Goat’s Milk Intake Prevents Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed A High-Fat Diet

Jennifer

Huh, interesting. I find the Guernsey milk tastes just as good as the Jersey milk, but it’s probably due to diet and farming practices. The farms here that I get my milk from have the same farming practices—100% grass-fed, biodynamic etc. They all pretty much taste identical. I used to get milk from a farm in the next state over that has been breeding Jerseys for over a century and they feed their cows pasture and corn they grow on their land, and I found that the milk would develop a weird flavor by the end of the week.

Some things that I think make Zebus special:

“Miniature Zebu are productive and will reproduce well into their twenties. In addition to hardiness; conformation and athleticism play a large factor in this. They are very angular cattle and are at their core all about moderation, balance and proportion relative to size. Zebu are moderate in frame size and bone structure which also carries into their body capacity. This allows zebu to continue to be mobile for foraging purposes well into their later years in life. The moderation of frame size allows their structure and joint to withstand the rigors of life and travel much farther in the drive for forage. Part of the angularity of the zebu is also the natural slope to the rump which allows for ease of calving which also allows them to be as productive into the latter years of their life as the first years.

The mammary system of a zebu has also evolved for hardiness. While they are not productive enough for modern dairy standards, they have been documented to produce upwards of a gallon per day while still nursing a calf. Zebu have close well attached mammary systems with well attached distinct quarters. Zebu cows are not prone to mastitis, due to a very well attached udder and tight ducts which do not allow the introduction of bacteria into the mammary system. The milk of Miniature Zebu cattle is outstanding, with a butterfat content of up to five percent, and with a smaller fat globule size from that of other dairy breeds, making the milk easily digestible. Much like goats. This milk is considered to have medicinal properties and there has been some research claiming that the milk from such cattle helps lower the risk of many chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, autism, allergies, schizophrenia, SIDS, and cardiac disease. The Miniature Zebu breed carries the A2 beta casein gene variant which has been linked to a lower incidence in these as well.”

In case you’re interested, these sites have a lot of good info on Zebus:

This is a Milking Devon:

Last edited:

Dr. B

Huh, interesting. I find the Guernsey milk tastes just as good as the Jersey milk, but it’s probably due to diet and farming practices. The farms here that I get my milk from have the same farming practices—100% grass-fed, biodynamic etc. They all pretty much taste identical. I used to get milk from a farm in the next state over that has been breeding Jerseys for over a century and they feed their cows pasture and corn they grow on their land, and I found that the milk would develop a weird flavor by the end of the week.

Some things that I think make Zebus special:

“Miniature Zebu are productive and will reproduce well into their twenties. In addition to hardiness; conformation and athleticism play a large factor in this. They are very angular cattle and are at their core all about moderation, balance and proportion relative to size. Zebu are moderate in frame size and bone structure which also carries into their body capacity. This allows zebu to continue to be mobile for foraging purposes well into their later years in life. The moderation of frame size allows their structure and joint to withstand the rigors of life and travel much farther in the drive for forage. Part of the angularity of the zebu is also the natural slope to the rump which allows for ease of calving which also allows them to be as productive into the latter years of their life as the first years.

The mammary system of a zebu has also evolved for hardiness. While they are not productive enough for modern dairy standards, they have been documented to produce upwards of a gallon per day while still nursing a calf. Zebu have close well attached mammary systems with well attached distinct quarters. Zebu cows are not prone to mastitis, due to a very well attached udder and tight ducts which do not allow the introduction of bacteria into the mammary system. The milk of Miniature Zebu cattle is outstanding, with a butterfat content of up to five percent, and with a smaller fat globule size from that of other dairy breeds, making the milk easily digestible. Much like goats. This milk is considered to have medicinal properties and there has been some research claiming that the milk from such cattle helps lower the risk of many chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma, autism, allergies, schizophrenia, SIDS, and cardiac disease. The Miniature Zebu breed carries the A2 beta casein gene variant which has been linked to a lower incidence in these as well.”

In case you’re interested, these sites have a lot of good info on Zebus:

This is a Milking Devon:

what about regular zebu milk? have you tried regular zebu milk?
the guernseys were grass fed, it has an odd taste to me, whereas jersey or even holstein is easy to drink a lot of
zebus appear to be so clean you can drink the milk directly from the teat!

Last edited:

Jennifer

what about regular zebu milk? have you tried regular zebu milk?
the guernseys were grass fed, it has an odd taste to me, whereas jersey or even holstein is easy to drink a lot of

Nope, I’ve never had regular Zebu milk.

Have you had Guernsey milk from more than one farm and they all tasted odd to you? I’m just wondering if certain herbs/weeds mixed within the pasture (or something in their choice minerals if they were given any) caused that odd flavor, similar to the Jersey milk from that one farm. It happened with the raw goat’s milk I get, too. It’s the best tasting goat’s milk I’ve ever had—even better than most of the raw cow’s milk I’ve tried—but for a month, it tasted heavy of fish. I notified the farm just in case one of the does was sick and they were unaware and after some investigating, they discovered that the source of the fishy flavor was the kelp in the goats’ choice minerals. Apparently, they had been without the minerals for a while and were loading up on it. I was adding cold brewed coffee to my milk at the time so for a month, it was like drinking coffee tuna. :yuck:

Dr. B

Have you had Guernsey milk from more than one farm and they all tasted odd to you? I’m just wondering if certain herbs/weeds mixed within the pasture (or something in their choice minerals if they were given any) caused that odd flavor, similar to the Jersey milk from that one farm. It happened with the raw goat’s milk I get, too. It’s the best tasting goat’s milk I’ve ever had—even better than most of the raw cow’s milk I’ve tried—but for a month, it tasted heavy of fish. I notified the farm just in case one of the does was sick and they were unaware and after some investigating, they discovered that the source of the fishy flavor was the kelp in the goats’ choice minerals. Apparently, they had been without the minerals for a while and were loading up on it. I was adding cold brewed coffee to my milk at the time so for a month, it was like drinking coffee tuna. :yuck:
the taste i guess is not odd but just bearable.
i have had raw guernsey milk supposedly 100% grass fed, i think theyre given spring tonics of raw onion or something in spring time... but i had it before and after those were added
the pasteurized milk isnt 100% grass fed they annoyingly have an excuse of how 100% grass fed isnt natural because cows would eat other things on pasture like grains,
anyway that one actually tastes better, so i dont know if its the pasteurization or the not being 100% grass fed making it taste better
the milk is bearable, but i would prefer others, ive found jersey and jersey holstein mix tastes best, and dutch belt and holstein to be better than guernsey
if youre interested dutch meadows farms actually ships dutch belt milk everywhere
its pretty rare, i think only 1800 in the world or something
american devon is also rare, i wonder how rare
do you know anyplace online selling/shipping devon milk or zebu, or other milks like ayrshire?
id also like to try horse milk, yaks milk and deer milk
the raw goats milk i had tasted better than the meyenberg store brand, but i still wouldnt say it tasted as good as jersey milk or holstein mix milk, the goats i think are nubian or lamancha or something

Dr. B

why do you want mini zebu milk why not regular zebu

Jennifer

the taste i guess is not odd but just bearable.
i have had raw guernsey milk supposedly 100% grass fed, i think theyre given spring tonics of raw onion or something in spring time... but i had it before and after those were added
the pasteurized milk isnt 100% grass fed they annoyingly have an excuse of how 100% grass fed isnt natural because cows would eat other things on pasture like grains,
anyway that one actually tastes better, so i dont know if its the pasteurization or the not being 100% grass fed making it taste better
the milk is bearable, but i would prefer others, ive found jersey and jersey holstein mix tastes best, and dutch belt and holstein to be better than guernsey
if youre interested dutch meadows farms actually ships dutch belt milk everywhere
its pretty rare, i think only 1800 in the world or something
american devon is also rare, i wonder how rare
do you know anyplace online selling/shipping devon milk or zebu, or other milks like ayrshire?
id also like to try horse milk, yaks milk and deer milk
the raw goats milk i had tasted better than the meyenberg store brand, but i still wouldnt say it tasted as good as jersey milk or holstein mix milk, the goats i think are nubian or lamancha or something

Onion? Eww. That’s too bad about the Guernsey milk. I wish I could send you some of the Guernsey milk from here to try, but I suppose it wouldn’t be all that novel since it tastes the same as the Jersey milk here.

Thank you for mentioning Dutch Meadows. There’s actually a farm about an hour from my house that sells Dutch Belted milk. New England is loaded with dairy farms. The major breeds are Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey and Milking Shorthorn. I think there’s 1200–1500 registered Milking Devons. There’s a farm here that sells milk from Randall Linebacks that I’d like to try. They’re listed as critically rare. I don’t know of any farms that ship Devon and Zebu milk, no. Have you checked realmilk.com?

I couldn’t get the Meyenberg milk down, it’s so musky. Nubians are a nice breed and really cute with their floppy ears. I think they produce milk with a high butterfat content? The goat’s milk I get comes from Golden Guernseys. The only difference between the goat’s milk and the Jersey/Devon and Guernsey cow’s milk I get is the goat’s milk isn’t quite as sweet as the other two—they’re so sweet they taste like sugared milk. The only reason I said minis over standard Zebus is I know of farms around here that have minis.

Dr. B

Onion? Eww. That’s too bad about the Guernsey milk. I wish I could send you some of the Guernsey milk from here to try, but I suppose it wouldn’t be all that novel since it tastes the same as the Jersey milk here.

Thank you for mentioning Dutch Meadows. There’s actually a farm about an hour from my house that sells Dutch Belted milk. New England is loaded with dairy farms. The major breeds are Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey and Milking Shorthorn. I think there’s 1200–1500 registered Milking Devons. There’s a farm here that sells milk from Randall Linebacks that I’d like to try. They’re listed as critically rare. I don’t know of any farms that ship Devon and Zebu milk, no. Have you checked realmilk.com?

I couldn’t get the Meyenberg milk down, it’s so musky. Nubians are a nice breed and really cute with their floppy ears. I think they produce milk with a high butterfat content? The goat’s milk I get comes from Golden Guernseys. The only difference between the goat’s milk and the Jersey/Devon and Guernsey cow’s milk I get is the goat’s milk isn’t quite as sweet as the other two—they’re so sweet they taste like sugared milk. The only reason I said minis over standard Zebus is I know of farms around here that have minis.
its a spring tonic, it might be the onion plant or something
i want to try those other breeds, since all the milks ive tried have different tastes, the difference between different cow breeds is just as big as the difference between different animals like goats, buffalo, sheep etc

what do you mean you get goats milk from golden guernseys, theres guernsey goat milk? arent all guernsey cows considered golden guernseys.
dutch milk and guernseys are naturally homogenized

Jennifer

its a spring tonic, it might be the onion plant or something
i want to try those other breeds, since all the milks ive tried have different tastes, the difference between different cow breeds is just as big as the difference between different animals like goats, buffalo, sheep etc

what do you mean you get goats milk from golden guernseys, theres guernsey goat milk? arent all guernsey cows considered golden guernseys.
dutch milk and guernseys are naturally homogenized

Have you had milk from different breeds raised on the same farm? The farm I get the Guernsey milk from also has A2/A2 certified Jerseys. But yep, the goat’s milk I get comes from Guernsey goat’s. They’re rare in the States. Some info on the breed:

I’ve seen that stated about Dutch Belted milk, but the raw Guernsey milk you tried was also naturally homogenized? The Guernsey milk I get forms a cream line and when I do a search, I see other farms selling Guernsey milk mentioning a cream line, too.

Dr. B

Have you had milk from different breeds raised on the same farm? The farm I get the Guernsey milk from also has A2/A2 certified Jerseys. But yep, the goat’s milk I get comes from Guernsey goat’s. They’re rare in the States. Some info on the breed:

I’ve seen that stated about Dutch Belted milk, but the raw Guernsey milk you tried was also naturally homogenized? The Guernsey milk I get forms a cream line and when I do a search, I see other farms selling Guernsey milk mentioning a cream line, too.
no why!
yeah i think so, it would barely get a creamline only if it was frozen and then thawed

Vileplume

Hey @Jennifer, I remember you mentioning in a different thread that despite drinking large amounts of full fat goat milk during a previous spine-healing phase, you didn't get fat and rather became quite "ripped," I think is how you put it. That's been true for me too, with goat milk.

Dr. B

Hey @Jennifer, I remember you mentioning in a different thread that despite drinking large amounts of full fat goat milk during a previous spine-healing phase, you didn't get fat and rather became quite "ripped," I think is how you put it. That's been true for me too, with goat milk.
how does it work with full fat cows milk or other milk? is it because goats are shredded, cows are fatter?
whats the difference in fatty acids and protein with goats milk vs A2 cows milk mate!

peter88

how does it work with full fat cows milk or other milk? is it because goats are shredded, cows are fatter?
whats the difference in fatty acids and protein with goats milk vs A2 cows milk mate!
More saturated fat?

Dr. B

More saturated fat?
dont think so mate... but maybe their results would be the same with A2 cows milk full fat
it supposedly has fats that help you lean out as well like vaccenic, rumenic acids etc

Vileplume

dont think so mate... but maybe their results would be the same with A2 cows milk full fat
it supposedly has fats that help you lean out as well like vaccenic, rumenic acids etc
That's interesting about A2 fat helping you lean out, and it might be similar with goat's milk, I'm not sure. Also, even though I've lost about 15 pounds since drinking a gallon of goat milk daily, I'm still not thin. I'm 6 feet tall, muscular, 200 pound, with more definition than I had when I started. My waist has shrunk from about 36 inches to about 33. I keep waiting to gain weight, which I expected, but it hasn't happened yet. I think the weight loss came from deceased inflammation and better metabolism, because I started losing weight when I stopped feeling like ***t all the time.

Dr. B

That's interesting about A2 fat helping you lean out, and it might be similar with goat's milk, I'm not sure. Also, even though I've lost about 15 pounds since drinking a gallon of goat milk daily, I'm still not thin. I'm 6 feet tall, muscular, 200 pound, with more definition than I had when I started. My waist has shrunk from about 36 inches to about 33. I keep waiting to gain weight, which I expected, but it hasn't happened yet. I think the weight loss came from deceased inflammation and better metabolism, because I started losing weight when I stopped feeling like ***t all the time.
mate thats a pretty good waist how much thinner you going for, 29 inches is pretty lean thatll probably be around 11% bodyfat or so... when you lose the weight does it cause more blood flow to flow to the genital areas so you have significantly more boners throughout the day even without trying to or anything? I had 29 inches waist, but at 5'10 and at 170 pounds.
im wondering if theres anything special to the belgian blue cattle, as the cows have the myostatin deficiency, wonder if the milk is special or etc

Jennifer

That’s awesome! Yep, I developed really good muscle definition without any effort while averaging over a gallons worth of full-fat dairy daily after I fractured. The dairy consisted of roughly 2 liters of the same raw Jersey/Milking Devon milk that I consume now, 64 oz of Redwood Hill Farm plain goat yogurt and a couple ounces of Mt. Sterling raw goat cheddar.

I replaced most of my fruit and honey calories with dairy fat recently and the ripped effect is happening again. I actually had to up my calories because I was slimming down too much. I think it’s due to less inflammation, particularly gut inflammation, and my thyroid health—I’ve been averaging 99° temps. This all started while doing a two week milk fast recently.

Jennifer

I think the weight loss came from deceased inflammation and better metabolism, because I started losing weight when I stopped feeling like ***t all the time.

Ha! Me too. I didn’t see your comment before posting. lol

Jennifer

The results are the same for me drinking the raw certified A2 Jersey/Milking Devon and Guernsey milk. I don’t think milk being A2 matters for everyone, but for some reason it does for me. If it’s not A2 I get constipated, even if the milk is raw and from 100% grass-fed cows.

Dr. B

That’s awesome! Yep, I developed really good muscle definition without any effort while averaging over a gallons worth of full-fat dairy daily after I fractured. The dairy consisted of roughly 2 liters of the same raw Jersey/Milking Devon milk that I consume now, 64 oz of Redwood Hill Farm plain goat yogurt and a couple ounces of Mt. Sterling raw goat cheddar.

I replaced most of my fruit and honey calories with dairy fat recently and the ripped effect is happening again. I actually had to up my calories because I was slimming down too much. I think it’s due to less inflammation, particularly gut inflammation, and my thyroid health—I’ve been averaging 99° temps. This all started while doing a two week milk fast recently.
wow 99 is incredible, 100 is perfect right, above that gets too warm right.
whats your caloric intake

i think its cow fat in general, has special cla and omega 7 fats or something that help with leanness, not sure if goat milk has anything additional to cows milk

Jennifer

wow 99 is incredible, 100 is perfect right, above that gets too warm right.
whats your caloric intake

I’m not sure what perfect is but anything above 99.2° and I’m too warm. I was averaging roughly 2500 calories a day prior to upping the dairy fat and I’m now averaging roughly 2800 calories.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals