Has LLLT Made Any Difference To My Hair? Pics

ro.

Hi,

I honestly cant tell if my hair has gotten better, stayed the same or gotten worse.

Pic with grey jumper is when i started LLLT, the other 2 pics are after 7.5 months.

Opinions?

Thanks

Attachments

• RP1.jpg
    RP1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 316
  • RP2.jpg
    RP2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 342
  • RP3.jpg
    RP3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

ddjd

its not got worse ! hard to tell if its improved, looks better on the shorter one

Tarmander

can't tell much of a difference. Maybe a bit closer of a pic with better light?

Dhair

Hi,

I honestly cant tell if my hair has gotten better, stayed the same or gotten worse.

Pic with grey jumper is when i started LLLT, the other 2 pics are after 7.5 months.

Opinions?

Thanks
What kind of device do you have? How many diodes?
Edit: You clearly have not lost more hair, so be grateful for that. Speaking as someone who went from a NW 0 to a NW 4 in a two year period, your hair is fine. No one really cares about slightly receding hairline. Keep in mind that a lot of people have hairlines like yours when they're young and then they never lose hair for decades. Don't worry so much.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Cant see much difference. What is your treatment regimen? Too much lllt is worse than too little. Im curious what is the output of your light, its wavelength, and treatment time.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Are you sure it's not just your natural hairline? Look at Oded Fehr. My hairline changed as I got older due to skull growth. I know because I have a scar on my temple that has migrated from where it originally was.

OP
R

ro.

What kind of device do you have? How many diodes?
Edit: You clearly have not lost more hair, so be grateful for that. Speaking as someone who went from a NW 0 to a NW 4 in a two year period, your hair is fine. No one really cares about slightly receding hairline. Keep in mind that a lot of people have hairlines like yours when they're young and then they never lose hair for decades. Don't worry so much.

Hairmax Laser 7

Thanks

OP
R

ro.

Cant see much difference. What is your treatment regimen? Too much lllt is worse than too little. Im curious what is the output of your light, its wavelength, and treatment time.

Used the Hairmax Laser 7 as specified, 3x a week with 15 mins for the whole head

Dhair

Used the Hairmax Laser 7 as specified, 3x a week with 15 mins for the whole head
I'm not surprised that you haven't seen results.
Those devices are basically useless. You need an actual laser helmet with at least 250+ quality diodes if you're serious about regrowing hair. Laser combs are a scam.
Visit overmachogrande.com and email John. I haven't purchased one of his helmets yet, but I can tell you that the only people on this forum who have regrown hair are the ones who have used his helmets.

OP
R

ro.

Are you sure it's not just your natural hairline? Look at Oded Fehr. My hairline changed as I got older due to skull growth. I know because I have a scar on my temple that has migrated from where it originally was.

Yep deffo not my natural hairline. I've had hairloss consultants confirm it's receding. You can actually see the little tuft of miniaturizing hairs on the latter pics too. plus the only reason i realised i was receding is because of the disparity between the right side and the left side of my hair. they used to be equal however the right side is a lot thinner than the left side now. Pics shows left side of hair on the day of starting LLLT. Contrast this with the right side.

Attachments

• RP4.jpg
    RP4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 59
  • RP1.jpg
    RP1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 54

ivy

I'm not surprised that you haven't seen results.
Those devices are basically useless. You need an actual laser helmet with at least 250+ quality diodes if you're serious about regrowing hair. Laser combs are a scam.
Visit overmachogrande.com and email John. I haven't purchased one of his helmets yet, but I can tell you that the only people on this forum who have regrown hair are the ones who have used his helmets.

@Dhair, who are you referring to? Are there any posted before and after pics and testimonials? Thanks.

sladerunner69

I can tell your recesion has reversed a bit. In the first picture, looking at the temples you can see the very front/pointy part of your temples is fading and becoming sparse. Not in your second pic, it tooks completely filled in. Also around the top of the forehead you can see a verys mall amount of recession before, and you cant see that in the after.

CoolTweetPete

I completely stopped using my helmet about 3 months ago and have made much better progress with topical treatments and ensuring I am getting enough sunlight.

I think LLLT did help when I lived in Chicago a couple years ago when I first bought it. I was working night shift and especially during the winter it was nearly impossible to get enough sun. The sun deprivation can definitely cause a negative affect on your hair, but I since moved back to California and am no longer working at night. It seems to be redundant with the amount of sun I get.

If you work in an office all day and wind up missing the daylight hours or if you live somewhere with limited sun, it may still be a worthwhile investment. It's possible I'll dust mine off when San Francisco's faux summer starts to wane.

Last edited:

ivy

I completely stopped using my helmet about 3 months ago and have made much better progress with topical treatments and ensuring I am getting enough sunlight.

I think LLLT did help when I lived in Chicago a couple years ago when I first bought it. I was working night shift and especially during the winter it was nearly impossible to get enough sun. The sun deprivation can definitely cause a negative affect on your hair, but I since moved back to California and am no longer working at night. It seems to be redundant with the amount of sun I get.

If you work in an office all day and wind up missing the daylight hours or if you live somewhere with limited sun, it may still be a worthwhile investment. It's possible I'll dust mine off when San Francisco's faux summer starts to wane.

@CoolTweetPete, thanks for the honest input. Could you please clarify what you mean by much better progress?

I'm asking because I live in a sunny country, that side of things is absolutely covered. But when it comes to topical treatments, I've not yet found a single example of supplementation/ointment/etc. that is sufficiently convincing. Am I reading the wrong threads?

CoolTweetPete

@CoolTweetPete, thanks for the honest input. Could you please clarify what you mean by much better progress?

I'm asking because I live in a sunny country, that side of things is absolutely covered. But when it comes to topical treatments, I've not yet found a single example of supplementation/ointment/etc. that is sufficiently convincing. Am I reading the wrong threads?

I'm not sure which topical is proving most effective. It's a tricky thing measuring progress unless you want to be very meticulous about it. In lieu of that my "progress" is purely subjective and based on how my hair looks to me in comparison to how it looked 2 years and 4 months ago when I discovered Dr. Peat's work, and subsequently LLLT through Danny Roddy.

Since then I have tried nearly everything under the sun with differing degrees of subjective "progress". With that said, the most recent additions to my topical arsenal seem to be the ones making the biggest difference, but it could be an accumulation of the treatments I've been exploring for the past 2+ years finally reaching a tipping point. It is hard to tell.

My most recent additions were,

1) DeFibron applied topically every other day
2) Magnesium oil I blended with coconut oil, retinyl acetate, and taurine applied immediately after shampooing

I think my hair quality also began to decline when I stopped doing scalp massages, so I've been much more consistent with that. This period of progress has been far more productive than any during my usage of LLLT.

I must say that aside from these more obvious factors, I quit my desk job and began in a profession I'm more interested in. I spend my days speaking to people, who are much more social and entertaining than the people I used to spend my days with. I feel less stressed as a result, and I sleep much better. I am also on my feet all day, and walk nearly 10 miles every day as a result. This could certainly be contributing.

ivy

I'm not sure which topical is proving most effective. It's a tricky thing measuring progress unless you want to be very meticulous about it. In lieu of that my "progress" is purely subjective and based on how my hair looks to me in comparison to how it looked 2 years and 4 months ago when I discovered Dr. Peat's work, and subsequently LLLT through Danny Roddy.

Since then I have tried nearly everything under the sun with differing degrees of subjective "progress". With that said, the most recent additions to my topical arsenal seem to be the ones making the biggest difference, but it could be an accumulation of the treatments I've been exploring for the past 2+ years finally reaching a tipping point. It is hard to tell.

My most recent additions were,

1) DeFibron applied topically every other day
2) Magnesium oil I blended with coconut oil, retinyl acetate, and taurine applied immediately after shampooing

I think my hair quality also began to decline when I stopped doing scalp massages, so I've been much more consistent with that. This period of progress has been far more productive than any during my usage of LLLT.

I must say that aside from these more obvious factors, I quit my desk job and began in a profession I'm more interested in. I spend my days speaking to people, who are much more social and entertaining than the people I used to spend my days with. I feel less stressed as a result, and I sleep much better. I am also on my feet all day, and walk nearly 10 miles every day as a result. This could certainly be contributing.

@CoolTweetPete, thanks for your thorough response. And congratulations on such a lifestyle change! Again, I would have to say I'm probably already covering those areas. I cycle and/or walk every day, I do handstands... Stress is the one thing I can't quite control, it takes very little to make me feel pressed upon.

I wonder if alternating Solban and Defibron would bring good results. I do hate the prospect of applying oils to an already oily scalp. Any impressions on Solban, applied alone or combined with something else?

CoolTweetPete

@CoolTweetPete, thanks for your thorough response. And congratulations on such a lifestyle change! Again, I would have to say I'm probably already covering those areas. I cycle and/or walk every day, I do handstands... Stress is the one thing I can't quite control, it takes very little to make me feel pressed upon.

I wonder if alternating Solban and Defibron would bring good results. I do hate the prospect of applying oils to an already oily scalp. Any impressions on Solban, applied alone or combined with something else?

I've found the formula in Solban synergizes well with a good dose of sunlight ironically enough. The gentleman OMG, who makes the more sophisticated helmets recommends an almost identical formulation before using the helmet and I don't think he is familiar with Peat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals