I Realized I'm Basically Always In Pain, And I've Just Gotten Used To It. Aspirin And Yoga Fixes It

YourUniverse

I must always have a fat burning metabolism, and am liberating PUFA constantly.

My back is a mess and I didn't even realize it, I just live with it. My breathing is restricted at all times, but aspirin alleviates it so it must be inflammation (so its PUFA derived).

Im going to take at least 1 aspirin every 3 to 5 hours. I started this morning, I'm boiling hot abd starving. The desire for sugar and protein (milk...) is through the roof. This must be what a good metabolism feels like.

Im going to keep this up for at least a week. Maybe in this time, my body can heal the residual damage that is always inflamed? By giving it a break from the PUFA

J

james2388

My back is a mess and I didn't even realize it, I just live with it. My breathing is restricted at all times

Do you know how your spine works? Diaphragm? Intercostal Muscles? Abdominal? It's all connected.

Hate to say it, but pufa or no pufa, it aint going to fix your back. You need physical therapy and corrective exercises. Less time on the phone, more time at an ergonomic computer/tv environment. Cell phone use and poor posture on the computer are posture destroyers.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

Do you know how your spine works? Diaphragm? Intercostal Muscles? Abdominal? It's all connected.

Hate to say it, but pufa or no pufa, it aint going to fix your back. You need physical therapy and corrective exercises. Less time on the phone, more time at an ergonomic computer/tv environment. Cell phone use and poor posture on the computer are posture destroyers.
True, I started swimming and do some yoga at home. Swimming I think is incredible, it forces a full spinal extension and exercises the muscles that puff the chest out (breast stroke that is)

J

james2388

True, I started swimming and do some yoga at home. Swimming I think is incredible, it forces a full spinal extension and exercises the muscles that puff the chest out (breast stroke that is)

Yes swimming is great, far better than yoga. the reason why so many people have back problems is because they don't use full range of motion in the shoulder, which promotes thoracic mobility. Look into anterior and posterior oblique slings, the foundation of movement.

forterpride

Yes swimming is great, far better than yoga. the reason why so many people have back problems is because they don't use full range of motion in the shoulder, which promotes thoracic mobility. Look into anterior and posterior oblique slings, the foundation of movement.

Could you point me in the right direction on where I can find info on how to improve oblique slings. I can’t seem to find any consistent advice or excercises on youtube. Seems like every video takes a different approach and most are centered around lifting weights. I just want to be as flexible and have as much structural integrity as possible. Thank you for your time.

J

james2388

Flexibility is instability. What you want is movement under load. Pushing your limbs to their limits passively is a disaster. Best approach is Functional Patterns you can learn a lot from their Instagram pages and coaches. Exercises that use the oblique slings are *contralateral exercises* like bird dogs on the knees or back. This is the same motion of swimming, walking, running, throwing. Reciprocal unilateral exercises. Better off buying a thick band set, the cylindrical bands not straps, that come with a door anchor. Can do a lot of isometric tension. Oblique sling exercises - rotation of the spine. Like this is the pinnacle of human movement, don't be surprised if it's not easy to understand at first.

HumanLife

@jamies33 Have you tried going to a Physiotherapist? I had awful headaches and pain but it turned out to be scoliosis - my spine was sided more to my right, but with Physio sessions and home exercises I managed to correct the issue. Yoga is a good step in keeping your body flexible but it’s not enough.

forterpride

Flexibility is instability. What you want is movement under load. Pushing your limbs to their limits passively is a disaster. Best approach is Functional Patterns you can learn a lot from their Instagram pages and coaches. Exercises that use the oblique slings are *contralateral exercises* like bird dogs on the knees or back. This is the same motion of swimming, walking, running, throwing. Reciprocal unilateral exercises. Better off buying a thick band set, the cylindrical bands not straps, that come with a door anchor. Can do a lot of isometric tension. Oblique sling exercises - rotation of the spine. Like this is the pinnacle of human movement, don't be surprised if it's not easy to understand at first.

what are your thought on concentric only hex bar deadlifts...with rubber weights...so I drop the bar at the top of the lift. Is this a good excercise to correct imbalances and strengthen core? Thanks.

HumanLife

Can you share your home exercises? sometimes I wonder...

6187B921-6F5D-4391-88A9-24153F3F4AC2.png

That’s it. I used to take aspirin for the pain too but now I don’t need to. I would still recommend going to an experienced Physiotherapist for your issues.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

View attachment 19165

That’s it. I used to take aspirin for the pain too but now I don’t need to. I would still recommend going to an experienced Physiotherapist for your issues.
Thank you. My trouble areas are my neck and my left shoulder (left mid back). Turning head all the way to the side with chin tucked is painful. Ill try this.

Last edited:
OP
Y

YourUniverse

Wow. I did the 2 sets to the right and my left shoulder/mid back is fixed somehow. Body is weird. Thank you so much @HumanLife.

Wow again. This actually took away months, maybe years, of pain in half an hour. I did it sitting down, standing up, lying down, and with arms pressed against the wall.

I had an x-ray that showed my neck had basically no curvature. Normal necks have about a 43 degree curve, mine is basically erect (14 degrees).

Last edited:
J

james2388

what are your thought on concentric only hex bar deadlifts...with rubber weights...so I drop the bar at the top of the lift. Is this a good excercise to correct imbalances and strengthen core? Thanks.

Sure, that's the way people deadlift. But if you really wanted the best advice hit up a personal trainer or film your workouts. Some people just have two short arms to be doing any dead lifting. Everything is about limb ratios when you want to be doing these powerlifting/bodybulding style exercises. People wear the wrong shoes as well. Overall I don't recommend anyone deadlifting. Compound movements will slowly break someone down without adjusting imbalances.

HumanLife

Thank you. My trouble areas are my neck and my left shoulder (left mid back). Turning head all the way to the side with chin tucked is painful. Ill try this.

Wow. I did the 2 sets to the right and my left shoulder/mid back is fixed somehow. Body is weird. Thank you so much @HumanLife.

Wow again. This actually took away months, maybe years, of pain in half an hour. I did it sitting down, standing up, lying down, and with arms pressed against the wall.

I had an x-ray that showed my neck had basically no curvature. Normal necks have about a 43 degree curve, mine is basically erect (14 degrees).

I had the pain for a year, and it would come back on and off. My Physiotherapist told me that going to the gym made my body fluid enough to not be stuck and feel pain, which matches when the pain would stop when I started going to the gym again and when it would come back when I would stop (the first months of COVID were the worst). That's cool that it helped so much, but if the back issues persist, going to a Physio who would be able to give you more help would definitely be very beneficial. It only cost me 35 euros for a session here, but that's Malta, I don't know about Canada prices.

@HumanLife Thanks for this, definitely going to try this for recent neck onset neck pain :):

My issue wasn't neck pain, so I don't know if that exercise would help with it, it was from feeling a sharp pain on the left side of the back of my head. I'm glad if it actually does help you out!

HumanLife

I also started using a Physio pillow:

61ib0-fQtEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The difference in comfort is night and day. Definitely recommended if you want to maximize sleep benefits.

Quelsatron

I wonder if chronic muscular pain from poor posture could be related to the mitochondrial damage caused to the muscles by eccentric contraction that Peat has mentioned

OP
Y

YourUniverse

that's Malta, I don't know about Canada prices.
Malta! What an amazing island.

I wonder if chronic muscular pain from poor posture could be related to the mitochondrial damage caused to the muscles by eccentric contraction that Peat has mentioned
Could be. I think its related to mitochondria, but I feel most pain is weakness. The less I exercise the more pain I get. The more I sit hyper-supported, the more pain I get.

Yoga has become synonymous with stretching, which is a bandaid for pain. It relieves the pain temporarily but does not fix it. Muscular exertion, strength, fixes pain. Yoga is actually about using your own muscles to stretch themselves. It is a practice of concentration, pain tolerance to a degree, but also muscle building via un-aided contraction which is used to stretch through muscles and their pains, offering exercise, stretching, massage and chiropractic all in one.

It is this latter described practice, actual yoga, which is incomparably helpful for pain. It is equally about strength building as it is about stretching.

Basically I've become quite weak, at least in the small muscles, stabilizers, abdomen and neck. I also have an injury to my left pec, the resultant scar tissue requiring much more back and shoulder strength to compensate, but also leaving my left pec weaker than it was previously and my left shoulder pinned slightly forward. After this injury I stopped exercising so intensely, but I also gradually developed more and more pains.

Last edited:

Quelsatron

Malta! What an amazing island.

Could be. I think its related to mitochondria, but I feel most pain is weakness. The less I exercise the more pain I get. The more I sit hyper-supported, the more pain I get.

Yoga has become synonymous with stretching, which is a bandaid for pain. It relieves the pain temporarily but does not fix it. Muscular exertion, strength, fixes pain. Yoga is actually about using your own muscles to stretch themselves. It is a practice of concentration, pain tolerance to a degree, but also muscle building via un-aided contraction which is used to stretch through muscles and their pains, offering exercise, stretching, massage and chiropractic all in one.

It is this latter described practice, actual yoga, which is incomparably helpful for pain. It is equally about strength building as it is about stretching.

Basically I've become quite weak, at least in the small muscles, stabilizers, abdomen and neck. I also have an injury to my left pec, the resultant scar tissue requiring much more back and shoulder strength to compensate, but also leaving my left pec weaker than it was previously and my left shoulder pinned slightly forward. After this injury I stopped exercising so intensely, but I also gradually developed more and more pains.
Peats view on eccentric exercise being damaging seems to be partially misunderstood on this forum, the damage eccentric exercise being caused is also repaired by concentric exercise, or at least that seems to be his claim. Following this, normal weightlifting isn't that bad, because even if you do something like slow eccentric descent on a curl, you still need to contract concentrically to bring it back up to begin with. It's only unnatural movement patterns that are bad, like walking down the mountainside but riding a lift up, or perhaps muscle posture strain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals