How To Support Endogenous Production Of B Vitamins?

Steed

Endogenous vitamin B? Am I reading this correctly, if I do, the rule to become a vitamin in the first place is for the body to not produce it.

Focus on maximizing food intake safely and supplement if needed.

reality

Dr Stasha Gominak talks about the idea we need vitamin D for our microbiome which produces b vitamins

Sunrise

Dr Stasha Gominak talks about the idea we need vitamin D for our microbiome which produces b vitamins
I am on this track as well...what have you experimented about gominak proposal...with which outcome

golder

Interesting angle, are they a bigger fan of UVA/UVB from sun exposure or supplemental D3? Thanks!

TheSir

So who is going to be the first one to try a vitamin D enema? Wait, someone did:

So after 2 days of adding ~ 12,500 IU of Vitamin D to my nightly sfRowasa enemas it seems to significantly reduce the pain and makes my morning BM much more satisfying. Also, I am waking up with more energy and feeling overall less depressed, stressed out and anxiety. This seems to confirm my hypothesis that rectally administered Vitamin D activates Vitamin D receptors on the colonic epithelial cells, reducing inflammation.
Vitamin D suppositories/enemas

Interesting..

DANIEL

A healthy gut.

Differences in folate production by bifidobacteria of different origins

Bifidobacteria are known to produce folate, a vital nutrient for humans. Previous studies have suggested that the ability to produce folate is strain dependent, but further adequate evaluation is needed. In this study, a total of 44 strains, including 12 species and 7 subspecies, of bifidobacteria were investigated for the production of folate during cultivation in medium containing essential levels of folate for growth of the tested strains. An in vitro assay showed that all strains of human-residential bifidobacteria (HRB) were able to produce folate, whereas most strains of non-HRB were not, with the exception of the B. thermophilum and B. longum ssp. suis strains. The differences in the in vivo production of folate by HRB and non-HRB were confirmed using mono-associated mice. The fecal folate concentrations, blood levels of hemoglobin and mean corpuscular volumes were significantly higher in the mice colonized with a folate producer, B. longum subsp. longum, compared with mice colonized with a nonproducer, B. animalis subsp. lactis. Our results confirmed the differences in folate production between HRB and non-HRB strains and suggested the benefit of HRB to hosts from the perspective of potential folate delivery.

Quantification of folic acid in human feces after administration of Bifidobacterium probiotic strains

Folic acid, or vitamin B9, is involved in appropriate regulation of DNA replication, synthesis of purines and deoxythymidine (dTMP), conversion of homocysteine to methionine, histidine catabolism, and correct differentiation of the neural tube during fetal organogenesis. Folic acid from food sources is almost completely absorbed in the small intestine, mostly in the jejunum, and does not reach the large intestine. The administration of probiotic strains able to synthesize folates de novo and release them in the extracellular space may provide an additional, constant endogenous source of this important vitamin in the intestinal lumen of humans.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Very interesting! Would it work also for other B vitamins? Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, etc?

StrongMom

Gominak’s work doesn’t go beyond hypothesizing as far as I see. It might be the case but it might alternatively an absorption problem and/or vitamin d chaning the needs or absorption. She mostly talks about vitamin B5. I would like to understand this too but couldn’t find much research on it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals