j's log

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
j thanks for the update. That pretty neat about the milk part of it. You still feeling better then usual?

Yes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wow! I have to say that's pretty incredible.

OP
J

j.

I seem to tolerate more foods, including those with wheat, so I've been testing them, but having chocolate with soy lecithin and vanilla extract didn't feel right immediately after the first taste, so I didn't continue eating that.

OP
J

j.

After finding what seems to be my ideal dose of pregnenolone, 100 mg once every 3 days, just based on how I feel, I increased the dosage to see what would happen. I didn't feel as good, and it seemed that I had more food sensitivities, one of the things pregnenolone seems to help me with.

So, although I got the impression that Ray Peat thinks that you could consume as much pregnenolone as you wanted without reduction in benefits, at least for me I believe there is an optimum dose, and if I go over it I can get fewer benefits.

An interesting experiment for the future would be to test whether it's better for me to take 100 mg once every three days or a smaller dose every day.

OP
J

j.

Ray Peat was right when he mentioned that pregnenolone could make you feel an ability to confront challenges.

kiran

j. said:
Ray Peat was right when he mentioned that pregnenolone could make you feel an ability to confront challenges.

That sounds promising. What time of the day do you take your pregnenolone?

OP
J

j.

kiran said:

In the morning. 100 mg once every three days. The best feeling is the day after i took it. Have you tried it?

kiran

j. said:
kiran said:

in the morning. 100 mg once every three days. the best feeling is the day after i took it. have you tried it?

I tried 10mg and got a noticeable libido spike the same day. I'll have to take it more often.

OP
J

j.

Most important thing to avoid, based on how I feel after many months of experiments: PUFA.

Second most important thing to avoid: gluten

To set the context, I never really consumed a lot of soy, so I don't know where soy is in the scale, but it's bad.

Another thing that is bad to consume and a lot of people don't know is sodas or water from plastic bottles. Based on personal reactions, orange juice from plastic seems ok.

Interestingly, I ate gluten all my life, and of course, I didn't know it was bad because I was used to feeling the way it made me feel. But after giving it up for 6 months and consuming it again, even gradually, I found how awful it is for various things, including mood.

OP
J

j.

If pregnenolone + vitamin K can do this, I really wonder what lsd would feel like.

(I take pregnenolone regulary, though I am diminishing the dose, and a couple hours ago I took 15 mg of Thorne K2. The first time I had pregnenolone and K2 the same day I had an awesome feeling too, detailed in a previous post, but then I had a hard crash I think due to persorption of silica, because the vitamin K I took at the time was Carlson's. Let's see if this Thorne induced high brings about a crash soon, hopefully not).

I consume many teaspoons of gelatin also, although I don't know if that's an influence. Didn't do lights or magnesium bath today.

mandance

I have never done LSD, but musrhooms many times when I was a teen, the effects were very positive, and permanent for me as far as mindset. After experimenting with psychadelic drugs, I was permanently more deep thinking and creative and could problem solve much more efficiently. Very awesome stuff, dont know if its wise for an adult to do it though. Back then, my mind was free. Now...id probably panic haha.

jaa

I would imagine LSD, like any other drug, is much safer once the brain is fully developed.

OP
J

j.

10 mg and 50 mg versions of pregnenolone (Swanson) arrived in the mail today.

I was taking 100 mg, but it was too much I think, cause I was taking a pill once every 3 days, and lately once every 6 days. I took one 100 mg this morning so I'll let the effect pass before trying the 10 mg one.

OP
J

j.

Some observations: My optimal dose of pregnenolone is decreasing, which I take as a sign things are improving. Apparently you can recover very fast when you're younger than 30.

At first my ideal dose was once every three days. Then one every six days. Now it moved to once every 7 or 8 days. I take it sort of in an awkward manner because I bought the 100 mg pill, but it's clear now a much smaller dose would be ideal for me. Next time I feel like taking it again, I'll take a 10 mg pill.

OP
J

j.

Another observation is that I've been feeling really good lately. Almost high at some points in the day, and now even in days when I didn't take pregnenolone or vitamin k. The new things that I added lately were magnesium baths once or twice a week, honey, and 800 watts of incandescent lights, starting as soon as I wake up, even if for 10 minutes. Previously I was doing 400 watts. Some time back, like 6 weeks ago or so I also started taking gelatin daily.

mandance

I need to try more preg. For some reason, even though Peat recommends it...im afraid to mess with hormones but when i took 50mg a month ago. I felt sleep but good for like 3 days mentally. Sortuv like, more optimistic and less worried or something. I think it could be useful in raising low T. So i might actually take some tonight. Thats awesome you are having positive results. Keep it up!

OP
J

j.

Mandance, I'm gonna hijack my own thread momentarily. Have you tried lights yet?

OP
J

j.

Taking pregnenolone just once is probably nowhere near enough to discover its potential. I think I logged that I felt nothing the first time I took 100 mg.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals