Russian Egg Yolk Coffee

Epistrophy

Hey Everyone!

My mother handed me down this recipe her father used to make every morning in Russia. It tastes great and give you a good boost.

1 egg yolk
6 ounces coffee
8 ounces milk
Sugar to your preference

1. Take the egg yolk and whipped it with the sugar
2. Pour hot coffee over egg and sugar mixture. Stir till dissolved.
3. Add milk
4. Enjoy

Hope you enjoy :)

Last edited:

schultz

I've never done this with coffee, but sometimes do something similar with just milk, sugar, gelatin and vanilla. I will try it with the coffee!

LuMonty

I just tried this and it's definitely a keeper. I went only with the 8 oz hot milk because I use instant coffee. Seems to work despite the volume difference. The drink is very rich and I don't feel the usual crappy rush I get otherwise.

tanya48

When I was little and whenever I was sick, my Russian grandmother would give me a mixture of egg yolks and sugar. She said it's to boost the immune system. I remember that it gave me energy. These days I sometimes add cream and coffee to the mix, and sub a bit of wild honey for the sugar. It's quite yummy.

Maljam

When I was little and whenever I was sick, my Russian grandmother would give me a mixture of egg yolks and sugar. She said it's to boost the immune system. I remember that it gave me energy. These days I sometimes add cream and coffee to the mix, and sub a bit of wild honey for the sugar. It's quite yummy.

Out of interest did she have any other health advice you can remember?

tanya48

Out of interest did she have any other health advice you can remember?

Well, she cured herself of kidney stone issues by going on a watermelon fast for two weeks. Dissolved the stones and passed them in urine. She didn't believe in doctors, lol. Instead, I remember she had an old "folk medicine" book from Russia that she always consulted. I also remember that she saved our dog's life by feeding it lots of bananas. We were living in Brazil at that time and got them fresh off the tree. I don't remember what the dog was sick with, however. We also had an avocado tree and ate them daily. For meat we went to the bazaar and got fresh filet mignon. Raw milk was left on our doorstep every morning. Basically, I guess we ate the Weston Price Old Traditions diet.

Maljam

Well, she cured herself of kidney stone issues by going on a watermelon fast for two weeks. Dissolved the stones and passed them in urine. She didn't believe in doctors, lol. Instead, I remember she had an old "folk medicine" book from Russia that she always consulted. I also remember that she saved our dog's life by feeding it lots of bananas. We were living in Brazil at that time and got them fresh off the tree. I don't remember what the dog was sick with, however. We also had an avocado tree and ate them daily. For meat we went to the bazaar and got fresh filet mignon. Raw milk was left on our doorstep every morning. Basically, I guess we ate the Weston Price Old Traditions diet.

Guessing not but you don't happen to know the name of that book do you?

The older generation seem to have a knowledge about health that seems to be forgotten these days, it is interesting.

mrchibbs

The older generation seem to have a knowledge about health that seems to be forgotten these days, it is interesting.

You have no idea how much that resonates with me, and how I absolutely agree with you!

tanya48

Unfortunately, it disappeared after she had passed. It was all in the Russian language. I really wish I would have kept it, but I was not at all interested in healing and nutrition when I was young.

tanya48

You have no idea how much that resonates with me, and how I absolutely agree with you!

Yes, I agree. Before industrialization, food was locally grown, toxin and pesticide free, fresh and in season. This alone would make people much more healthy than what we're dealing with these days.

mrchibbs

Yes, I agree. Before industrialization, food was locally grown, toxin and pesticide free, fresh and in season. This alone would make people much more healthy than what we're dealing with these days.

Absolutely. There was a report by the Blue Shield Blue Cross last year which finally showed unequivocally that Millenials (and it's probably even way worse for Gen-Z) are several times sicker than their Boomer and Gen X parents. Decline starts at 20 or earlier and severe health woes and chronic disease come as early as 27 for people of this generation.

The generations of people born from 1870-1940 were more robust, with greater metabolic rates and none of the chronic disease epidemic we see today. The lack of radiation, toxins, and other environmental influences played a big role.

The food was simpler, and cleaner, and more nutritious as well. From articles written in the 40s, it seemed that young adults would mature and get stronger and healthier throughout their 20s and 30s instead of collapsing right out of the teenage years.

Of course many of them died in war, or living absolutely brutish lives, but in general, it's not uncommon to find people born in the 30s and 40s with greater health than 20 year olds, ridden with depression, intestinal problems and other nightmarish symptoms.

tanya48

Yup, it's been downhill, I'm afraid. Thanks in large part to greed....as in corporate greed. Also, living in large cities is not as healthy as living in rural areas where you can have some control over food production.

Today i had a drink made of hot milk, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp honey and one raw egg. tastes really good and satisfying. I think this is popular in russia and considered as „energy drink“. Similar to the jewish „Kogel-Mogel“

OP
Epistrophy

Epistrophy

Today i had a drink made of hot milk, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp honey and one raw egg. tastes really good and satisfying. I think this is popular in russia and considered as „energy drink“. Similar to the jewish „Kogel-Mogel“

Good find on the Kogel Mogel I would def add some milk to it. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals