Learning To Like Coffee

PecosRiver

I'm new to Peating, and I'm having trouble with some of the dietary recommendations. I've been a lacto-vegetarian for years: plain milk gives me indigestion (I can eat cheese & yogurt), I used to be very sensitive to sugar (consuming a couple of high sugar cookies would keep me awake at night and I'd be depressed the next day), and I've always thought coffee tasted like burned rubber!

So please, suggestions for how to move in the Peat direction with coffee? Yes I realize that my sugar sensitivity is probably due to hypo-thyroid - I'm Idealabs T3'ing to help this.

What about coconut milk + coconut sugar in my coffee? Any other suggestions - like coffee brand, etc?

Waynish

Peat is more about eating what you crave than forcing "peat products" down that you don't crave...

theLaw

You need to take some time and do some research using this forum to get a grip on the basic concepts before moving forward.

This should get you started:

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki - read through this first to get a good overview of Peat's dietary philosophy

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals