Hershey's Busts Out The Natural Chocolate Syrup

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes I make everything from scratch. No, I actually don't, but simple things like that I like to so I can avoid getting things that have questionable sources/ingredients. However, I didn't harvest the sugar cane that I am using. I apologize for sounding like a hypocrite, and I suppose my first post sounded moralistic. I honestly don't care if you make your own chocolate syrup but I did want to offer up that it is easy enough if you are concerned about the fillers. I do find myself making a lot more things and just buying a lot of raw ingredients instead of premade stuff because almost everything from the grocery store with more than one ingredient has PUFA, corn, starches, and all the gums, carageenans, etc. I've even made a soda with the corn syrup recipe I gave and san pellegrino and essential oil although I'm not sure essential oil is the safest. I also use the syrup to sweeten my own homemade lattes that I make on my espresso machine. I'm so freakin cool.
Well I have never made chocolate syrup and because of your post I will be making it for the first time. So I thank you for that. :hattip

yeggim

I'm a Nestle's Quick guy. Two parts brown sugar to one part cocoa powder and a bit of salt. Only down side is mix-ability. Same as the store-bought. I just heat a little milk in the microwave, mix the quick and add cold milk. Makes the mix a little warmer than I like so I keep a glass quart bottle filled with my favorite chocky milk in the fridge.

L

lollipop

I'm so freakin cool.
Right on! You are. I, like you, make everything from scratch. At first it felt overwhelming to do so, then, little by little, I took over making thing - baby steps - then another then another. Now it is so easy, due to good organization, and feels like no brainer to make everything. My health is WAY better because of it. Honestly, if I were to make one recommendation to improve health, this would it: make it ALL yourself.

alywest

Right on! You are. I, like you, make everything from scratch. At first it felt overwhelming to do so, then, little by little, I took over making thing - baby steps - then another then another. Now it is so easy, due to good organization, and feels like no brainer to make everything. My health is WAY better because of it. Honestly, if I were to make one recommendation to improve health, this would it: make it ALL yourself.

Nice! Glad there are fellow DIY-ers here on the forum. If you're on Pinterest I'd love to see your page! Unfortunately most of my Pinterest stuff is from before I found Peat so a lot of it needs to just be scrapped.

denise

Nice! Glad there are fellow DIY-ers here on the forum. If you're on Pinterest I'd love to see your page! Unfortunately most of my Pinterest stuff is from before I found Peat so a lot of it needs to just be scrapped.
I think I still have a Whole 30 board... :eek:

Also, here's a recipe for if you want to make 2 cups of chocolate syrup at a time!

Last edited:

alywest

Also, here's a recipe for if you want to make 2 cups of chocolate syrup at a time!

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
I think my Pinterest page is a collection of all the mistakes I have made in the past. While going through all my old recipes and relegating the Peat-y ones to a new page and getting rid of the rest, I came across a couple of fun drinks:

"Perfect Hot Chocolate"
Perfect Hot Chocolate Recipe on Food52

"Vanilla Egg Cream" (sounds so delightful but doesn't actually have egg in it)
Vanilla Egg Cream Recipe on Food52

"Butterbeer" (Yay! Has an apple cider base but I think would be super fun for the holidays)
Butterbeer Recipe on Food52

L

lollipop

Sprinkle 2 1/2 t powdered gelatin over 1/3 C heavy cream, 1 C milk, 2/3 cup sugar and 2 pinches of salt in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Add six egg yolks, little by little, the mixture and cook until thickened. Add gelatin blend and whisk to incorporate. Pour over 1 lb. of 70% cacao dark chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Transfer to a small pan; chill to set. Never leave your house again except to buy more ingredients.

PS...for those interested, I wrote it up more recipe like and made one correction with the gelatin:

Chocolate Pâté

Chocolate pâté (as printed in Playboy once upon a time):

Ingredients

*2 1/2 teaspoon powdered grassfed gelatin

*1/3 cup organic grassfed heavy cream

*1 cup organic grassfed milk

*2/3 cup organic cane sugar

*2 pinches Sea Salt

*6 egg pastured organic yolks

*1 pound 70% dark chocolate broken into pieces

Directions

1-Bring to a simmer heavy cream, milk, cane sugar.

2-Add six egg yolks, little by little, and cook until thickened.

3-Add gelatin and whisk to incorporate. Be careful not to overheat.

4-Pour mixture over 1 lb. of 70% cacao dark chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl.

5-Whisk to combine.

6-Transfer to a small pan; chill to set.

7-Never leave your house again except to buy more ingredients - lol.

L

lollipop

@denise OH MY...I made it this afternoon. I cut recipe in half EXCEPT the Sea Salt and the Vanilla - which I almost doubled from the orginal recipe.

Crazy out of control good - tastes like Hershey’s AND better actually. Yummmmy...

@alywest try this one. No need for any additives. I would upload a photo but still cooling in the saucepan. Once in Jar, I will photo. Sooooooo easy took like 10 min or less. The difficulty is waiting for it to cool ugh :-/ lol.

alywest

PS...for those interested, I wrote it up more recipe like and made one correction with the gelatin:

Chocolate Pâté

Chocolate pâté (as printed in Playboy once upon a time):

Ingredients

*2 1/2 teaspoon powdered grassfed gelatin

*1/3 cup organic grassfed heavy cream

*1 cup organic grassfed milk

*2/3 cup organic cane sugar

*2 pinches Sea Salt

*6 egg pastured organic yolks

*1 pound 70% dark chocolate broken into pieces

Directions

1-Bring to a simmer heavy cream, milk, cane sugar.

2-Add six egg yolks, little by little, and cook until thickened.

3-Add gelatin and whisk to incorporate. Be careful not to overheat.

4-Pour mixture over 1 lb. of 70% cacao dark chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl.

5-Whisk to combine.

6-Transfer to a small pan; chill to set.

7-Never leave your house again except to buy more ingredients - lol.
That sounds like heaven in paste form...:happy:

alywest

@denise OH MY...I made it this afternoon. I cut recipe in half EXCEPT the Sea Salt and the Vanilla - which I almost doubled from the orginal recipe.

Crazy out of control good - tastes like Hershey’s AND better actually. Yummmmy...

@alywest try this one. No need for any additives. I would upload a photo but still cooling in the saucepan. Once in Jar, I will photo. Sooooooo easy took like 10 min or less. The difficulty is waiting for it to cool ugh :-/ lol.

Perfect! Will do, it sounds like the perfect thing for my kids, too!

L

lollipop

Perfect! Will do, it sounds like the perfect thing for my kids, too!
Here is a photo:

570BCDB8-1BC0-4FD2-BEAF-866B4329DC81.jpeg

denise

I've made that before, and it's awesome!

Nice! A lot of the reviewers thought it was too sweet. Did you use the full amount of sugar, and how did you find the level of sweetness?

L

lollipop

I've made that before, and it's awesome!

Nice! A lot of the reviewers thought it was too sweet. Did you use the full amount of sugar, and how did you find the level of sweetness?
I halved the recipe because of quantity. No I did not find it too sweet. Perfect actually. Used 2 tsp in morning coffee as a mocha and was simply delicious.

D

Deleted member 5487

This tastes fine, even good.

It allows me to drink a lot more milk and greatly reduced cravings for other foods.

meatbag

just fyi for everyone when I bought this it came in a two pack. The first one tasted great, the second bottle tasted like plastic and made me feel ill :meh:

meatbag

"Her taste for starches and sweet pastry is probably because she isn’t able to store glycogen efficiently, with stress hormones causing her to metabolize glucose quickly and wastefully. In hypothyroidism, chronically high free fatty acids interfere with the production of energy needed to stop the stress that keeps the fatty acids high. The starches are probably contributing to inflammation and the production of serotonin. Small doses of an antibiotic such as tetracycline or erythromycin can sometimes lower intestinal serotonin production, but it’s best to find an antiseptic food that can be used daily—well cooked mushrooms and bamboo sprouts are alternatives to raw carrot. Finding alternative foods for the starches might be possible—cakes can be made with powdered milk instead of flour, with eggs; salty meats (puffed pork rinds, or bacon fried in coconut oil, for example, can be used to make finely shredded carrots tasty); chewy gelatin with various flavors; and things like cream-puffs or yorkshire pudding, that minimize the use of flour, might help to lower her serotonin. I don’t think anesthesia should be combined with cyproheptadine, but I think dentists are too aggressive in treating deciduous teeth; the important thing is to improve her digestion and hormones as her permanent teeth are developing. The so-called temporary fillings, made of zinc oxide and eugenol, are very easy to put in, and are antiseptic and mildly anesthetic topically. (I had them in wisdom teeth, and they lasted for years.) X-rays, anesthesia, and drilling into invisible cavities have their place in especially problematic adult teeth, but seem inappropriate for teeth that will soon be gone."

"Finding alternative foods for the starches might be possible—cakes can be made with powdered milk instead of flour, with eggs"

@lisaferraro @alywest @raypeatclips

How would one make a cake using powdered milk rather than flour? It is a mystery to me :cow:

L

lollipop

"Finding alternative foods for the starches might be possible—cakes can be made with powdered milk instead of flour, with eggs"

@lisaferraro @alywest @raypeatclips

How would one make a cake using powdered milk rather than flour? It is a mystery to me :cow:
Hey @meatbag - not milk powder BUT cocoa powder. I make my own brownies and eat one in the morning with coffee. It is just like a cake. SUPER EASY. Here is the recipe:

1) 0.5 cup sugar

2) 0.5 cup cocoa powder

3) 2 eggs

4) 1 tb butter

5) pinch of salt

6) 1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:

*Mix sugar and butter, salt in a saucepan over low until butter melts.

*Place in mixing bowl and let cool for one min. Add in vanilla while cooling.

*Put cocoa powder in a clean bowl. Add in sugar and butter.

*Mix in beaten eggs until batter has a pancake consistency: smooth and creamy.

*Pour in greased baking pan. I use Le Creuset ceramic dish and I use butter to grease pan.

*Bake at 350 for 22 mins.

*Remove and let sit out and cool for 15 min before removing from pan.

Hints
*Do not refrigerate and CAUTION it is super easy to eat the whole pan in one go. Exercise restraint. LOLOL.
*heat sugar and butter only enough to barely melt and blend together with spoon or fork.
*I put a pinch of sea salt in with butter and sugar, adds in another taste layer.
* I grease the baking dish with butter - grease it a lot to be truthful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals