If somebody completely lost the ability to sweat (me) what kind of health issues could that cause over time ?

mattmm24

How do you get 4000 in just diet alone?
I don’t think it’s very hard. 2 bananas, one potato, coconut water, 2 8 ounce portion of beef/chicken. Cooked vegetables. Maybe some beans. If you are eating more than 2000 calories a day and watching what you eat, its simple.

Smitty

I lost the ability to sweat when I got dysautonomia a few years ago and I just keep getting sicker. I’m decided to stop ignoring it and try and figure out how to sweat again and stop pretending it’s out of my control.

So what health issues could arise if you aren’t able to sweat? How bad can it get ?
The inability to sweat makes tolerating heat quite difficult. I too am experiencing what I believe to be dysautonomia and have not sweat a single drop for the past 2 years. Have you looked into a thiamine deficiency? I'm on day 2 of supplementing Benfotiamine and both nights I have woken up covered in sweat. Although not ideal, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale describes this as a paradoxical reaction – he explains that those who experience these reactions will likely respond well in the long run to supplementation. Elliot Overton has a great video talking about how to start supplementation, as does Dr. Lonsdale's book. Co-factors are important: magnesium, potassium, b-complex, molybdenum and selenium. I took too much the first day and had severe body aches and a headache, so do follow the advice of the mentioned resources. Low and slow. Best of wishes.

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
The inability to sweat makes tolerating heat quite difficult. I too am experiencing what I believe to be dysautonomia and have not sweat a single drop for the past 2 years. Have you looked into a thiamine deficiency? I'm on day 2 of supplementing Benfotiamine and both nights I have woken up covered in sweat. Although not ideal, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale describes this as a paradoxical reaction – he explains that those who experience these reactions will likely respond well in the long run to supplementation. Elliot Overton has a great video talking about how to start supplementation, as does Dr. Lonsdale's book. Co-factors are important: magnesium, potassium, b-complex, molybdenum and selenium. I took too much the first day and had severe body aches and a headache, so do follow the advice of the mentioned resources. Low and slow. Best of wishes.
I’ve tired high dosing Ttfd and benfo but it hasn’t helped me sweat at all unfortunately. Let me know if it keeps up though maybe I’ll try again

pondering

My friend’s dad lost the ability to sweat and it was a liver issue (as others have already mentioned) in his case

pondering

How’d he fix it?
His was an extreme case. He ended up needing a liver transplant. His ability to sweat resumed after the transplant. I’m sure there are things that can be done before one gets to that point though.

Maybe get your liver checked as others have suggested?

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
His was an extreme case. He ended up needing a liver transplant. His ability to sweat resumed after the transplant. I’m sure there are things that can be done before one gets to that point though.

Maybe get your liver checked as others have suggested?
The enzymes started to be high and I have a fatty liver. But the enzymes are never elevated anymore. But now I wonder if that’s just becasue it stopped doing its job.

I also wonder if it’s possible I don’t sweat as protective mechanism to not waste anymore potassium.

pondering

The enzymes started to be high and I have a fatty liver. But the enzymes are never elevated anymore. But now I wonder if that’s just becasue it stopped doing its job.

I also wonder if it’s possible I don’t sweat as protective mechanism to not waste anymore potassium.
If potassium is the issue, its not hard to get via diet (coconut water, bananas, lentils, potatoes, and others). My go to is coconut water. You do need to keep it in balance with sodium though if you tend towards low blood pressure (which I have an issue with). B1 controls potassium/sodium homeostasis. B1 also needs magnesium, and low magnesium can cause potassium issues too.

Not suggesting you try and get a ton of potassium all at once. Just slowly add it in throughout the day, if you feel it lowering your blood pressure, you can alternate with salt in water. At least that’s what I do.

Last edited:
OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
If potassium is the issue, its not hard to get via diet (coconut water, bananas, lentils, potatoes, and others). My go to is coconut water. You do need to keep it in balance with sodium though if you tend towards low blood pressure (which I have an issue with). B1 controls potassium/sodium homeostasis. B1 also needs magnesium, and low magnesium can cause potassium issues too.

Not suggesting you try and get a ton of potassium all at once. Just slowly add it in throughout the day, if you feel it lowering your blood pressure, you can alternate with salt in water. At least that’s what I do.
I’m not sure if it’s my issue. In my other thread I’ve talked about my chronic breathing issues that came on after Fludrocortisone. It’s a potassium wasting drug , and also I’ve been on beta blockers for years which also block potassium transport into cells. Might explain some on my respiraotry muscle dysfunction and fasciculations but I’m not sure. I’ve quite the beta blockers just two weeks ago and have been supplementing potassium as I don’t think I’ll get enough with just food. I think my potassium deficiency goes back years when I first developed POTS and MCAS and lost my sweating . And maybe that drug combo put me over the edge. Just a theory though

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals