I have found a way to reduce retinol toxicity quickly!

GorillaHead

The answer selenium! I tested it out.

If you take retinol supplements your skin will dry out. But start consuming selenium! And bam oily within days or even less.

Here is some empirical data as well

Question is this a good thing actually. Perhaps retinol supplements should always be consumed with selenium

It seems selenium pushes vitamin A metabolism to more retinlhyde instead of retinol and apparently its as effective without the side effects.

LeeLemonoil

The answer selenium! I tested it out.

If you take retinol supplements your skin will dry out. But start consuming selenium! And bam oily within days or even less.

Here is some empirical data as well

Question is this a good thing actually. Perhaps retinol supplements should always be consumed with selenium

It seems selenium pushes vitamin A metabolism to more retinlhyde instead of retinol and apparently its as effective without the side effects.

What did you take? A Selenium-Supplement? Which form/quantity? Or Brazil nuts?

Adequate selenium intake especially when you consume supplemental Retinol was discussed many times on the RPF and should be advised more often in mainstream.

Retinal is related with entomological „juvenile hormone“ and suspected to be the main active for skin rejuvenation, anti-acne therapy and so forth.

Given modern days excessive screen time and bluelight expression, Retinal might be more required then ever

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

What did you take? A Selenium-Supplement? Which form/quantity? Or Brazil nuts?

Adequate selenium intake especially when you consume supplemental Retinol was discussed many times on the RPF and should be advised more often in mainstream.

Retinal is related with entomological „juvenile hormone“ and suspected to be the main active for skin rejuvenation, anti-acne therapy and so forth.

Given modern days excessive screen time and bluelight expression, Retinal might be more required then ever
Selenium supplement.

The thing is retinol supplementation is leading to serious Side effect . So while this forum promotes it there are so many reporting really bad side effects!

Hair-loss being one of the most reported! Achey joints! Overly dry skin.

So perhaps its the selenium afterall that is needed

LeeLemonoil

Selenium supplement.

The thing is retinol supplementation is leading to serious Side effect . So while this forum promotes it there are so many reporting really bad side effects!

Hair-loss being one of the most reported! Achey joints! Overly dry skin.

So perhaps its the selenium afterall that is needed

This forum is not a singular entity.

Peat has written extensively about Vitamin A. As have many participants of this forum, especially in early years. A lot of pros and cons and nuances have been exchanged and elaborated.

Retinol is only one form with many subsequent metabolites. The effects you State as reported might stem from different metabolites, in case of acne medication from certain Retinoids.

That’s why you’re right: In any given organism, at any given time and its Individual Situation a specific balance of metabolites are either rather beneficial or detrimental. Sometimes what is needed and beneficial in one certein tissue leads detrimental effects elsewhere.

So yes, sometimes and for some Selenium intake might improve what retinol does.

Smelly5

I dont get dry skin or have any noticable problems from supplementing Retinol.
My understanding was that if anything it should help with dry skin.
I had nasty cracks in my feet and fingers and the Retinol cleared it up very quickly.

What brand of Retinol do you take?

Zigzag

I dont get dry skin or have any noticable problems from supplementing Retinol.
My understanding was that if anything it should help with dry skin.
I had nasty cracks in my feet and fingers and the Retinol cleared it up very quickly.

What brand of Retinol do you take?
While flakyness and dry skin might happen with retinol it's pretty rare. It's metabolites on the other hand...I still have flashbacks from my tretinoin "experiment".

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

While flakyness and dry skin might happen with retinol it's pretty rare. It's metabolites on the other hand...I still have flashbacks from my tretinoin "experiment".
If only the dandruff explanation can be solved. Thought i had it locked down but its back. Eyebrows flaking. With or without use of vitamin a supplements

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If only the dandruff explanation can be solved. Thought i had it locked down but its back. Eyebrows flaking. With or without use of vitamin a supplements
Possible zinc deficiency.

Summer

I find it odd that Hibiclens worked for you for some time and then it didn’t. Even if its effect was brief, you’d still think this shows the cause of the dandruff is bacterial or fungal in nature.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

What kind of zinc?

I am not sure.
Zinc piccolinate.

T
I find it odd that Hibiclens worked for you for some time and then it didn’t. Even if its effect was brief, you’d still think this shows the cause of the dandruff is bacterial or fungal in nature.
The whole thing is odd. Dry flaking only in hair dense areas. I know so much about this ***t and still here we are.

Kray

Hi Summer- do you have experience with Hibiclens? If so, do you know if it's good as a wash to cleanse and re-apply for skin lesion treatment? Since I need to do this twice a day, just wondering if it's considered gentle and safe enough, or is a gentle soap and water good enough?

Summer

Hi Summer- do you have experience with Hibiclens? If so, do you know if it's good as a wash to cleanse and re-apply for skin lesion treatment? Since I need to do this twice a day, just wondering if it's considered gentle and safe enough, or is a gentle soap and water good enough?
Hi. I have never used the stuff as I’d be too afraid of getting it in my eyes. I don’t think it can be considered gentle but I’m not entirely sure.

Kray

Hi. I have never used the stuff as I’d be too afraid of getting it in my eyes. I don’t think it can be considered gentle but I’m not entirely sure.
I don't think it's too gentle, either. I'll pass. Thanks for responding!

LLight

I'm not sure if I can make a link between these events but my left foot dead skin started peeling (in a way I had never really seen before) recently and I have been taking a selenium supplement for about 1 month now.

golder

I'm not sure if I can make a link between these events but my left foot dead skin started peeling (in a way I had never really seen before) recently and I have been taking a selenium supplement for about 1 month now.
Nice, what dosage of selenium are you taking per day, seems like it’s definitely helping with the new skin formation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals