High PUFA Diet Effectively The Same As Diabetes, Aging And Cancer

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OK, I just heard from the authors of the study. The diet was indeed high PUFA. It was at least 50% omega-6, and 83% total unsaturated fat. So, this diet, which is below the 70% PUFA intake the average American has, is considered disease-inducing. You can imagine how much worse the effects are with the extra 20% PUFA in the typical diet.

hmac

haidut said:
post 102850 If Peat is right (and he usually is) that saturated fat can stop the stress response produced by PUFA in its tracks - then yes, the ratio is more important. However, the ingested PUFA will still have to be processed somehow or stored. If it is metabolized it will probably raise inflammation as the study on corn oil I posted shows - i.e. even a low percentage PUFA diet promoted inflammation and liver cancer. If it is stored, then it will have to be detoxified by the liver over time, and that still affects the liver and estrogen levels. Better to not eat it at all.

Yeh. This is where I'd got to. An inconvenient truth in think. No defending my 1kg-of-full-fat-FAGE-a-day habit then!

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals