If cells preferentially accumulate pregnenolone, why some people have -ve reactions

Elie

Forum Supporter
It is about Georgi's pot Cells preferentially accumulate Pregnenolone (P5), Progesterone (P4), and DHEA – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

if cells accumulate preferentially pregnenolone 95P), and P5 favors the production of the anti-stress / androgenic hormones, why are there negative reports about using it, especially at lower doses?
It seems that the folks using hundreds of mgs are more likely to avoid negative effects.
(I don't remember the details, just remember several forum members reporting negative effects)

Limon9

Dr. Peat suggested that the manufacturing had changed. I gather that the shift was from a rigorous, fully synthetic procedure to the extraction of hormones and pro-hormones from yam, with final products containing tenths of a percent of diosgenin or other ramifying, hormonally-active compounds. Maybe a bigger dose of pregnenolone has disproportionately protective effects against those impurities. Otherwise I just don't know.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Yes, Ray and Danny (and Georgi) had talked about the quality of pregnenolone being questionable with a possibility of it containing estrogen / estrogenic substances. This is unlike DHEA and progesterone which seems to be "cleaner."

Georgi had tested his pregnenolone in a basic lab and said it was clean, but last I checked he was waiting o check it in a more thorough lab. I haven't seen any updates on that.

I personally take 30mg pregnenolone per day from Pure Encapsulations. I don't perceive any effects from it, negative or positive. I also take it with 5 mg DHEA (twice a day).

OP
Elie

Elie

Forum Supporter
So there is a serious quality issue with various sources of pregnenolone?

So perhaps high dose progesterone with low dose DHEA will achieve a similar effect...

xeliex

Forum Supporter
So there is a serious quality issue with various sources of pregnenolone?

So perhaps high dose progesterone with low dose DHEA will achieve a similar effect...
I think that's what Danny Roddy does.
Pure Encapsulations is generally a trustworthy brand, so I will continue taking their pregnenolone 30mg and their 5mg DHEA for now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals