Undergrad in Chicago: New to Peat

Noodlz

Hi,

I'm an undergrad going to school in Chicago.

Stats:
Gender - Male
Age - 20
Height - 5-9
Weight - 135

Background:

Up until I turned 18, I always thought I was a robust and healthy person. I've been heavily involved in athletics and have been lean and muscular all my life . While I might have seemed normal on the outside, I think my body was breaking down on the inside. The summer after graduating high school, something triggered a physical breakdown. While traveling overseas, I contracted a stomach illness that left me sick with a fever for a couple days. I didn't think much of it. I'd experienced worse and fully recovered. Over the next few months, I noticed a decline in well-being. I started having stomach and sleep problems, and my body seemed to be taking forever to recover from physical activity. In the winter of that year, while having fun with some friends (smoking a little bit of weed) I ate a huge amount of brownies one night and ended up extremely bloated. I felt like crap and couldn't fall asleep. While trying to fall asleep, I experienced intense anxiety. I got up from my bed to try and get some water and immediately blacked out. I came to a few seconds later, writhing on the floor. I think I had a seizure. Needless to say, it scared the ***t out of me. I realized that something was seriously wrong with my health. Over the next few weeks, I dropped 15 pounds (which was really scary given that I was already borderline underweight) and developed tinnitus. I grew a bit depressed and anxious. At the same time, I resolved to fix myself. That was two years ago. Since then, I have tried various stress reduction techniques and diets to feel better. I started with SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet), then moved on to the PHD (Perfect Health Diet) and have recently been implementing suggestions from Dave Asprey and his Bulletproof lifestyle. These protocols have worked well. I've regained all of the lost weight, feel stronger and more active than I have in a long time, and feel aware and motivated enough to do well in school. I now have no depression whatsoever, and have pretty much no anxiety. I've replaced those feelings with a determination to fix myself.I came across Ray Peat about a week ago. I decided to try adding fruits and sugars back into my diet. They had been largely missing from my diet (except for binging episodes) for the last year or so. I also added in large amounts of dairy (couple cups of milk and a pint of ice cream every night lol). I feel good. My body and mind feels more relaxed. My body looks more naturally healthy, with a nice looking layer of fat. Ray's ideas are novel to me. They make sense though, and feel right in my gut (both literally and figuratively). I want to see what my body can do when its at its best.

Sorry for the long block of text. Thanks for this forum you guys have put together. I'm excited to delve in.

answersfound

I would check out Danny Roddy's Organizing the Panic. it's expensive, but searching around and finding answers on these forums will drive you nuts. he delivers everything clearly and he offers coaching as well.

i am in no way affiliated with the program. i just think its the best way to start

OP
N

Noodlz

Does Organizing the Panic primarily deal with hair loss, or does Danny provide a general outline of a Peat based diet/lifestyle with additional stuff?

tara

:welcome Noodlz

I read one of Danny's free books, and a few of his articles. Some of his articles are specifically about hairloss. But his general descriptions about metabolism and recommendations for diet are generally applicable to improving metabolism. I found it helpful as a simplified summary. Reading/listening to Peat is worth it too. And take a look at the sticky threads in the Diet subforum.

answersfound

Noodlz said:
Does Organizing the Panic primarily deal with hair loss, or does Danny provide a general outline of a Peat based diet/lifestyle with additional stuff?

Danny provides a general outline of a Peat based diet/lifestyle with additional stuff. He chooses to target those with hair loss, but the principles apply to anyone who wants to improve their health. If you are not losing your hair, your metabolic rate is functioning properly. The approach is one in the same.

It's a great balance between "Why is this happening?" and "What do I need to do to fix it?" I've been aware of Peat's principles for 3 years now, and my advice to anyone is to skip the headache that is these forums and get a good with framework with Danny's easy delivery. The hair like a fox book wasn't great to be honest. It's not detailed and doesn't provide you with diagnostics and ways to measure your progress. He tells you how much of each supplement you need and what labs to get done with Organizing the Panic.

I know I sound like I'm trying to sell you on Danny Roddy's program, but that is because it made this process a lot simpler for me. And he will analyze your labs and provide coaching.

OP
N

Noodlz

Noodlz wrote:

Danny provides a general outline of a Peat based diet/lifestyle with additional stuff. He chooses to target those with hair loss, but the principles apply to anyone who wants to improve their health. If you are not losing your hair, your metabolic rate is functioning properly. The approach is one in the same.

It's a great balance between "Why is this happening?" and "What do I need to do to fix it?" I've been aware of Peat's principles for 3 years now, and my advice to anyone is to skip the headache that is these forums and get a good with framework with Danny's easy delivery. The hair like a fox book wasn't great to be honest. It's not detailed and doesn't provide you with diagnostics and ways to measure your progress. He tells you how much of each supplement you need and what labs to get done with Organizing the Panic.

I know I sound like I'm trying to sell you on Danny Roddy's program, but that is because it made this process a lot simpler for me. And he will analyze your labs and provide coaching.

Makes a lot of sense. Would you recommend getting the one to one coaching package? Is it easy to proceed with the normal package, or do you think Danny's help is necessary?

answersfound

Noodlz said:
Noodlz wrote:

Makes a lot of sense. Would you recommend getting the one to one coaching package? Is it easy to proceed with the normal package, or do you think Danny's help is necessary?

It's definitely not necessary. I think it depends on the state of your health and how adept you are at self experimentation. Everything is very straight forward and he pretty much covers most of the roadblocks you may run into. He gives you the exact supplements and foods, meal samples, etc. I would start out with just the videos and then I'm sure you can add the coaching after if you feel you need it. For $67 it's almost like stealing given the amount of money people spend on healthcare and other ailments in this country. This is the holy grail and the only protocol you will ever need. It's the fastest way to get from A to B. He offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I encourage everyone to buy it if they are struggling to see the big picture. The problem is people come on these forums and there is a lot of conflicting experiences. Everyone wants to treat symptoms and you end up more confused as you continue to dig for a solution. I am guilty of it myself. For example, people jump to using pregnenolone and only create more problems for themselves despite reading how harmless it is. Danny doesn't even take pregnenolone. Nor does Ray. Danny gives you the framework and makes it very simple. I'd give it a shot

OP
N

Noodlz

It's definitely not necessary. I think it depends on the state of your health and how adept you are at self experimentation. Everything is very straight forward and he pretty much covers most of the roadblocks you may run into. He gives you the exact supplements and foods, meal samples, etc. I would start out with just the videos and then I'm sure you can add the coaching after if you feel you need it. For $67 it's almost like stealing given the amount of money people spend on healthcare and other ailments in this country. This is the holy grail and the only protocol you will ever need. It's the fastest way to get from A to B. He offers a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. I encourage everyone to buy it if they are struggling to see the big picture. The problem is people come on these forums and there is a lot of conflicting experiences. Everyone wants to treat symptoms and you end up more confused as you continue to dig for a solution. I am guilty of it myself. For example, people jump to using pregnenolone and only create more problems for themselves despite reading how harmless it is. Danny doesn't even take pregnenolone. Nor does Ray. Danny gives you the framework and makes it very simple. I'd give it a shot

Thanks. I'll go for it. I'll report back in about a month on how it goes.

answersfound

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals