Goat’s Milk Intake Prevents Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed A High-Fat Diet

Jennifer

Ah, ok. I am cutting out starches again to try to get weight loss moving again.. they're just so east to include especially rice, sourdough bread, etc. But my weight just will not budge even with being more active and trying to reduce calories. A milk diet is tempting because of simplicity but I know I'd be bored by the end of the first day 😆

LOL As much as I love milk, I diet solely of it is boring, for sure.

coffeelover

LOL As much as I love milk, I diet solely of it is boring, for sure.
Yah. Much easier to include greek yogurt and cottage cheese and fruit and eggs
... I just bought Mt.Capra whole goat protein to add to smoothies as well. Hearing so much positive about goats milk!!

Jennifer

... I just bought Mt.Capra whole goat protein to add to smoothies as well. Hearing so much positive about goats milk!!

Nice! I lived on Mt. Capra’s powdered goat’s milk the first year I added dairy back into my diet. I later discovered that certified A2/A2 cow’s milk from breeds who produce naturally homogenized milk like goats digested just as well for me and tasted way better. Whenever I heated goat’s milk for hot cocoa, it always developed a muskiness that I wasn’t thrilled with.

coffeelover

Nice! I lived on Mt. Capra’s powdered goat’s milk the first year I added dairy back into my diet. I later discovered that certified A2/A2 cow’s milk from breeds who produce naturally homogenized milk like goats digested just as well for me and tasted way better. Whenever I heated goat’s milk for hot cocoa, it always developed a muskiness that I wasn’t thrilled with.
Nice. The dairy famer I work/trade for does A2 milk exclusively. I don't think I have a dairy problem but then again I'm not sure what is causing my intensely itchy and radhy hands. Still trying to figure that out.

Dr. B

So it had to be naturally homogenized for it to digest well, so jersey cow milk didnt digest well for you?

Greek yogurt in my opinion is very tough to include. Its extremely filling and tastes very sour. When i used to eat it, it would take like 30 minutes or even an hour of eating a bowl worth of just 30 grams of protein from it. Whereas milk or meat or whey protein was much easier.

Cottage cheese was easier with the daisy brand, it tastes good and salty and you could easily eat it plain without needing to add any sugar or fruits.

And i am not sure why but ive never digested eggs well. I havent bothered to try quail or duck eggs. I can seem to tolerate the yolks fine and caj eat foods with yolks or eggs mixed in. I can seemingly tolerate an egg a day fairly easily. But if i try to eat more than a single egg a day i get effects like constipation, and also my face even gets puffy and i get red irritated skin, basically sunburned type skin, on parts of my face and neck. So im not sure why but thats what happens with too much eggs. They also cause fatigue noticeably, which is maybe just a side effect of the constipation. When I tried 50 grams of protein from those costco liquid egg whites, i did cook those in a pan, and those caused even more issues. Extreme fatigue and constipation and stomach bloating! I think they were even organic too. It’s something in the egg protein. Its the only food im not able to properly digest, even gluten or corn or soy protein bars or pufa or anything else is digestible.

Jennifer

Nice. The dairy famer I work/trade for does A2 milk exclusively. I don't think I have a dairy problem but then again I'm not sure what is causing my intensely itchy and radhy hands. Still trying to figure that out.

Oh, okay. Do you notice the itchiness and rash are worse even hours after eating? It took me so long to figure out what foods were causing my allergic reaction because symptoms were delayed (until the allergy became severe) and the foods I’m allergic to weren’t tested when I was given the skin prick test.

So it had to be naturally homogenized for it to digest well, so jersey cow milk didnt digest well for you?

Yes, back when I had gallbladder disease, the smaller fat globules found in naturally homogenized milk digested the best for me whereas, the larger fat globules like those found in Jersey milk triggered gallbladder attacks and caused white colored stools.

David PS

The goat or domestic goat (Capra hircus) is a domesticated species of goat-antelope typically kept as livestock. It naturally contains higher amounts of the medium chain fatty acids C6, C8 and C10 than cows milk.

1688132483789.png

Compositional and therapeutic signatures of goat milk

David PS

I am still working with peatbot.com

DISCLAIMER: You are not talking to a human. You are talking with a robot. The robot is frequently wrong on even basic medical issues. By using this website you realize and take full responsibility for your actions. Nothing here is intended as medical advice. If you sue me for any reason, you accept an unremovable curse upon yourself and your bloodline.

User: Is goat milk healthy

PeatBot: According to the context provided, there is some discussion about the nutritional value of goat milk. One person mentions that goat milk protein is smaller and more easily digestible compared to cow's milk protein. Another person shares an anecdote about a neighbor who found relief from malaria attacks by drinking goat milk. However, it is important to note that the composition of goat milk can vary depending on what the goats are eating. Additionally, the context does not provide a comprehensive analysis of the health benefits or drawbacks of goat milk. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or conduct further research for a more comprehensive understanding of the health effects of goat milk.

Dr. B

Oh, okay. Do you notice the itchiness and rash are worse even hours after eating? It took me so long to figure out what foods were causing my allergic reaction because symptoms were delayed (until the allergy became severe) and the foods I’m allergic to weren’t tested when I was given the skin prick test.

Yes, back when I had gallbladder disease, the smaller fat globules found in naturally homogenized milk digested the best for me whereas, the larger fat globules like those found in Jersey milk triggered gallbladder attacks and caused white colored stools.
Which foods were you allergic to, which werent on the skin prick test?
I tested positive only for birch tree allergies on the prick test i believe. I think there are certain foods or supplements that are related to birch tree? Maybe aspirin or i dont know what else. Does everyone have the birch tree allergy? Or is it childhood vaccines causing that

Jennifer

Which foods were you allergic to, which werent on the skin prick test?
I tested positive only for birch tree allergies on the prick test i believe. I think there are certain foods or supplements that are related to birch tree? Maybe aspirin or i dont know what else. Does everyone have the birch tree allergy? Or is it childhood vaccines causing that

I’m allergic to all but a handful of fruits, herbs and veggies that I’ve tried. The only plants that were tested were coconut, peas and soy. From my understanding, yes, there are certain plants and supplements related to a birch tree pollen allergy. The foods that cross-react with it include:
  • Almond
  • Apple
  • Apricot
  • Carrot
  • Celery
  • Cherry
  • Hazelnut
  • Kiwi
  • Parsley
  • Peach
  • Peanut
  • Pear
  • Plum
  • Soybean
Do you experience allergy symptoms with any of the above plants such as:
  • Skin rashes, itching or hives
  • Swelling of the lips, tongue or throat
  • Shortness of breath, trouble breathing or wheezing
  • Dizziness and/or fainting
  • Stomach pain, bloating, vomiting or diarrhea
  • Heart palpitations/rapid heartbeat
  • Anxiety
No, not everyone has a birch tree allergy. I didn’t have any allergies prior to veganism.

Spartan300

Because cows milk has always been a problem for me I've been using only goat's milk for a couple of weeks.
At first all seemed OK and I was able to comfortably consume around 1 litre per day but my ability to digest it appears to be diminishing.
The same amount a couple of weeks in is giving me stinky wind.
Any advice gratefully received as I'd like to be able to keep on the goat's milk for the additional protein and calcium. Plus I was hoping to see the improved body composition the studies show.

Jennifer

@Spartan300, do you think it’s the lactose causing the gas? Do you experience gas with cheese? If so, maybe try taking a lactase enzyme with the goat’s milk?

Peatress

I've been drinking goat's milk for 5 years. My ability to digest it has improved somewhat in that time. However, I still get a bit of bloating which seems to have worsened of late. The problem with lactase enzymes is that they come with fillers. I haven't been able to find pure lactase powder. I'm seriously considering quitting milk. My body composition has worsened which I will not blame on milk as there are a lot of variable in the past 3 years. I do like milk and it's convenient but..........

Jennifer

I've been drinking goat's milk for 5 years. My ability to digest it has improved somewhat in that time. However, I still get a bit of bloating which seems to have worsened of late. The problem with lactase enzymes is that they come with fillers. I haven't been able to find pure lactase powder. I'm seriously considering quitting milk. My body composition has worsened which I will not blame on milk as there are a lot of variable in the past 3 years. I do like milk and it's convenient but..........

This one is free of fillers:

Amazon product ASIN B07YX7C4WMView: https://www.amazon.com/Milkaid-Intolerance-Supplement-Vegetarian-Artificial/dp/B07YX7C4WM/ref=zg_bs_g_3773521_sccl_7/133-2026714-5911222?psc=1

Spartan300

Hi Jennifer, I'm not sure it's lactose as I still have problems when I drink lactose free cows milk which made me think it was an A1 problem which goat's milk would fix.

Weirdly I seem to digest raw cows milk ok but I gain weight on it.
I'm wondering if there's something that gets lost in the pasteurisation process that causes the problem

Dutchie

I don't know where you live so if it's available to you, but I used to get lactase drops which are also free of fillers.
I had to add a certain amount of drops to the bottle of milk and leave it for 24hours so it could break down the lactose.
The brand is called Intoleran.

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Peatress. :)

@Spartan300, I digest raw milk better than pasteurized milk, but slim down with dairy in general so your experience with cow’s milk causing weight gain is interesting. Setting aside the claims that raw dairy contains lactase producing bacteria to break down lactose, I’m not sure why someone who digests lactose fine would tolerate raw milk more than pasteurized.

Dr. B

I’m allergic to all but a handful of fruits, herbs and veggies that I’ve tried. The only plants that were tested were coconut, peas and soy. From my understanding, yes, there are certain plants and supplements related to a birch tree pollen allergy. The foods that cross-react with it include:
  • Almond
  • Apple
  • Apricot
  • Carrot
  • Celery
  • Cherry
  • Hazelnut
  • Kiwi
  • Parsley
  • Peach
  • Peanut
  • Pear
  • Plum
  • Soybean
Do you experience allergy symptoms with any of the above plants such as:
  • Skin rashes, itching or hives
  • Swelling of the lips, tongue or throat
  • Shortness of breath, trouble breathing or wheezing
  • Dizziness and/or fainting
  • Stomach pain, bloating, vomiting or diarrhea
  • Heart palpitations/rapid heartbeat
  • Anxiety
No, not everyone has a birch tree allergy. I didn’t have any allergies prior to veganism.
Good to know. Thats strange. So the allergy test for birc tree is specifically to its pollen not to for example the leaves or bark…? Does everyone have a pollen allergy or what causes that?

I have not had issues with any of those things besides possibly celery. Celery i think if i eat too much I get some skin irritation and redness? Howeber i dont think its an allergy? On reddit or elsewhere there was a thread discussing how celery supposedly has photo sensitizing effects so it makes you super sensitive to sunlight? Like someone who worked in the produce department often handling celery would become super sensitive to sunlight on their hands an the skin was red. I had the same thing just a reddish rash or sunburn that would develop from sunlight if i ate celery. Also iodine supplements caused a similar effect of extra sensitivity to sunlight.

With lactase enzyme supplements werent the concerns related to the sourcing itself? I heard the enzymes are sourced from problematic sources… and can you just put those drops in your mouth while drinking milk or they have to be mixed into the milk first…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals