How to trigger fat storing?

Peater503

Not sure if true, but I read somewhere on here that smoking marijuana triggers fat storage in the body by activating the CB1 receptor.

If this is true, besides smoking weed, do you guys know of any other ways to make the body activate this mechanism? Asking because I'm looking for a short-term remedy to make my body hold on to more fat, which it really does not like doing for some reason (looking into that right now).

BobbyJackson

Isn't it good that your body is not holding onto much fat? Sounds like you could build a lot of muscle and be lean.

Ben.

Isn't it good that your body is not holding onto much fat? Sounds like you could build a lot of muscle and be lean.

Not necessarily. i've been underweight most of my life and even more so after getting chronicly ill. For the past years i coudn't raise my weight (not realy build muscle either). Many underweight people also struggle with gaining muscles.

Not sure if true, but I read somewhere on here that smoking marijuana triggers fat storage in the body by activating the CB1 receptor.

If this is true, besides smoking weed, do you guys know of any other ways to make the body activate this mechanism? Asking because I'm looking for a short-term remedy to make my body hold on to more fat, which it really does not like doing for some reason (looking into that right now).

I woudn't recommend it for your short term attempt but i want to mention after a short period of high dosage lugols (iodine) i gained 5-8kgs (and seems like im staying there). My body, hands and feet are rarely chronicly cold anymore either and i've built more cold resistance as im noticing this autumn/winter. Other areas are working alot better since then too. Still got a long way to go but having improvements as noticeable like these are quite interesting. (note: i took generous amounts of selenium in the hopes of not messing up the thyroid). I was stuck between 65-68kg at 180cm height for years now. Even during my "healthy" workout times 8 years ago i barely managed to reach 80kg with religious excercise and eating. Now im at 76-77kg without even changing my food habits. Granted i have some lovehandles/belly to a small degree now but it brought life quality with it.

So the issue might be either coming from a infection (eg endotoxins, mycotoxins etc.) or from a hormonal issue i guess? In my opinion a healthy person should be able to both gain weight and loose it if he/she wanted to by adjusting lifestyle and food.

OP
P

Peater503

cyproheptadine aka periactin in France. You'll gain weight for sure
Ooooooo it's even available without prescription, I will be trying this ASAP, thank you!! Will update progress here as well

OP
P

Peater503

Not necessarily. i've been underweight most of my life and even more so after getting chronicly ill. For the past years i coudn't raise my weight (not realy build muscle either). Many underweight people also struggle with gaining muscles.

I woudn't recommend it for your short term attempt but i want to mention after a short period of high dosage lugols (iodine) i gained 5-8kgs (and seems like im staying there). My body, hands and feet are rarely chronicly cold anymore either and i've built more cold resistance as im noticing this autumn/winter. Other areas are working alot better since then too. Still got a long way to go but having improvements as noticeable like these are quite interesting. (note: i took generous amounts of selenium in the hopes of not messing up the thyroid). I was stuck between 65-68kg at 180cm height for years now. Even during my "healthy" workout times 8 years ago i barely managed to reach 80kg with religious excercise and eating. Now im at 76-77kg without even changing my food habits. Granted i have some lovehandles/belly to a small degree now but it brought life quality with it.

So the issue might be either coming from a infection (eg endotoxins, mycotoxins etc.) or from a hormonal issue i guess? In my opinion a healthy person should be able to both gain weight and loose it if he/she wanted to by adjusting lifestyle and food.
Sir, are you my long lost brother? lol. You basically just summarized my life story. Constant cold hands/feet, stuck between 60-65kg at 186cm for years as well, workout regularly and intensely but literally almost 0 progress.

People constantly envy it for me, that I can eat anything and stay slim; but they just don't understand how much it can destroy your confidence/mental as a young guy trying to put on some size, especially if you try and fail for years and years on end. I wouldn't wish this demoralizing experience on even my worst enemy.

I am hypothesizing that my thyroid or stress hormones are somehow connected to it, and getting blood tests to look into this asap. That's why I'm hesitant to try iodine before I know the exact condition of my thyroid. But I swear to God, if there's one thing I know it's that I will overcome this, come hell or high water.

OP
P

Peater503

cyproheptadine aka periactin in France. You'll gain weight for sure
Progress has been great so far, now able to maintain my weight for the first time in years.

I'm taking 4mg 5 times a day right now, each spaced about 90 minutes.

Is there maybe a more effective way to do the dosing? Or up the dose to 6 or 7 daily?

Usually people who cannot gain weight are deficient in thyroid. Occasionally hyper but usually hypo.

OP
P

Peater503

Usually people who cannot gain weight are deficient in thyroid. Occasionally hyper but usually hypo.
I used to think I was hyper, but then found that my TSH is above 2, and as we all know, according to normal guidelines, that value is "normal" and so my doctor won't prescribe me any treatment...just prescribed me a free T4 and T3 test, but I guess those ranges are way too wide too, so no idea how I'm gonna get a prescription for thyroid. All the doctors I tried say the same thing.. (edit: actually, maybe I should try with an endocrinologist)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals