Knowing The Limits And Precision

Parsifal

I don't know if this is the good section to post this thread but anyways let's try it.

So after almost one year of "Peating", researching and reading you, I'm still confused about some things:

- Genetics seems to be considered useless. But people like @Area-1255 showed that some people seem to have very low estrogen by their genes.
- It always seems black and white. A hormone will be good or bad. I have always the impression that when a hormone is bad that we are trying to bring them down to absolute 0 and doing a very simplistic and confusing job. What about their cycles, acute spiking? Interdependances between each others? Don't we need them at least a little and in some cases?

PakPik

I don't know if this is the good section to post this thread but anyways let's try it.

So after almost one year of "Peating", researching and reading you, I'm still confused about some things:

- Genetics seems to be considered useless. But people like @Area-1255 showed that some people seem to have very low estrogen by their genes.
- It always seems black and white. A hormone will be good or bad. I have always the impression that when a hormone is bad that we are trying to bring them down to absolute 0 and doing a very simplistic and confusing job. What about their cycles, acute spiking? Interdependence between each others? Don't we need them at least a little and in some cases?

Hi Parsifal

There's no "good" nor "bad" hormone or mediator in the body. Every single one of them has its purpose. Trying to make them disappear is just as bad as having too much. What is key is for every person is to get everything work orderly and to not get into chronic stress patterns of functioning.

I don't think Peat has ever said that for example estrogen or serotonin should be brought down to zero -more like they shouldn't be out of control or out of balance; do you have a quote pointing to the contrary? Anyways, all the substances produced by the body have their important, mostly crucial roles in physiology.

I believe that when most people express the need or goal of bring some sort of hormone/mediator down, they are referring to a mediator that is likely to have been chronically higher than what's safe, higher to their the person's detriment, and therefore they say things like "how to lower estrogen", "how to antagonize estrogen", "how to destroy/inhibit serotonin", etc..., probably means just that: trying to get out of the vicious circle of some sort of chronically high stress-related substance. But make no mistake, these substances also work in physiological functions that aren't related to stress, and not having them doing that would be pretty stressful. Chronically bringing or antagonizing them to almost zero would be unhealthy and counterproductive.

I also don't think Peat has ever implied genetics to be useless. More like environmental, prenatal, etc, factors are a bigger thing and genetics have been given excessive focus, whereas the other -probably more important- factors have been downplayed. More over, environmental factors end up basically determining gene/protein expression as in epigenetics. Epigenetics in turn ends up heavily dictating body's systems functions and reactions. So everything is important and has its role.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals