High Parathormone, Low Vitamin D But High Calcium?

Lucas

Hello.

My son, 13 years old, have this results on his blood test:

Parathormone: 44,9 pg/ml Ref: 15 – 65

Ionized Calcium: 1,36 mmol/L Ref: 1,16 – 1,32

Vitamin D: 30,8 ng/ml Ref: > 20

He doesn’t take vitamin D3 supplements and don’t eats dairy.

Why this result?

If I do to him vitamin D3 to lower his Parathormone his calcium will increase even more?

Maybe he has a magnesium deficiency?

What should I do to reduce his serum calcium?

I don’t think that a 13 years old boy can have a parathormone tumor.

Thank you!!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello.

My son, 13 years old, have this results on his blood test:

Parathormone: 44,9 pg/ml Ref: 15 – 65

Ionized Calcium: 1,36 mmol/L Ref: 1,16 – 1,32

Vitamin D: 30,8 ng/ml Ref: > 20

He doesn’t take vitamin D3 supplements and don’t eats dairy.

Why this result?

If I do to him vitamin D3 to lower his Parathormone his calcium will increase even more?

Maybe he has a magnesium deficiency?

What should I do to reduce his serum calcium?

I don’t think that a 13 years old boy can have a parathormone tumor.

Thank you!!

His PTH is not high. It is probably higher than optimal but if there was a tumor in the parathyroid then usually PTH is much higher. I am not a doctor so you should consult with one, but I would check his prolactin, cortisol and androgens. Elevated prolactin/estrogen can also cause high calcium while keeping the other values in range. It could also be due to him not eating dairy. High serum calcium is common in dietary calcium restriction.

OP
L

Lucas

Calcium Paradox so, calcium deficiency expresses in high calcium on blood.

I eat dairy and my ionized calcium is low in the range.

Amazoniac

Calcium Paradox so, calcium deficiency expresses in high calcium on blood.

I eat dairy and my ionized calcium is low in the range.
Yes, but I suppose it's his choice not to consume dairy, right? If this is the case, it's worth respecting it; he can obtain it elsewhere (emu, 2018).

You can search for: "low calcium diet/intake" hyperparatyphoidism/paratyphoid hyperplasia.
And out of curiosity for: parathyroid rice.

OP
L

Lucas

He his autistic so have a very restrictive diet. He has milk allergy, if he drink’s milk he gets flu symptoms.

Amazoniac

He his autistic so have a very restrictive diet. He has milk allergy, if he drink’s milk he gets flu symptoms.
- Evidence of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism: Biochemical Links, Genetic-Based Associations, and Non-Energy-Related Mechanisms

"In a retrospective review of the medical records from 25 children with autism, 76% had elevated blood lactate, 53% had increase pyruvate levels, 20% demonstrated an increase lactate: pyruvate ratio in fibroblasts, and 42% displayed abnormal urine organic acid analysis [17]."​

Has he ever tried Raj's orange juice with sodium bicarbonate? Why not set up a burping competition between you?

tallglass13

Dr Ray Peat did state that PTH does shock the bones into growth, and being 13 years old, maybe that is what is happening. However, adding Raw milk, cottage cheese to his diet will be a nice healthy decision.

tallglass13

most likely the added synthetic Vitamin A and D in commercial milk. Using Raw milk and Raw cheese would be better most likely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals