Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Increase T4?

Discussion in 'Thyroid and Hormones' started by Nick Borcic, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Nick Borcic

Nick Borcic Member

Hey everyone

I noticed when I took a few blood tests that my tsh was around 2.5 2.6 (high I know!) and thyroid hormones were borderline low but within range (therefore no treatment)

How do I actually increase the thyroid hormones themselves? Just selenium/iodine? Sugar helps with the t4 to t3 conversion.

I am taking preg/dhea/tyronene to lower my stress hormones so now my metabolism is being exposed and I feel so tired. I feel content and a lot less stressed but I have no energy despite a diet high in natural sugars, protein around 150/g (weight train 2-3 times) and fats are moderate high in sat fat.

I have a feeling the lack of thyroid hormones is what really is hurting my sleep and why I cant seem to ever feel refreshed after sleeping

2. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Selenium, Iodine, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium (for TSH), B12, D3, Tyrosine (resembles Thyroid hormone skeleton).

3. TeaRex14

TeaRex14 Member

Actually thyroid supplementation always made me sleep worse until I started supporting my adrenals with extra vitamin C and salt. I've been working on a theory that the adrenals need extra support when supplementing with exogenous thyroid. Maybe not for everyone, but it definitely helped me. B vitamins, vitamin C, and salt are crucial for proper adrenal health. Iodine, tyrosine, and glucose are some of the major players in creating T4. But several, several things can go wrong between the point where T4 is created, and to the point where T3 is getting into the cell. Selenium is needed for the conversion of T4 into T3, vitamins A&D are needed for T3 to actually enter the cell. Also vitamin E and copper play crucial roles in preventing lipid peroxidation of PUFAs, which is important if you want to keep your thyroid transport proteins from being suppressed.

4. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Lactobacillus Reuteri. Mega dose. Wipe your gut out with Berberine and then re populate with high dose Reuteri.

5. miki14

miki14 Member

Just take T4. If you're male T4 works well in a lot of cases. Measure your temps & pulse in the morning, if you're under 36.8°C (< 70bpm) try 50mcg of T4. Anti histamins give the best sleep, cypro or ketotifen are both great.

6. Broken man

Broken man Member

MCT is better with L. reuteri.