Ectomorphs Endormorphs And Mesomorphs. What’s The Cause?

GorillaHead

So I am very interested in discussing among the community their thoughts on these body types. What dictates these body types from genetics to hormonal or other chemical expressions.

I personally lean more towards an ectomorph. I find it rather frustrating to put on weight. My appetite is very sparse and I am a hard gainer.

what things that we know here in the community leads to all this and is there room to change that expression from one body type to the other. Also I often find ectomorphs to suffer from bad neck posture. Some of the most intelligent people I know have very skinny builds. It’s very curious. Would love to hear thoughts and ideas!

Ron J

I think ectomorphs and mesomorphs are the only body types, and endomorphs are just one of either the former two, but wears fat well(by well I don't mean healthy). To me endomorphs seem fleshy(mostly adipose tissue) rather than being big due to their actual bone structure.
In regards to hormonal differences, I think it's just androgen production.

So I am very interested in discussing among the community their thoughts on these body types. What dictates these body types from genetics to hormonal or other chemical expressions.

I personally lean more towards an ectomorph. I find it rather frustrating to put on weight. My appetite is very sparse and I am a hard gainer.

what things that we know here in the community leads to all this and is there room to change that expression from one body type to the other. Also I often find ectomorphs to suffer from bad neck posture. Some of the most intelligent people I know have very skinny builds. It’s very curious. Would love to hear thoughts and ideas!

If you are still young,it would be slight or normal undereating,and high metabolism.
I do believe that there is only one Bodytype,and the differences are made by health-status and
prior incurred health-deficits.but under laboratory conditions,most would have,as an adult form,
athletic build,mesomorph.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

If you are still young,it would be slight or normal undereating,and high metabolism.
I do believe that there is only one Bodytype,and the differences are made by health-status and
prior incurred health-deficits.but under laboratory conditions,most would have,as an adult form,
athletic build,mesomorph.

Interesting. Well I am 27 is that still young? Anyway I can Change things so that I can eat more and gain easier?

Nebula

Maybe it’s mostly epigentic adaptations. Each body type seems like an adaptation to different types of stress and stimuli for several generations.

Ectomorph: endurance activity. farmers, sedentary thinkers, low protein, high carb intake.

Mesomorph: short bursts of intense resistance. Hunters, horseback nomads, warriors. High animal protein and fat intake.

Endomorph: extreme cold most of the year and/or periodic starvation and abundance. High polyunsaturated fat consumption. Bear like metabolism.

Phenotype probably can’t be changed much in a single generation, but stresses and stimuli might nudge a person towards one of these phenotypes over a decade post adolescence.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

I dont believe theres something like being over weight naturally. All people can lose weight, gain weight, all people can build muscle aswell. Its just a matter of diet, lifestyle and hormonal profile. They all blend together and every individual is different regarding hormonal profile etc. But everyone can improve thyroid and androgens. Everyone can eat protein and carbs, workout the right way and you will se mesmo results. Sure genetics might play in a bit but Ive seem skinny guys become beef and ripped without steroid use.

opethfeldt

Ectomorph: low to medium testosterone, high DHT, low estrogen
Endomorph: Medium to high testosterone, high estrogen, medium to high DHT
Mesomorph: High testosterone and DHT, low estrogen.

I don't think you can change your body type. It's something you're probably born with and also may be partially determined by how your puberty went. I had a very estrogenic puberty. I am absolutely an endomorph. I can pretty much only be muscular and fat or skinny and lean. I have to work very hard to achieve a good body composition. Keep in mind this post is entirely my own opinion and I could be totally wrong. This is just something I've thought about from time to time.

Herbie

Some men have wide pelvis like women and narrow shoulders, some very narrow pelvis and wide shoulders which makes them stronger for survival and happens in the worm from hormones

Kingpinguin

Some men have wide pelvis like women and narrow shoulders, some very narrow pelvis and wide shoulders which makes them stronger for survival and happens in the worm from hormones

i assume you mean womb. Do you have any scientific evidence that hormone levels in the womb affects shoulder width and pelvic width later in life or even in infants? You seem very sure about it like its a known fact. Would be interested in reading those studies. Or is this just your own personal observations and thoughts?

Herbie

Yes womb, I don’t rememeber, its not my own observations but accumulation of scientific information over years but maybe search shoulder to hip ratio and go from there.

I am refering to bone structure not muscles.

Anyway I can Change things so that I can eat more and gain easier?

What I did:

Bought a bottle of those standard 30mg zinc gluconate tablets. Cut them into 5-6 pieces. Took one such fragment at the beginning of each meal that was dairy based.

Meals that were red meat or fish or bird based did not require the zinc modification. For those I was able to enjoyably eat 400 grams per meal using a quality cajun seasoning mix, cooked onions and tomatoes, and pickled whole green chillies.

Interesting. Well I am 27 is that still young? Anyway I can Change things so that I can eat more and gain easier?

yes,that is still young.true beginning of impediment of growth under optimal conditions is to be expected at beginning of your 40ies.
For general healthy bodymass,meatprotein,gelatine etc,ripe fruits,Protein intake at least 1.6g to 2.2g per Kilogram of Bodyweight,
and eating Calories,under guiding of weight-control,as much as to the threshold of gaining Fatmass.

Jing

From what you post I seem similar to you with appetite , the only things that have helped me eat more to gain muscle or Weight are cyproheptadine but I can't take this as it just causes tiredness and problems with libido and erections, so for long time now I have been taking mk677 and with this I have put on roughly 3-4 stone if I stop taking mk677 I just go back to my bad appetite and literally can't eat much at all..

D

Deleted member 5487

Body type resembles your environment during puberty, the body quickly adapted and grew according. Genetics obviously play a huge part.

1) Mesomorph also called a JOCK. Wide clavicles/Frame to house bigger lungs to support bigger muscle bellies, Higher upper body strength, High type 2 muscle fibers. Sprinting, sports, working out.

2) Endorphin, large skeleton, including wider hips relative to shoulders, the hips grew to support an energetic surplus(fat) and larger frame. Overweight

3) Ectomorph, subpar development during puberty. Alot of sitting and studying/videogames, mabey some long distance running

4258A77D00000578-4697412-image-a-66_1500069942351.jp

Last edited by a moderator:

brix

I'm a classic ectomorph as well, 6'3 190lbs. It is hard to gain mass due to length of limbs/thin bone structure. I only gain muscle when eating 4500 cals and work out very hard. Even then, I end up looking like a mesomorph that doesn't really work out. Sucks.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Body type resembles your environment during puberty, the body quickly adapted and grew according. Genetics obviously play a huge part.

1) Mesomorph also called a JOCK. Wide clavicles/Frame to house bigger lungs to support bigger muscle bellies, Higher upper body strength, High type 2 muscle fibers. Sprinting, sports, working out.

2) Endorphin, large skeleton, including wider hips relative to shoulders, the hips grew to support an energetic surplus(fat) and larger frame. Overweight

3) Ectomorph, subpar development during puberty. Alot of sitting and studying/videogames, mabey some long distance running

4258A77D00000578-4697412-image-a-66_1500069942351.jp

Interesting idea? At 27 you think being super active can change my frame ? I saw a guy who was so skinny and small frame at 18. And then after so much roids his frame is massive.

D

Deleted member 5487

Interesting idea? At 27 you think being super active can change my frame ? I saw a guy who was so skinny and small frame at 18. And then after so much roids his frame is massive.

His deltoids and upper back/traps/neck exploded due to high androgen receptors in those areas. giving the appearance of a frame increase relative to his hips.

Focusing on shoulder development and taylored fitting clothes would be your best best. Actual Bone growth of the clavicles? No you would have need some sort of explosive Sports like football/swimming/Sprinting to max out your genetic potential.
cf652bd7-415e-4702-b3e3-3be1bc29611c-m.jpg

D

Deleted member 5487

I wouldn't focus to much effort on changing things that are unchangeable. It's every males dream to be 6'4 with super wide frame and a perfect face and 6% 220lbs.

This is clearly unattainable, alot of guys waste many hours working out more than a few times a week, taking superphysicological doses of steroids only to find themselves broke and bald at 35.

If your trying to increase your mating oppurtunities you much better off getting fit(top 5% fitness) and a couple thousands $ on well fitting clothing that matches skin tone and frame, tailored towards your audience of females and mating goals(Girlfriend/Marriage vs short term) , then opening your mouth, going out, and being realistic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals