j's log

jaguar43

Charlie said:
I stopped taking it because of the stress hormones that would come up immediately. With my thyroid supplementing I keep my body at just under the thresh hold of when the stress hormones start coming up. The body only wants to go so far up on metabolism before stress hormones start happening. Thats why Ray Peat says to only raise the dose of thyroid when the stress hormones have calmed down and are under control. When I would take pregnenolone, it would push me over that line. At the time, I did not realize what was going on. However, now I think I got it pretty much figured out. When I would take the pregnenolone it would boost my metabolism up immediately and cause a stress reaction because the metabolism rise was being pushed too hard. Progest-e also did the same thing to me as it raises metabolism immediately also.

When I take thyroid I usually do not get symptoms unless I am not eating enough, and when I eat something the symptoms go away. Pregnenolone actually helps when I take thyroid. I would also get a stress reaction from pregnenolone if i did not eat enough as well. I think you should go back and look at how much your eating. Thyroid and pregnenolone are only good when you have the right nutrients and enough fuel. I think a lot of people are too analytical about their supplements and food. Instead of trying to figure out every stress reactions, they should not blame thyroid or pregnenolone just because they added it to the mix.

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
Sounds like metabolism tried to push up too fast. :2cents

That day I also had more intense incandescent light sessions than usual.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jag2594 said:
When I take thyroid I usually do not get symptoms unless I am not eating enough, and when I eat something the symptoms go away. Pregnenolone actually helps when I take thyroid. I would also get a stress reaction from pregnenolone if i did not eat enough as well. I think you should go back and look at how much your eating. Thyroid and pregnenolone are only good when you have the right nutrients and enough fuel. I think a lot of people are too analytical about their supplements and food. Instead of trying to figure out every stress reactions, they should not blame thyroid or pregnenolone just because they added it to the mix.

Pretty sure I am eating enough. :D

HDD

by Charlie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 pm

I did not see any difference. So, I stopped it. I also stopped the pregnenolone because it seemed like it was making the stress hormones worse. However, thanks to Peatarian, thank you Peatarian! I started the pregnenolone up about 3 days ago and made sure to get a big dose of sugar with it. And, this time, no stress response! Yay! Maybe, in a couple weeks, I might start up the B-6 again and see how it goes."

Stumbled upon this thread from Oct.

OP
J

j.

I feel everything is working faster and better. Sorry that's kind of vague. My face feels warmer, I can think and talk fast, but it's not a state of anxiety or stress.

OP
J

j.

I feel so good I don't even care I could've been not miserable the past so many years had I found pregnenolone sooner. And I didn't even take it today, still feeling the effects from yesterday and the previous days.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j any updates?

OP
J

j.

I lowered the dose to one 100 mg pill once every three days and everything is fine.

I'm testing if my sensitivity to the milk I'm taking can diminish with pregnenolone, but I don't think that'll get fixed in just one week. I'll give it more time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
K thanks for the update!

I am considering starting up again on the pregnenolone but might take a small dose every 2 or 3 days.

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
I am considering starting up again on the pregnenolone but might take a small dose every 2 or 3 days.

They're selling at iherb brands with a 10 mg dose, tough apparently it has excipients and such that many don't like. Link

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I still got 2 nearly full bottles of beyond a century brand.

OP
J

j.

Going back to the topic of the milk, my problem is that it tastes disgusting to me. It used to not be that way. Today I tried it again, and it tasted bad, but I could swallow it. I will test if I drink it more and more while taking pregnenolone, I can drink normally again.

Recently I've been consuming a lot of yogurt that I buy from the store and strain to reduce lactic acid.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Powder.

Man I LOVE milk. nom nom nom nom. That's weird that it tastes bad to you. I get raw milk and it's so delish.

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
That's weird that it tastes bad to you. I get raw milk and it's so delish.

I don't get raw. I'm fairly sure they feed 'em soy. I used to be able to eat a lot of potatoes. Then they started to taste bad. Then I drank a lot of milk. Then it started to taste bad. So I think this is just another symptom of hypothyroidism.

However, I tried fried potatoes in coconut oil recently and there was no problem.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Powder.

Man I LOVE milk. nom nom nom nom. That's weird that it tastes bad to you. I get raw milk and it's so delish.
I love milk too. Can't get raw, it's illegal here. :roll:

What about making milkshakes j? That's if you like hagaan dazs of course and I mean who doesn't. ;)
I actually made one just now but I'm using just a little coffee HD in 2 c 1% milk and 2-3 TB of homemade chocolate sauce. nom nom nom nom :lol:

OP
J

j.

I tried today and was able to drink the milk more easily than expected. I think it'll work. Greek yogurt was working well, as the milk alternative, and cheese too.

OP
J

j.

I started being less strict about food, especially in social situations or due to convenience. I still avoid as much PUFA as possible, but eat wheat flour when available. This is in part because everything health-wise seems to be better and I don't feel bad when I deviate from the more strict diet. For a bit of my background, I had a bunch of symptoms related to hypothyroidism in the past, started avoiding PUFAs 14 months ago and gradually incorporated other aspects of Peat's advice. I also started taking pregnenolone almost two weeks ago.

OP
J

j.

j. said:
I'm testing if my sensitivity to the milk I'm taking can diminish with pregnenolone, but I don't think that'll get fixed in just one week. I'll give it more time.

Two weeks later update: It seems that I can drink milk a lot more easily. I was having trouble drinking milk for many months because it seemed to taste bad, like the bad aspects of the taste of milk were enhanced. Anyway, I'm drinking milk every day and feel fine, so this is a major improvement I attribute to pregnenolone. No problem in the digestive/intestinal aspect either.

Still taking 100 mg of pregnenolone once every three or two days. However, I ordered a 30 mg version to try to take every day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j thanks for the update. That pretty neat about the milk part of it. You still feeling better then usual?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals