Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Tough times.

Your organization is remarkable:
- Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log
We should hang your posts on a wall and synthesize a paid exhibition.

I know your (not-yet-official) standards are high, therefore including brands is handy.
You must also be rich at this point because I've never witnessed so many sponsors in one post.

A few questions if you don't mind:
- How challenging was your adaptation to desiccated typhoid? I had an impression from reading your posts that you had bouts of hypermetabolism, was it stress-driven?
- Why did you opted for those specific collagen brands?
- How are you using venom D?

Thank you for sharing your journey.
Yeah, for sure!

:lol: Thank you very much! Organization is one of my quirks. You should see my closet. She's a thing of beauty -- ROY G BIV color-coded.

:D I get paid in fruit. It's better than gold to me so I feel it's a fair exchange. In all seriousness, I find the most difficult part about living a healthy lifestyle is sourcing clean products so my hope is that others find my listing the brands helpful, and it also keeps a record for me of what exactly I was using at the time.

My adaptation to thyroid was easy once my starting dose (I was way overmedicated) was titrated down -- I decreased it by 1/4 grain every two weeks and monitored my cholesterol (it had dropped to 122), temps (core and extremities), pulse and symptoms like the shortness of breath and heart palps. I do believe when my temps and pulse were elevated but my extremities cold, that my "hypermetabolism" was driven by stress, yes.

I chose Amandean because their collagen is made from wild-caught fish skins, no scales, from my region so it's more local, they lab test (the actual numbers, not pass/fail like other companies) for heavy metals and microbial counts, and the customer service is excellent. I chose marine sources for digestibility reasons and couldn't find a supplier of wild-caught fish gelatin so my only choice was farm-raised. I chose Custom Collagen for their years of experience in the industry, certification and customer service.

I take D orally with my herbal tinctures on the days I don't get sun, and depending on my blood work.

Thank you for being a part of it. :)

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

That’s interesting about Atropine relaxing the bile duct. Was Ray talking about problems with fat absorption?

Maybe some coconut oil with your zero fat ricotta would trigger the bile better than eggs, but you may be wary of trying that whole ricotta experiment again without ox-bile!

I have been crossing over to a Carnivore Diet this week so I have had to say goodbye to orange juice, banana and cherry smoothies, and lemon squashes for the time being!

(Lemon Squash is an old English name for a carbonated sugary lemon drink. Nothing to do with with pumpkin or zucchini, as far as I’m aware! Most brands here are 5% lemon juice with an artificial yellow colour! I was buying it in boxes of 10 cans to keep the fizz and then adding quite a bit of lemon and lime juice to it to increase the citrus content. I then added a dash of bitters to get a pink hue (hoping that the alcohol extracted bitters is not high in oxalate)! My drink was quite a fruity version of “lemon, lime and bitters” which is quite a common drink in pubs and restaurants in Australia.)

You are right that the Carnivore diet is filling and without any carbs it tends to be low calorie! A lot of the testimonies are from obese people, so maybe making weight loss easy is a large part of the Carnivore Diet’s success!

I am gradually increasing my beef consumption but in the meantime I bought some 35% fat cream to sip on! I had about 200ml today and yesterday which is about 600 Calories.

I haven’t really felt any change due to ketosis. I guess our bodies burn fat and sugar all the time, so maybe I won’t notice more ketosis, but I might notice a reduction in glycolysis via a more consistent mood!

I think the magic has already begun - My gut is more at ease!

Just 8 more items on my Wishlist to go!

I hope you are getting sunny and warm days!

Last edited:

Dutchie

Hi @Jennifer,

You are right that the Carnivore diet is filling and without any carbs it tends to be low calorie! A lot of the testimonies are from obese people, so maybe making weight loss easy is a large part of the Carnivore Diet’s success!

It seems to be an easy weightloss diet for men. I've seen many women in carnivore groups that don't lose much and/or actually gain (at first). The gain can reverse itself like it supposedly did without effort for Kelly Hogan.
Reading the posts of much of these women is what kept me from trying the carnivore diet (even when my plantfood choices are limited).

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Ray was referring to gallstones. The atropine relaxes the bile duct while the olive oil triggers the gallbladder to release the stones, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion! Does coconut oil trigger the release of bile? I thought it didn't, but maybe that's just false information I've read.

Oh, good luck! My gut was more at ease when I started the carnivore diet, too. The diet helped me to see the benefit of reducing my fiber intake.

Ah, okay! It sounds a lot like a Sprite with bitters. I used to love Sprite! Hopefully you won't miss your fruity citrus drink.

How is your breathing when consuming the cream? I noticed I no longer have breathing issues or stuffy sinuses with dairy.

A consistent mood would be nice! That's probably what I love best about my diet. Is your body liking the extra fat during the colder months?

Thanks! :) Yep, we're getting sunny and warm days, a little too warm now that I run so hot. lol I had been waking with 37° temps that rose to 37.22°+ during the day, but lately I've been waking with 37.22° temps. I'm not having any signs of adrenaline so hopefully the high temps are a good thing.

I'm keeping my phalanges crossed that carnivore helps you check off all those items! :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

It seems to be an easy weightloss diet for men. I've seen many women in carnivore groups that don't lose much and/or actually gain (at first). The gain can reverse itself like it supposedly did without effort for Kelly Hogan.
Reading the posts of much of these women is what kept me from trying the carnivore diet (even when my plantfood choices are limited).
Huh, interesting. I wonder why it causes easy weightloss for men, but not women. From what you've seen, does the gain more often than not reverse itself?

Dutchie

Huh, interesting. I wonder why it causes easy weightloss for men, but not women. From what you've seen, does the gain more often than not reverse itself?

To be honest, I dont keep up track with all of them. Often I see weightloss succes posts, what I see mentioned most are: cutting out dairy/eggs (sometimes coffee being mentioned too),fasting and higher fat lower protein or vice versa.
I think women have more issues bc of hormones, history of restriction etc.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

To be honest, I dont keep up track with all of them. Often I see weightloss succes posts, what I see mentioned most are: cutting out dairy/eggs (sometimes coffee being mentioned too),fasting and higher fat lower protein or vice versa.
Oh, okay. I can see a history of restriction playing a role, for sure. More men are restricting these days, but I'm not sure it's to the same extent yet as women.

Dutchie

Oh, okay. I can see a history of restriction playing a role, for sure. More men are restricting these days, but I'm not sure it's to the same extent yet as women.

I think the hormones are the biggest part why men seem to have more (effortless) succes from the start.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I lost about 15 pounds over a year but I was in the normal BMI range to begin with and remain in the normal range. I lost fat and gained muscle for sure. Upon reflection I realized for example that when I was 30 and weighed 10-15 pounds less my hips were 2 inches bigger than they are now. It seems like after 1 year of mostly animal foods I’m starting to be able to add in more plants without any problems. I’m hoping it sticks because I never planned on this being long term I was just feeling desperate at the time for relief.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I think the hormones are the biggest part why men seem to have more (effortless) succes from the start.
Yeah, so many women have a history of hormonal birth control use so I'm sure hormonal imbalances are a huge factor and also, on average, men have more muscle and less fat than women and muscle is more energy expensive.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

It makes me happy that you're doing so well, @Blossom! :) Were you eating the same diet while low A or did you find you eventually needed to eat mostly animal protein to fully heal? I'm so thankful I can tolerate animal protein again because I don't know how much longer I would have survived on just fruit. I noticed the same thing as you when I reintroduced the AP. My legs really firmed up like when I was hiking large mountains every weekend.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It makes me happy that you're doing so well, @Blossom! :) Were you eating the same diet while low A or did you find you eventually needed to eat mostly animal protein to fully heal? I'm so thankful I can tolerate animal protein again because I don't know how much longer I would have survived on just fruit. I noticed the same thing as you when I reintroduced the AP. My legs really firmed up like when I was hiking large mountains every weekend.
Thank you Jennifer! Initially on low A I ate much more variety but started overdoing oxalate inadvertently and that’s what led me to switch to mainly carnivore. I’m glad we are both gaining muscle. Sadly I think following Olwyn’s ideas contributed to my muscle atrophy amongst other things.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Sadly I think following Olwyn’s ideas contributed to my muscle atrophy amongst other things.
:( All I can say is I'm glad we're overcoming that time in our lives and grateful we had the opportunity to and took advantage of it.

Last edited:

Dutchie

I lost about 15 pounds over a year but I was in the normal BMI range to begin with and remain in the normal range. I lost fat and gained muscle for sure. Upon reflection I realized for example that when I was 30 and weighed 10-15 pounds less my hips were 2 inches bigger than they are now. It seems like after 1 year of mostly animal foods I’m starting to be able to add in more plants without any problems. I’m hoping it sticks because I never planned on this being long term I was just feeling desperate at the time for relief.

Yeah,a number on the scale doesn't say anything about body composition.
I understand the desperation, I was at a point too where I started to react (most immediate reaction being constipation) to virtually any plantfood. That's when I stumbled upon carnivore, yet I never dared to take the plunge and try it myself. So,I kept/keep on eating steamed cabbage daily bc it was the only plantfood that I tolerated.
I kept being on the fence about it,bc I read so many posts of women struggling and gaining fat (and I have enough in my midsection as is). There was also the fear that I'd get even more constipated and finally the sat.fat (which could be an issue with every way of eating). I wonder if the sat.fats are actually causing my bellyfat,yet I can't do low fat.
I have various genes that are negatively associated with sat.fats and I also don't do well with O6 according to it. (O6 isn't a problem since I don't eat nuts/seeds and vegetable oils other than EVOO and CO anyway).

Did you still eat CO (and maybe olive oil) when being carnivore? and did you still adhere to Peat recommended protein sources?
Did you supplement calcium...or did you eat dairy? My bloodcalcium has been just above the outer range for the past 3 years (it kept very slowly going up) (PTH tested a couple of times and always came back ok).
Beginning this year I kept craving goat cream cheese so bad,that I finally gave into it. That has led me to believe that even though my blood calcium was high, I was actually not getting enough calcium with meats and fish......and what I later found an oxalate problem. So,now I intuitively take a little calciumpowder everyday and it made me feel so much better.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you still eat CO (and maybe olive oil) when being carnivore? and did you still adhere to Peat recommended protein sources?
Did you supplement calcium...or did you eat dairy?
I don’t have any issues with coconut oil or olive oil but generally get enough fat without them. I use eggshells for calcium and sometimes eat goat dairy. Most of my meat is ruminant (beef and lamb) but I eat other meats and seafood as well. I suppose the main peaty thing that’s changed is that I’ve obviously been much lower carb just by the nature of what I’m eating. Honey is my main and practically only carb source. I used to contribute my issues on paleo to it being low carb but now I think it was the high oxalate. I’ve noticed a lot of people who have oxalate problems seem to be drawn to carnivore.

Dutchie

@Blossom Me too.....I actually question if a lot of my previous health issues are/were related to oxalates. I think people with oxalate issues are drawn to carnivore,bc virtually any plant has a certain amount of oxalates in them (or salicylates or lectins etc.)
Looking back on it, whatever diet I ate at a time in my life some of their staples that I ate daily/regularly were always high or very high oxalate sources.
Animal protein...most of them..are oxalate free. However what I do find odd is that Sally Norton on her site still has broth recipes, while gelatin/collagen is said to trigger endogenous oxalate production. (the combination of hydroxyproline and glycine is).
Since I don't seem to do well with eggs,I figured eggshell supplement wouldn't be a good option for me,so I now use some coral calcium powder and I use limited vit.C as calcium ascorbate.

Currently I'm starting to have questionable results from eating moderate amounts of collagen (try to keep it to 1/2 tsp) or glycine powder to balance out the muscle meat I eat. :/

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Currently I'm starting to have questionable results from eating moderate amounts of collagen (try to keep it to 1/2 tsp) or glycine powder to balance out the muscle meat I eat. :/
Me too sadly. I had kidney pain from oxtails yesterday. I have been making meat broth recently because it’s lower in collagen but I just couldn’t resist testing out oxtail. Looks like a big no for now.

Dutchie

Me too sadly. I had kidney pain from oxtails yesterday. I have been making meat broth recently because it’s lower in collagen but I just couldn’t resist testing out oxtail. Looks like a big no for now.

I wonder how we're supposedly are to cancel out the (possible) inflammatory reactions from eating muscle meats? I personally can only have some goat cheese every now and then.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder how we're supposedly are to cancel out the (possible) inflammatory reactions from eating muscle meats? I personally can only have some goat cheese every now and then.
Do you remember the epic poster Mittir? He mentioned something about ca:ph balance being enough for people who couldn’t tolerate gelatin so that’s why iv been using eggshells.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals