Literally The Best Idea I've Ever Had

Satan

For what it's worth, dissolving a 325mg tab of aspirin in a cup of hot water with about 1/6 tsp of baking soda has not caused me any stomach trouble, whereas taking the whole tablets did. I can hear a bit of fizzing when I put it in there.

Dewitt, do you know if aspirin can have any negative effect on kidneys? If I take it in the morning before going to work (somewhat physical) my urine has a strong odor and I get some mild lower back pains. This usually lasts the rest of that day and for most of the following day. This does not happen if I take it in the morning and sit around.

Dewitt

Satan said:
Dewitt, do you know if aspirin can have any negative effect on kidneys? If I take it in the morning before going to work (somewhat physical) my urine has a strong odor and I get some mild lower back pains. This usually lasts the rest of that day and for most of the following day. This does not happen if I take it in the morning and sit around.

Aspirin has an effect on the renal handling of uric acid, but the effect is bimodal. Lower dosages lead to uric acid retention, while higher dosages act uricosuric. I'm not sure if this could be the cause for your issues, though.

Satan

My edit didn't seem to go through earlier, but I mentioned that milk has a very similar effect on me. I'm somewhat lactose intolerant, and cheese doesn't do it to me.

lindsay

Dewitt - what's considered a lower dosage? I have the powdered stuff - 1/10 of a tsp. is about 500 mg. I usually take 1/8 of a tsp (so about 625 mg). How much is beneficial for someone with a lower thyroid function to take?

Dewitt

Well, I think the 0.5mM is concentration would the most beneficial if you're just looking for the benefits in metabolism. To keep that concentration up in a women, it would take about 650mg and then 325mg every 4 hours.

The" lower dosage" that would lead to uric acid retention is <2g per day.

lindsay

good stuff! am trying to get more aspirin daily, as there is the additional benefit of lowering estrogen. I don't notice any pain relief from it, unfortunately. Maybe if I take more, it will be more noticeable.

HDD

Dewitt said:
Well, I think the 0.5mM is concentration would the most beneficial if you're just looking for the benefits in metabolism. To keep that concentration up in a women, it would take about 650mg and then 325mg every 4 hours.

The" lower dosage" that would lead to uric acid retention is <2g per day.

Any amount less than 2g would be detrimental?

Dewitt

No. The increased uric acid levels might actually be beneficial.

nullredvector

Last night I experienced, for the first time, a rather uplifting but disturbingly dissociative experience with what I believe was a combination of ~6g of aspirin (spread in 975mg doses throughout the day) and several desiccated thyroid tablets (130mg American Biologics 'concentrate'). Oddly enough I'm on 3g (same spread) right now and fell pretty good (I'm fairly large @6'5'' 220lbs).

Peata

Just saw this thread, but I have done something similar of making "aspirin tea" but using some Alka Seltzer in it instead. I break up an AS tablet and let 1/2 of it dissolve in tea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals