computer

Arrade

I actually don’t perceive any sort of stress, but lately I feel like I could benefit from meditation. I seem to be too ego-laden, I let my smart mouth run instead of letting my transient anger pass without affecting my actions.

Arrade

I also feel like more DHT, which is calming, antagonizes serotonin and works similar to meditation

BlackSkull

Personally I'm a bigger fan of short intense exercise for lowering stress hormones. Sprinting works really well for me. I have felt a more consistent calmness, confidence and motivation throughout the day and find it very easy to fall asleep since sprinting regularly (probably from lowered baseline cortisol and increased T/DHT). I would like to try out a consistent meditation practice as well. I think they would probably complement each other, but if I had to choose I think sprinting is more essential for health and has more broad spectrum benefits.

@Nebula

Agreed. Sprinting is excellent for overall health. I notice a big difference when I do sprints; it’s almost like it’s an instinctual need for humans to sprint.

Perhaps it is a hard wired survival mechanism. I notice mental benefits more than anything.

BlackSkull

@johnsmith

They are in ancient kundalini practices combined with vibrations using ancient Sanskrit runes as Sanskrit is the first language of mankind - everything else is watered down purposefully to prevent any real progress.

If you read the full thread, you will see the negative influence the Judeo/Christian/Islam has on people subconciously towards the word Satan, without them even knowing anything about it.

People are so brainwashed theyre too scared to even think about alternatives to what they’re told.

I assure you there is nothing to fear.

I will post more about what Satan really is when I address another post below on, in case you want to know more.

BlackSkull

I don't much about "Satan" meditation, but I'm a Hindu since birth and this is wrong, so I'm not sure where you're getting all your info from.

Sanatana Dharma might be what you're trying to refer to when you're saying "Satanama" and that's not "God," it's the way of life that all people are supposed to follow. It's a very complex thing. And Indra, Shiva, and Satya are not equivalent at all. Indra is the Vedic King of Gods but no one really prays to him anymore. He's a bit of like the equivalent of Zeus. Also Indra has never been considered to the Supreme God (big difference between King of Gods and Supreme God). Shiva is very popular in modern day Hindu worship and he is the God of Destruction, considered by some sects to be the Supreme God. He is always portrayed as more powerful than Indra. However, extremely orthodox Hinduism (which most people don't know about, and where yoga/pranayama/etc comes from) states that all gods like Shiva, Indra are false and that the real Supreme God is Brahman (not Brahma, the creator God), which is the formless Universal Spirit or Consciousness. Also Satya = truth. Satya is not a god.

@lampofred

My sources of informatiom are eclectic, but none are open source and most certainly not a “Google”; in addition to my experiences.

However, the book that comes to mind regarding the names of Satan is “Gods, Sages, and Kings: Vedic Secrets of Ancient Civilization”, by David Frawley.

Before even touching on it, one must understand that ALL modern religions have been corrupted and altered, or watered down, if you will, to prevent any real progress. And have been for centuries. So while you may be correct in your assertion, it is based on a false set of info that was altered from its origination and, thus, not something I consider accurate.

Exuded by your very own statement that no one prays to Indra anymore, but instead people now worship a “way of life” and “universal conciousness”.

Well that is precisely the problem. Ancient religion wasnt about these “physical” things, but about literally transforming onesself into a God or state of Godhood and thus immortality. This requires a physical vibrational change. It has nothing to do with moral behaviors or a good attention span using mindfulness. These are fraudulent practices purposefully fed to you to prevent any real progress.

Furthermore, the name game played is nothing more than to create confusion; a common tactic used to destroy the original religions.

Satan, Satanama, Satya, Shiva, Indra, Sanatana and even Zues are ALL names for the SAME being or energy; its merely linguistics.

Lastly, you are correct in that Satya means Truth. But so do all the other names esoterically. Why does Satya indeed mean God though? Because the state of Godhead is one in which you have finally reached the vibrational state of Truth. Truth here doesn’t mean what you are led to believe; it has nothing to do with being honest or anything moral. Spirituality has zero to do with morality, which is a physical thing, a physical action.

Truth means your soul has finally been purified vibrationally and you have completed the Magnum Opus, becoming an immortal God.

BlackSkull

@BlackSkull your posts are laced with a degree of arrogance I find pretty staggering. Whatever brand of meditation you've been practicing aint workin for ya pal... Best of luck.

@Jem Oz

Says the person intrusively throwing opinions of personal character around (Great, another troll)..

I am arrogant? Because I expect proper analysis methods to be used, so that everyone can benefit from accurate info and progress themselves?!?!

Your logic is slightly above retardation levels. Please take some logic and analysis courses.
Proper meditation can also help this.

I have not once attacked anyones personal character.

What makes you think I or anyone else cares about your opinion of my character?

Are you that arrogant?

OP
L

lampofred

@lampofred

My sources of informatiom are eclectic, but none are open source and most certainly not a “Google”; in addition to my experiences.

However, the book that comes to mind regarding the names of Satan is “Gods, Sages, and Kings: Vedic Secrets of Ancient Civilization”, by David Frawley.

Before even touching on it, one must understand that ALL modern religions have been corrupted and altered, or watered down, if you will, to prevent any real progress. And have been for centuries. So while you may be correct in your assertion, it is based on a false set of info that was altered from its origination and, thus, not something I consider accurate.

Exuded by your very own statement that no one prays to Indra anymore, but instead people now worship a “way of life” and “universal conciousness”.

Well that is precisely the problem. Ancient religion wasnt about these “physical” things, but about literally transforming onesself into a God or state of Godhood and thus immortality. This requires a physical vibrational change. It has nothing to do with moral behaviors or a good attention span using mindfulness. These are fraudulent practices purposefully fed to you to prevent any real progress.

Furthermore, the name game played is nothing more than to create confusion; a common tactic used to destroy the original religions.

Satan, Satanama, Satya, Shiva, Indra, Sanatana and even Zues are ALL names for the SAME being or energy; its merely linguistics.

Lastly, you are correct in that Satya means Truth. But so do all the other names esoterically. Why does Satya indeed mean God though? Because the state of Godhead is one in which you have finally reached the vibrational state of Truth. Truth here doesn’t mean what you are led to believe; it has nothing to do with being honest or anything moral. Spirituality has zero to do with morality, which is a physical thing, a physical action.

Truth means your soul has finally been purified vibrationally and you have completed the Magnum Opus, becoming an immortal God.

I can't say I agree with absolutely everything you're saying, but I admit I have been getting the feeling over the past few months that spirituality is more about evolution and less about morality (although I still consider morality to be extremely important). At least in Hinduism, it seems like an act is called sinful if it makes you less differentiated, less complex and more simplistic like an animal (by decreasing your energy level), and an act is called pious if it increases your level of functioning (by increasing energy level). Where can I learn more about what you're saying?

LUH 3417

@lampofred

If the variation in names is “merely linguistics” why is it so important to use Sanskrit runes and chant in Sanskrit? I thought the very word carries a vibration which would contradict anything being “merely liguistsics”

LUH 3417

@pinacolada

The soul is light, not mass.

And most certainly connected to the physical body.

While I have no proof it can be done, there is also no proof it can’t or hasn’t been done either.

And until science stops being corrupted by criminals we will never know.
My definition of mass: mass is the thing that stops you from traveling at the speed of light and thus gives you time and space.
Simply lose all of your mass, and you will automatically begin moving at the speed of light. No rocket fuel required.
However, once your zero mass ride begins, in which direction do you move? Maybe all directions at once? Ouch. And what about your transition velocity to light speed?