Combining other b vitamins with niacinamide

Darkmortal

Hello there, I’ve decided to make a hair topical like solban cause I cannot (and will not) be able to put my hand on it due to shipping difficulties here in egypt and pure niacinamide is so expensive here, so i found some supplement containing niacinamide as one of it’s active ingred., i attached the supplement below with all of what’s in the pill. First of all I’d like to know what is this supplement used for, it says for liver health but I don’t know for sure, i know that the other b vitamins are safe but there are some i clearly don’t know (like phospholipids and pyridoxine) so if it’s safe and a good source of nicotinamide, will it be okay if i consume it orally ? If so then how often? If i crush the cap and apply it topically with some aspirin and coffee to make a solban-like topical will i get the niacinamide benefits out of it? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1CC1CE9C-9FA1-4057-BB51-CC1A7F387499.jpeg
    1CC1CE9C-9FA1-4057-BB51-CC1A7F387499.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 30
Hello there, I’ve decided to make a hair topical like solban cause I cannot (and will not) be able to put my hand on it due to shipping difficulties here in egypt and pure niacinamide is so expensive here, so i found some supplement containing niacinamide as one of it’s active ingred., i attached the supplement below with all of what’s in the pill. First of all I’d like to know what is this supplement used for, it says for liver health but I don’t know for sure, i know that the other b vitamins are safe but there are some i clearly don’t know (like phospholipids and pyridoxine) so if it’s safe and a good source of nicotinamide, will it be okay if i consume it orally ? If so then how often? If i crush the cap and apply it topically with some aspirin and coffee to make a solban-like topical will i get the niacinamide benefits out of it? Thanks.
Maybe try nettles instead. Look through my thread, linked below, before jumping into something unknown.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Looks fine to me, especially when used topically.

OP
D

Darkmortal

Maybe try nettles instead. Look through my thread, linked below, before jumping into something unknown.

Why not give it a try when i've tried lots of time wasting ideas, you say it worked for graying but does it really work for hair loss ? if so, should i use it orally or as a topical rinse (for hair loss)? for how long should i see any significant results ? lastly, if this happens to work wouldn't it be a minoxidil-like prevention method (i assume articles say it's a safe DHT blocker)and should be used permanently as a prevention ? or otherwise? Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Why not give it a try when i've tried lots of time wasting ideas, you say it worked for graying but does it really work for hair loss ? if so, should i use it orally or as a topical rinse (for hair loss)? for how long should i see any significant results ? lastly, if this happens to work wouldn't it be a minoxidil-like prevention method (i assume articles say it's a safe DHT blocker)and should be used permanently as a prevention ? or otherwise? Thanks for the reply.
Take it orally. I can’t speak about anything else. Read up on it, it is good for hair growth too. Hans thinks your topical looks good so try them both.

OP
D

Darkmortal

Sounds good!
Actually I'm somewhat confused, the whole of ray's literature says it's not a great idea to lower DHT and it's not the cause of MPB, and nettle is of course one of the strongest herbs to lower DHT, so i'm having a second thought about consuming Nettle orally or even topically, my brother told me that he had negative sides (regarding prostate) from it, although he was consuming tons of it, about 3 mugs a day, but even if in lower doses it will lower DHT slowly, I'd like to know what does Danny and Georgi think about it, im on a ray-ish diet so if i'm eating pro DHT how come i take supps to lower it, it doesn't make sense to me till now, still don't know. would be good if u figure it out for me.

Actually I'm somewhat confused, the whole of ray's literature says it's not a great idea to lower DHT and it's not the cause of MPB, and nettle is of course one of the strongest herbs to lower DHT, so i'm having a second thought about consuming Nettle orally or even topically, my brother told me that he had negative sides (regarding prostate) from it, although he was consuming tons of it, about 3 mugs a day, but even if in lower doses it will lower DHT slowly, I'd like to know what does Danny and Georgi think about it, im on a ray-ish diet so if i'm eating pro DHT how come i take supps to lower it, it doesn't make sense to me till now, still don't know. would be good if u figure it out for me.
I took nettle leaf daily for about three years, for histamine intolerance, and it was a life saver, and got rid of most of my gray in the process. I only take it a couple times a week now for the the vitamin k and it’s other well known benefits. People eat it as a salad so I don’t see it as a strong medicinal herb that should be used more cautiously. With that being said, I am less than a year away from 60 and do not have even one health issue, so it has only been beneficial for me.

“In fact, nettle is one of the oldest recorded remedies used for treating and preventing hair loss. This is primarily due to the high amount of sulphur and silica in nettle, which improve hair health by strengthening the hair shaft. Regularly using nettle shampoo can promote hair re-growth and reduce hair loss.”

OP
D

Darkmortal

“In fact, nettle is one of the oldest recorded remedies used for treating and preventing hair loss. This is primarily due to the high amount of sulphur and silica in nettle, which improve hair health by strengthening the hair shaft. Regularly using nettle shampoo can promote hair re-growth and reduce hair loss.”

I can’t deny it’s amazing benefits but I’m talking more about it’s sides, I don’t wanna regrow my hair at the expense of my general well being otherwise i would’ve hopped on finasteride the past 2 years, maybe cause you’re a female you didn’t experience any on the side effects, maybe I’ll try spraying it topically so less of it gets absorbed systemically, i think thats it for now plus the b complex application.

I can’t deny it’s amazing benefits but I’m talking more about it’s sides, I don’t wanna regrow my hair at the expense of my general well being otherwise i would’ve hopped on finasteride the past 2 years, maybe cause you’re a female you didn’t experience any on the side effects, maybe I’ll try spraying it topically so less of it gets absorbed systemically, i think thats it for now plus the b complex application.
Whatever you think is best for you. I am not keen on supplements so I applaud your cautiousness.

Yes. Nettle may be good for something. But lower DHT it is not a great idea. And DHT is a protective hormone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals