How to dissolve sugar in milk

vibnad1991

Can someone tell me how to dissolve sugar evenly in milk and what ratios they use.

If i pour the sugar into the milk and then leave it in the milk, will it dissolve evenly?

Ami

"Simple syrup" can be made by heating sugar and water in a saucepan. I use 2 parts sugar to 1 part water.

OP
V

vibnad1991

Ok guys. So i made the sugar milk and there were some issues.
So i mixed :
500 ml cold whole milk with 40 grams of caster sugar.
Then i left it in the fridge for 7 hours.
When i drank it , the top half of the milk was not very sweet but the bottom half was very nice and sweet. Plus there were a few sugar particles at the bottom which i had to add water to afterwards to get out.

Any suggestions how i can get the sugar to dissolve evenly, because the lower half of the milk was delicious.

OP
V

vibnad1991

I should add that i did not stir the milk. I just assumed if if was left in there long enough it would dissolve on its own.

mariantos

Can someone tell me how to dissolve sugar evenly in milk and what ratios they use.

If i pour the sugar into the milk and then leave it in the milk, will it dissolve evenly?

You are doing the wrong thing, you have to pour the milk into the sugar and not the other way around, but seriously, why not just stir the composition?

Brundle

Just shake the bottle immediately before you want to drink it, same as with fruit juice.

bogbody

highly recommend buying an electric milk frother. they cost like $8 and are great for dissolving stuff into liquid. i use it to froth my milk for coffee but also for stirring anything or dissolving powders into liquid etc.

Apple

-You can buy Condensed milk , most water is removed, contains lots of dissolved sugar.
-Ice cream
-Milk shake

Sweet Meat

just boil the milk and pour sugar into the glass before you drink it

i think drinking cold milk is fairly bad for digestion. milk is difficult to digest even in fresh natural form, but refrigerating it only makes it more energy intensive.... not to mention colder liquids inherently prevent dissolution of molecules such as sugar

OP
V

vibnad1991

Thanks guys for all the responses. I just stirred the mixture for 1 minute and it dissolved evenly

Thanks guys for all the responses. I just stirred the mixture for 1 minute and it dissolved evenly

Another trick is to put your sugar into a Bullet blender and blend it into a fine powdered sugar. It dissolves right away that way.

mrchibbs

Add the sugar at the bottom of the glass, pour a little boiling water over it, stir with a spoon. Then add the milk.

Gerard1989

How much sugar would you add to say a litre of milk? Ive tried 1/4 cup which is about 50 grams and found it to be too much for my taste buds to handle after a few days.

lilsticky

i think putting sugar in boiling hot water is how you end up toothless like rp

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals