Leaky mitral valve

iLoveSugar

I've complained many times of various health issues, but at the forefront has been very short of breath, fatigued, skipped heartbeats, etc. During my follow up with cardiologist today, he mentioned he wants me to have dye shot through me for a CT scan. I have no desire to have dye in me, nor that amount of radiation. The doc mentioned multiple ultrasounds showing a leaky mitral valve, bit doesn't know to what extent it is having on my issues. I've had a murmur since birth.

1) Could these be causing some of my symptoms?

2) Anything particular with Peats work that can help?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Many thyroid tests. Typically always a low tsh, a couple with high reverse T3, but generally always good. I've also played with varying doses of cynomel, cynoplus, etc for years with no real benefit.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I have done an echo with him. I have been using thiamine, but only 300 mg daily.

Peachy

I've complained many times of various health issues, but at the forefront has been very short of breath, fatigued, skipped heartbeats, etc. During my follow up with cardiologist today, he mentioned he wants me to have dye shot through me for a CT scan. I have no desire to have dye in me, nor that amount of radiation. The doc mentioned multiple ultrasounds showing a leaky mitral valve, bit doesn't know to what extent it is having on my issues. I've had a murmur since birth.

This is what I’ve suspected based on your symptoms - mitral valve prolapse. I wrote some comments about it in your previous posts.

My mom and her three siblings have it. One of them was an Olympic athlete btw, so there’s hope. At the root, it’s a nervous system disorder (the root of that being an energy imbalance).

I’m prone to some of the symptoms but I don’t have the leaky valve.

When I was around 22 (I’m 44 now), I realized that this was a big piece of my health puzzle. I read this book and it really blew my mind how much it described me. It also gave me a lot of insight and hope.

The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/Dysautonomia Survival Guide The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/Dysautonomia Survival Guide: Durante, Cheryl, Durante, James F., Furiasse MD, John: 9781572243033: Amazon.com: Books

OP
I

iLoveSugar

This is what I’ve suspected based on your symptoms - mitral valve prolapse. I wrote some comments about it in your previous posts.

My mom and her three siblings have it. One of them was an Olympic athlete btw, so there’s hope. At the root, it’s a nervous system disorder (the root of that being an energy imbalance).

I’m prone to some of the symptoms but I don’t have the leaky valve.

When I was around 22 (I’m 44 now), I realized that this was a big piece of my health puzzle. I read this book and it really blew my mind how much it described me. It also gave me a lot of insight and hope.

The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/Dysautonomia Survival Guide The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome/Dysautonomia Survival Guide: Durante, Cheryl, Durante, James F., Furiasse MD, John: 9781572243033: Amazon.com: Books
Very interesting. I guess I never put much into it because the doctors never made it sound like anything to worry about. I'll re-read the posts now. Is there actually things I can do to help this and alleviate symptoms?

brightside

Very interesting. I guess I never put much into it because the doctors never made it sound like anything to worry about. I'll re-read the posts now. Is there actually things I can do to help this and alleviate symptoms?
High dose thiamine 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

yerrag

Not much known is the microbial nature of mitral valve leaks. The "established" literature like to allude to anything that is far from the cause, and like to point to a defect in the body. This is pretty standard for a system that leads us to rabbit holes leading to more rabbit holes in another wild goose chase.

Any mechanical valve leaks when the seal is not well seated. A heart valve is no exception. What makes the valve not well seated is when the seal that is in contact with the valve, or the valve in contact with the seal, is not flat , either because of a protrusion or an indentation.

In rhe heart, microbes can form a colony that forms a protrusion in the seal or valve that makes the valve leak.

Staphylococcus ans streptococcus bscteria are all too common in childhood, resulting in commonly in store throats. These microbes can find their way into the heart, and cause valve leaks.

Approaching this issue from a pure metabolic perspective is bound to fail.

Apple

Not much known is the microbial nature of mitral valve leaks. The "established" literature like to allude to anything that is far from the cause, and like to point to a defect in the body. This is pretty standard for a system that leads us to rabbit holes leading to more rabbit holes in another wild goose chase.

Any mechanical valve leaks when the seal is not well seated. A heart valve is no exception. What makes the valve not well seated is when the seal that is in contact with the valve, or the valve in contact with the seal, is not flat , either because of a protrusion or an indentation.
My doctor wants me to do same scan, though 5-6 years ago when I had done checkup , my heart was totally healthy, and then every following year it started showing minor valve leaks .
Could it be a result of vaccination or coronavirus or exccesive Peating (saturated fats vs PUFA or too much dairy = inflamatory casein ) or tooth extraction couple years ago ?
Somewhat 4 years ago I bruised my shin with a bicycle and the bruise is still there... maybe due to too thin blood as a result of aspirin, coffee, olive oil, too much sun...
I think my heart problems started developing before pandemic .
My blood test seems all good.
Other people close to me , totally vaccinated , don't display any heart issues or anything that could be related to vaccine or diet.

A sudden passing of Peat made me very sceptical and wary about his approach.

Last edited:

Peachy

Very interesting. I guess I never put much into it because the doctors never made it sound like anything to worry about.
They love to say this. It’s true that it’s nothing to “worry” about but it requires awareness and, at times, lifestyle adaptions.

Is there actually things I can do to help this and alleviate symptoms?
1) Read the book I recommended. It’s a short, easy read. I poured over it in one sitting. It’ll explain a lot. Like why you’re so sensitive to stress hormones, etc.

2) Structure your diet and activity. Balancing blood sugar and electrolytes is key. Look into adrenal cocktails.

-breakfast
-mid-morning snack
-lunch
-mini-meal (or two afternoon snacks)
-dinner
-bedtime snack

I’d start there.

Peachy

The three things that helped me most:

1) Understanding. That’s why I recommend the book.

2) Gentle yoga

3) Transitioning to the metabolic approach with the help of a coach. It can be hard to make transitions when your nervous system is easily thrown off. Having someone who understood my situation and could help pace it was really valuable.

If you do this, look for someone who is first and foremost into the diet/lifestyle foundations and can offer mindful supplement recommendations - not just throw a bunch of stuff at you to fix your metabolism without getting to the root.

bloooeh

@iLoveSugar - What did the 2D echo show? If you don’t mind sharing the report… Having a leaky MV doesn’t always mean you have MVP.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter

Serotonin could be involved, which would also explain the fatigue and GI issues.

Peatress

My doctor wants me to do same scan, though 5-6 years ago when I had done checkup , my heart was totally healthy, and then every following year it started showing minor valve leaks .
Could it be a result of vaccination or coronavirus or exccesive Peating (saturated fats vs PUFA or too much dairy = inflamatory casein ) or tooth extraction couple years ago ?
Somewhat 4 years ago I bruised my shin with a bicycle and the bruise is still there... maybe due to too thin blood as a result of aspirin, coffee, olive oil, too much sun...
I think my heart problems started developing before pandemic .
My blood test seems all good.
Other people close to me , totally vaccinated , don't display any heart issues or anything that could be related to vaccine or diet.

A sudden passing of Peat made me very sceptical and wary about his approach.
I understand your frustration but Peat dying doesn't make him wrong. I managed to heal burns, cuts, bruise using vitamin E and progest E. I packed a cut with sugar (based on hearing Peat talk about this) then a day after cleaned and put progest E. I can't see the scar now. Peat did warn us about the vaccines in 2020.

bloooeh

Hi. Are you talking about CAC score scan or nuclear medicine (NM) test? Echo should be fine to do but is the murmur caused by mitral regurgitation? Or something else? If you had a murmur since birth, now I'm curious if you have a PFO or an ASD, which approximately 20-25% of adults have. Have they done an saline agitated contrast study (bubble study) during your echocardiograms? Has the murmur gotten louder or more pronounced?

As far Peaty lifestyle, I would say, at least, baby aspirin daily or 325mg few x/wk. , B3 (niacinamide), Vit E, K2 would be my top choice.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

@iLoveSugar - What did the 2D echo show? If you don’t mind sharing the report… Having a leaky MV doesn’t always mean you have MVP.
Attached was the report. Anything else in particular your looking for?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_012726_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_012726_MyChart.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 22

bloooeh

Attached was the report. Anything else in particular your looking for?
Thanks!
No mention of prolapse but the mild MR can be overestimated by the reading cardiologist. It could be trace or trace-mild range. Your LA size is normal which tells me that the MR is not significant. Most women have physiologic MR, probably estrogen driven. I haven't seen any studies of what the cause of it. The rest of the report are normal and not a concern. I really don't think the mild MR is causing your SOB, fatigue, etc.. The murmur can be from the mild MR.. The only thing to rule out is if you have a PFO (patent foramen ovale) or an ASD (atrial septal defect), its congenital or something that you were born with. There's no mention of the IAS (interatrial septum) in the report. So we can't tell if you have a shunt, meaning a hole or communication between left and right chambers. If its positive for shunt, that can cause the SOB, etc.... Other thing that's possibly causing your symptom is the palpitations. If you get a run of irregular beats you'll definitely will feel it... You can also do a treadmill stress test or a stress echo to check for ekg changes and/or possible blockage during peak exercise, not the chemical or nuclear test.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals