Hypothyroid And Hashimotos

Anu

Hi,

I am a 30 year old woman , very recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's and under active thyroid. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine but I refuse to take synthetic hormones. Can I bring my TSH down naturally as I would like to start trying to conceive soon. I am an active person, 120 lbs and 5'4 . My only symptoms are fatigue, fat in the mid section and occasional constipation/bloating. Average temperature- 97.7.

My TSH was 4.55 , T3 and T4 were in range. I have about 168 anti-bodies.

What can I do bring down my TSH faster? My current diet is as below-

1. I used sunflower oil for years, ate a lot of fried food, so I am pretty sure my body is filled with PUFAs. I have switched to coconut oil and butter.
2. I am taking selenium supplements , B1 (thiamine) supplements, vitamin a,d,k,e, B12 after I found I was really low in thiamine , K and A. I am not a meat eater and I believe my body never absorbed the beta carotene I got from veggies and pre-natals.
3. I am including orange juices, butter, coconut oil raw carrots, wholesome veggies and greens in my diet.
4. Using essential oils like progessence plus for progestone and endoflex to boost thyroid. Progestore helped me increase my luteal phase
5. Ditched the plastic water bottles and setup an actual water purifier
6. Probiotics in food as well as supplements (culturelle and nexabiotic)
7. Avoiding restaurant food and gluten. My diet consists of home cooked indian vegetarian carb rich food with a lot of rice and dairy.

Last edited:

biggirlkisss

how you increased meal frequency and have you looked at chronometer for your micro ratios. How long you are satisfied will tell you if ratios are ok. Umm I think I could be wrong I saw a study on D levels and
Hashimotos tanning beds until june july augest depending on uv index of location would be good. start with that.

OP
A

Anu

how you increased meal frequency and have you looked at chronometer for your micro ratios. How long you are satisfied will tell you if ratios are ok. Umm I think I could be wrong I saw a study on D levels and
Hashimotos tanning beds until june july augest depending on uv index of location would be good. start with that.
Thanks.. I got a macro nutrient test and I am not deficient in vitamin D. As for meal frequency , im snacking when i can. I used to do intermittent fasting in the past, now I eat 3 big meals a day

biggirlkisss

i saw someone calm that ondancestron anti serotonin helped with antibodies anti serotonin I tried it and got no where with nausea. Red light reduces no which reduces serotonin. Im sure going to bed with sun down would help too going to bed then 9-10 and just time. These things take time. I would be pro active I would scared of the possible damage the disease could cause. Again though I don't have clinic experience with it. Friend told me she know of a guy that had hashimotos now that surprises:p: me.

aguilaroja

I am a 30 year old woman , very recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's and under active thyroid. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine but I refuse to take synthetic hormones. Can I bring my TSH down naturally as I would like to start trying to conceive soon. I am an active person, 120 lbs and 5'4 . My only symptoms are fatigue, fat in the mid section and occasional constipation/bloating. Average temperature- 97.7. ...

It is good you are active and actively investigating things. While TSH is on helpful indicator, it is not sufficient to verify good metabolism. It is important to feel and function well, instead of only having good labs.

A full list of hypothyroid symptoms is very long. Also, low thyroid function in women predisposes to high estrogen states. Symptoms of so-called estrogen-dominance may be more evidence for low thyroid function. Each person I have met with high TSH and a few low thyroid symptoms had more than a few symptoms upon further questioning.

While levo-thyroxine, or T4, is not the only thyroid hormone, and can be synthesized for manufacture, it may accurately be called bio-identical. T4 is “naturally” produced internally by human and animals, and has internal pathways for its mobilization, use and elimination.

Research is even more clear than earlier in Dr. Peat’s career about good thyroid function being important for conception, pregnancy, birth, and child development.
Thyroid disorders in pregnancy and postpartum

OP
A

Anu

i saw someone calm that ondancestron anti serotonin helped with antibodies anti serotonin I tried it and got no where with nausea. Red light reduces no which reduces serotonin. Im sure going to bed with sun down would help too going to bed then 9-10 and just time. These things take time. I would be pro active I would scared of the possible damage the disease could cause. Again though I don't have clinic experience with it. Friend told me she know of a guy that had hashimotos now that surprises:p: me.
Thanks girl.. Which brand of anti seratonin did you use? Also what is red light? How can I expose myself to red light

biggirlkisss

you can use 130 volt incandescent bulbs 250-300 watt can get at local hardware stores. 130 volt a bit better more orange to deep red less blue regular would be ok too. You can get chicken lamps make sure it support 250 or 300 watt bulbs not leds incandescent. In terms of anti serotonin drugs because of side effects food and light is safer. I have heard mixed things about Tianeptine I have not tried it so I won't directly recommend it.

Serotonin Reuptake ENHANCER as Anti-Depressant – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

OP
A

Anu

I am so excited to share this with you all. My tsh dropped from 4.55 to 2.5 in just 2 weeks. T3 , T4 are also in optimal range. I did this without taking hormones or medication , by simply following proper nutrition, being pufa free as much as possible and supplements. Thank you all for your valuable inputs

OP
A

Anu

I ate home cooked food 3 times a day. limited gluten( did not completely eliminate) and never ate anything processed or sugar. I used coconut oil for cooking. My diet consisted of lots of cooked and spiced veggies(indian style), rice , turmeric, avocados, organic orange juice, eggs, butter. I took b12, b1, Adk , selenium supplements. I ate all the nightshade veggies too. Lots of broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes , spinach. I do not eat meat. I am writing a detailed blog on this, will share it here once ready.

Douglas Ek

I ate home cooked food 3 times a day. limited gluten( did not completely eliminate) and never ate anything processed or sugar. I used coconut oil for cooking. My diet consisted of lots of cooked and spiced veggies(indian style), rice , turmeric, avocados, organic orange juice, eggs, butter. I took b12, b1, Adk , selenium supplements. I ate all the nightshade veggies too. Lots of broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes , spinach. I do not eat meat. I am writing a detailed blog on this, will share it here once ready.

Curious how you are doing? My sister is same age as you and same scenario want to get pregnant. But shes been diagnosed with hashimotos. Shes taking levothyroxine and her tsh is about 8 but was a lot higher before.

OP
A

Anu

Curious how you are doing? My sister is same age as you and same scenario want to get pregnant. But shes been diagnosed with hashimotos. Shes taking levothyroxine and her tsh is about 8 but was a lot higher before.

I am doing much better. I am currently on probiotics supplements for healthy gut, turmeric pills and omega 3 to fight off inflammation.. Occasionally drink organic orange juice with pinch of salt. my tsh is consistently 2.5. I didn’t go back to the Pufa oils- strictly use organic coconut oil, avocado oil unless I am eating out.

I never took levothyroxine as im not a big fan of synthetic drugs. They can make your body rely on them for life. Your sister can try Ashwagandha. It’s an indian herb available in powder form brings your body back to balance and helps heal and prepare for pregnancy, also great for thyroid issues

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals