How To Stop Overthinking And "analysis Paralysis"

faxmulder

Hi guys,

I’m a “control freak”, with a tendency to over-analyze and plan everything, trying to foresee every possible scenario and control all the details. This can be quite exhausting to be honest. That goes without saying that I have a strong perfectionist attitude.

Is there any supplement that could help me?

Thanks a lot!

thomas00

It's Ray's general approach. Jzeno wrote a summary of what it, which I think is good:

Guide To Ray Peat: Simple, User-friendly Guide To Applying Lessons Learned From The Research Of RP

If you post more of what your diet is like and your symptoms (all of them, including any bodily symptoms you have) then people will be able to give you some suggestions as to what changes/introductions may help. Have you taken your pulse and a temperature reading? That can be useful to know.

Fundamentally, your symptoms might be metabolic problems expressing themselves but there can be other reasons for them too.

Do you drink a lot of caffeine?

There many strong arguments for coffee consumption, but I've found since cutting out coffee and other caffeine sources that I've been much calmer and less prone to overthink matters. My anxiety has gone, I don't get earworm any more, and the constant dialogue in my head has gone.

This isn't to say coffee isn't a beneficial substance, but if you're not in the right shape to handle it, it can make things difficult.

J

jb116

Hi guys,

I’m a “control freak”, with a tendency to over-analyze and plan everything, trying to foresee every possible scenario and control all the details. This can be quite exhausting to be honest. That goes without saying that I have a strong perfectionist attitude.

Is there any supplement that could help me?

Thanks a lot!
You could try increasing more protein, specifically including more eggs too. This will help focus increase of creatine synthesis and choline which could be low in people with OCD-like symptoms.

Ecto

Read the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. It helped me tremendously with this exact issue.

Hugh Johnson

Any non-dual teachings will help. Im not a fan of Tolle, but he is one of them. I prefer Rupert Spira and Unmani. The concept of reducing importance from reality transurfing might also be useful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals