Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

Dutchie

Do you remember the epic poster Mittir? He mentioned something about ca:ph balance being enough for people who couldn’t tolerate gelatin so that’s why iv been using eggshells.

Yeah,I remember that name.
Did he mean that higher calcium to phosphorus takes care of the anti-inflammatory properties of eating muscle meat? If so, I would need to take lots more of the calcium powder,but I'm a bit hesitant to go high with it bc I don't want it to be deposited in the wrong places.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah,I remember that name.
Did he mean that higher calcium to phosphorus takes care of the anti-inflammatory properties of eating muscle meat? If so, I would need to take lots more of the calcium powder,but I'm a bit hesitant to go high with it bc I don't want it to be deposited in the wrong places.
I understand. I’m still on k2 for that reason. I also have a little osteoporosis and osteopenia so hopefully it will help.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I understand. I’m still on k2 for that reason. I also have a little osteoporosis and osteopenia so hopefully it will help.
If you don't mind me asking, I think you mentioned a couple years back that you took thyroid occasionally? If so, are you still or have you been able to stop thyroid supplementation completely?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If you don't mind me asking, I think you mentioned a couple years back that you took thyroid occasionally? If so, are you still or have you been able to stop thyroid supplementation completely?
I rarely take it and when I do it’s T3 only. I do find it nice when I’m doing several 12 hour shifts in a row at work but technically I don’t seem to really need it.

Dutchie

I've been looking into a k2 supplement for a while now,but I cant find an affordable one not from soy/natto and without bad oils,fillers and D3.
part of me is also hesitant to try k2,bc of the other fat soluble vitamins and that it might cause (more?) imbalances.

Do you get T3 on prescription? Whenever I tested my t3 was always on the lower end and I couldn't get them to test rT3.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been looking into a k2 supplement for a while now,but I cant find an affordable one not from soy/natto and without bad oils,fillers and D3.
part of me is also hesitant to try k2,bc of the other fat soluble vitamins and that it might cause (more?) imbalances.

Do you get T3 on prescription? Whenever I tested my t3 was always on the lower end and I couldn't get them to test rT3.
I’ve been getting thyroid mainly from Mexico and order my own labs independently online.
I’ve been using HealthNatura K and recently ordered pure powder from vita space. I do not supplement A, E or D at this time. I get D from sunlight or a sun bed in the winter and don’t feel like I need extra A or E. Whenever I have tried E since changing to animal foods I notice I bleed and bruise quite easily and rapidly.

Dutchie

I’ve been getting thyroid mainly from Mexico and order my own labs independently online.
I’ve been using HealthNatura K and recently ordered pure powder from vita space. I do not supplement A, E or D at this time. I get D from sunlight or a sun bed in the winter and don’t feel like I need extra A or E. Whenever I have tried E since changing to animal foods I notice I bleed and bruise quite easily and rapidly.

Thanks....sadly ordering from Mexico isn't an option for me due to extra customs fees.
I can basically only order from iHerb,since they offer a payment option suited for me, provided the total amount doesn't exceed 22euros. Otherwise I'll have to pay extra for customs,taxes and such. The taxes aren't that bad,it's the fact that these delivery services add insane amounts on top for administration costs and whatnot. :/

I try to get as much D from sunlight too,then there's some dietary D3 from fish and D2 from mushrooms. I stopped supplementing E about 1+ years ago,bc a geneticstest showed that I had a gene defect for which E (tocopherol) was implicated to have a negative effect on it and I've never taken A or Cod liver oil anyway.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Do you find sun beds work just as good or better for you than a D supplement, and have you noticed any change in your skin good or bad? I have really fair skin that will tan (my version of a tan, anyway lol) with sun exposure but to keep my D level from becoming deficient, I need to be out in the sun for long periods of time and one thing I've noticed is that my skin's texture doesn't look or feel as healthy by the end of the summer as it does during the winter when my skin is back to fair.

I grew up when tanning beds were all the rage with my classmates and hated my fair skin so I debated using them too and my grandmother warned me not to, that it would be bad for my fair skin, and I know it's probably not a very Peaty opinion but I can't help but wonder if there was some truth to her warning. It may just be a coincidence but to this day, even at 95, she has really soft, beautiful skin with no brown spots and hardly a wrinkle on her, and she wasn't exactly a healthy eater. lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do you find sun beds work just as good or better for you than a D supplement, and have you noticed any change in your skin good or bad? I have really fair skin that will tan (my version of a tan, anyway lol) with sun exposure but to keep my D level from becoming deficient, I need to be out in the sun for long periods of time and one thing I've noticed is that my skin's texture doesn't look or feel as healthy by the end of the summer as it does during the winter when my skin is back to fair.

I grew up when tanning beds were all the rage with my classmates and hated my fair skin so I debated using them too and my grandmother warned me not to, that it would be bad for my fair skin, and I know it's probably not a very Peaty opinion but I can't help but wonder if there was some truth to her warning. It may just be a coincidence but to this day, even at 95, she has really soft, beautiful skin with no brown spots and hardly a wrinkle on her, and she wasn't exactly a healthy eater. lol
They do a great job at keeping my D up. I don’t feel like I’ve ever had great skin and it probably has aged me some. Sun and sun beds truly do help me tremendously with my mental outlook though so I suppose it’s a trade off.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

They do a great job at keeping my D up. I don’t feel like I’ve ever had great skin and it probably has aged me some. Sun and sun beds truly do help me tremendously with my mental outlook though so I suppose it’s a trade off.
Thanks for sharing! That's good to know. There must be something going on with my body then that I struggle to keep my D level up with sun alone. Even with all the hiking I did, my level was only 6. Maybe it's due to my liver. I've noticed since my temps run high now that I no longer crave the sun and would much rather be in the shade, however, I've seen conflicting opinions on the safety of D supplementation so I questioned if it's ideal to rely on it long-term.
What about pure UVB lamps?....do they produce a tan too?
From what I've read, they do. Maybe the ox bile will help my liver and D level as a result so that I won't need so much sun to prevent a deficiency.

Dutchie

@Jennifer a while ago I saw a picture that showed that dietary and supplemental D are transformed in the liver. While D from sunlight is transformed by the kidneys.

If only I remember where I saw that...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing! That's good to know. There must be something going on with my body then that I struggle to keep my D level up with sun alone. Even with all the hiking I did, my level was only 6. Maybe it's due to my liver. I've noticed since my temps run high now that I no longer crave the sun and would much rather be in the shade, however, I've seen conflicting opinions on the safety of D supplementation so I questioned if it's ideal to rely on it long-term.

From what I've read, they do. Maybe the ox bile will help my liver and D level as a result so that I won't need so much sun to prevent a deficiency.
I used to have a hard time keeping my D up even with supplements but after getting my inflammation down and doing a modified Coimba protocol for a few months in 2018 it’s been optimal with just sun and sun beds. I think eliminating dietary beta carotene and supplemental A helped me as well.

Dutchie

I used to have a hard time keeping my D up even with supplements but after getting my inflammation down and doing a modified Coimba protocol for a few months in 2018 it’s been optimal with just sun and sun beds. I think eliminating dietary beta carotene and supplemental A helped me as well.

I recall dr.Garett Smith having an article on vit.D supplementation,where he wrote that vit.D status also depends on mineral status.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Jennifer a while ago I saw a picture that showed that dietary and supplemental D are transformed in the liver. While D from sunlight is transformed by the kidneys.

If only I remember where I saw that...
Huh, I thought supplemental D and dietary D were the same D that we synthesize from the sun and that all three are hydroxylated (?) into the active form, calcitriol, in the kidneys (and liver)?

@Blossom, that makes sense to me why you had a hard time keeping your level up with both. I'm now wondering if what I use on my body is somehow messing with my skin synthesizing D -- I always bathe, and apply coconut oil mixed with floral oils all over my body afterwards, before sunbathing in the morning.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Huh, I thought supplemental D and dietary D were the same D that we synthesize from the sun and that all three are hydroxylated (?) into the active form, calcitriol, in the kidneys (and liver)?

@Blossom, that makes sense to me why you had a hard time keeping your level up with both. I'm now wondering if what I use on my body is somehow messing with my skin synthesizing D -- I always bathe, and apply coconut oil mixed with floral oils all over my body afterwards, before sunbathing in the morning.
Could be. How’s your cholesterol level?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Blossom-- I won't know until next month what my cholesterol level is but the last time it was checked, it had gone up to 160 from a low of 122 after I halved my thyroid dose.

Tzheng2012

The conversion of sunlight to vitamin D in the body which happens in the oils on the skin is supposed to continue for 24hrs after sun exposure, so if you take a shower with soaps and wash the bodys natural oils off your also not getting all the conversion. I actually havent used soap for the last half year except on the "pits and bits." Your body acclimates from overproducing oils to make up for what the soap strips off and i dont get oily or anything anymore. Although its good to sometimes scrub with a loofah to remove dead skin accumulation every couple weeks.

Tzheng2012

What about pure UVB lamps?....do they produce a tan too?

Sunlight has UVA and UVB. UVA is responsible for the antimicrobial benefits, but also is the ray that causes skin cancer, whereas UVB is responsible for vitamin D production and also tanning.

Early morning sun has higher UVA than UVB, so its less beneficial for vitamin D synthesis, but early morning also has more near infrared. So if you want red/infrared benefits morning suns good. The red/infrared may contribute to protecting the skin from too much UVA damage for those who like sunbathing in morning light.

10am-2pm is where the sun is highest in UVB, so this would be best time to get vitamin D from the sun. but it will darken you more lol. A solution is to A: first do some red light therapy with your red light device, because red light has been shown to protect the skin from sun damage. and B: take 12mg of Astaxanthin 30 minute before sunbathing. Its an algae or something. really high in lutein, carotinoids, zeaxanthin so good for the eyes. Its also one of the highest antioxidant supplements, great at scavanging free radicals. Its also been shown to protect the skin from sun damage. Many marathon runners take mega doses before a race so they dont end up looking 10 years older after their race lol.

Just an interesting thing ive been doing that i heard on some "biohacker" podcasts; Apparently there are scientific studies out that show humans can generate ATP through photosynthesis (a form of light therapy perhaps). What can increase the amount of ATP generated by cells through photosynthesis is having chloraphyll in the blood stream. So you can take a green juice, green smoothie, or something like chlorella 30 minutes before sunbathing. Melanin, the chemical in our our skin responsible for a tan, is also an agent that increases the ability of our cells to absorb sunlight. So the obvious way is to just get more tan. But some people dont like to be tan, so another option is to take something with melanin. And Chaga Mushroom happens to be this dark black mushroom loaded with Melanin (its responsible for Chaga's black color). So you could drink chaga tea also. On ebay theres a lot of people who harvest it themselves from their forests. The stuff on amazons a lot more expensive.

And lastly, something peaters should be familiar with, is methylene blue. It will also enhance the bodies ability to generate ATP from the sun. So a nice stack for sunbathing would be chloraphyll, like from chlorella, Astaxanthin for sun protection, Chaga Tea, and Methylene Blue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals