Leaky mitral valve

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks!
No mention of prolapse but the mild MR can be overestimated by the reading cardiologist. It could be trace or trace-mild range. Your LA size is normal which tells me that the MR is not significant. Most women have physiologic MR, probably estrogen driven. I haven't seen any studies of what the cause of it. The rest of the report are normal and not a concern. I really don't think the mild MR is causing your SOB, fatigue, etc.. The murmur can be from the mild MR.. The only thing to rule out is if you have a PFO (patent foramen ovale) or an ASD (atrial septal defect), its congenital or something that you were born with. There's no mention of the IAS (interatrial septum) in the report. So we can't tell if you have a shunt, meaning a hole or communication between left and right chambers. If its positive for shunt, that can cause the SOB, etc.... Other thing that's possibly causing your symptom is the palpitations. If you get a run of irregular beats you'll definitely will feel it... You can also do a treadmill stress test or a stress echo to check for ekg changes and/or possible blockage during peak exercise, not the chemical or nuclear test.
Would other parts of the report show this? Or what test in general? I was born with a murmur.

bloooeh

The rest of the echo report contains 2D dimensions and doppler analysis, which is basically normal according to the final impression. The mild regurgitation is not causing your shortness of breath. Many people live with leaky valve/s and asymptomatic. The question is, how long have you had this shortness of breath? And is the shortness of breath caused by exertion, positional? My other questions would be, what is you BP, sitting and standing? Have you measured your O2 with a pulse oximeter device? If you do have a pulse ox, see if your O2 change while walking.

If the murmur is systolic then it can either be from the mitral valve regurg or ASD. During auscultation if your Dr picked up the murmur from your left sternal border, about 2nd intercostal space then it could be from ASD (congenital). If it's heard on the apex of the heart (bottom, left), lower (5th) intercostal space then it's from the mitral valve.

Based on your echo report the right chambers were normal size and function. No pulmonary HTN. Since you mentioned that you were born with a murmur, were you followed by a pediatric cardiologist as a kid? Did they mentioned if you had the mitral regurg then? Or just a "murmur"? Did they mentioned, lines like, "it will heal itself", or, "it will close by itself" etc.?

Peachy

It’s not the mitral valve leak or murmur that would cause shortness of breath. It’s the (likely) underlying dysautonomia.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Serotonin could be involved, which would also explain the fatigue and GI issues.
Things like cyprophetadine which is supposed to help with serotonin really don't help me.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks!
No mention of prolapse but the mild MR can be overestimated by the reading cardiologist. It could be trace or trace-mild range. Your LA size is normal which tells me that the MR is not significant. Most women have physiologic MR, probably estrogen driven. I haven't seen any studies of what the cause of it. The rest of the report are normal and not a concern. I really don't think the mild MR is causing your SOB, fatigue, etc.. The murmur can be from the mild MR.. The only thing to rule out is if you have a PFO (patent foramen ovale) or an ASD (atrial septal defect), its congenital or something that you were born with. There's no mention of the IAS (interatrial septum) in the report. So we can't tell if you have a shunt, meaning a hole or communication between left and right chambers. If its positive for shunt, that can cause the SOB, etc.... Other thing that's possibly causing your symptom is the palpitations. If you get a run of irregular beats you'll definitely will feel it... You can also do a treadmill stress test or a stress echo to check for ekg changes and/or possible blockage during peak exercise, not the chemical or nuclear test.
They did schedule a stress test as an alternative. I often feel worst when laying down and resting though. Almost like dramatic skipped heartbeats, losing my breath, etc.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Not much known is the microbial nature of mitral valve leaks. The "established" literature like to allude to anything that is far from the cause, and like to point to a defect in the body. This is pretty standard for a system that leads us to rabbit holes leading to more rabbit holes in another wild goose chase.

Any mechanical valve leaks when the seal is not well seated. A heart valve is no exception. What makes the valve not well seated is when the seal that is in contact with the valve, or the valve in contact with the seal, is not flat , either because of a protrusion or an indentation.

In rhe heart, microbes can form a colony that forms a protrusion in the seal or valve that makes the valve leak.

Staphylococcus ans streptococcus bscteria are all too common in childhood, resulting in commonly in store throats. These microbes can find their way into the heart, and cause valve leaks.

Approaching this issue from a pure metabolic perspective is bound to fail.
You mention that approaching this from a pure metabolic standpoint is bound to fail. What would be your recommendations to addressing it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals