Goat’s Milk Intake Prevents Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed A High-Fat Diet

Broken man

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good find. This week I'm going to release an article A1/A2 milk which will also address some of the benefits of dairy shortly.

Vileplume

I also seem to do better on goat milk, compared to cow milk. I’ve lost weight and improved body composition despite drinking up to a gallon of whole goat milk per day. Though lately I’ve developed a bacterial coated tongue I can’t seem to shake, not sure what’s causing it :think:

Ben.

What about sheep milk? For some reason that one is more expensive than cow or even goat milk here.

Goat milk has this specific taste to it which, i dont mind generally but if i had to decide based on taste it would be rather sheep or cow's milk.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

I also seem to do better on goat milk, compared to cow milk. I’ve lost weight and improved body composition despite drinking up to a gallon of whole goat milk per day. Though lately I’ve developed a bacterial coated tongue I can’t seem to shake, not sure what’s causing it :think:
Interesting.

I've noticed i am much leaner when i eat goats cheese compared to cows cheese. I alternate though, but i think i should probably stick to the goats cheese and eat the extra bit of cost for some of the benefits

Ficini

What about sheep milk? For some reason that one is more expensive than cow or even goat milk here.

Goat milk has this specific taste to it which, i dont mind generally but if i had to decide based on taste it would be rather sheep or cow's milk.
Sheep milk is way more nutritionally dense than goat milk.
I drink mostly sheep milk, 1,5% fat.
To give you an idea, 1L sheep milk contains 1930mg calcium, 52 grams protein, 3,6mg riboflavin.
Very good stuff.
About the goat milk taste, I buy some from a small farmer and it tastes different EVERY time. I guess it depends on what she feeds them...

Jam

Well-refrigerated fresh raw goat milk, from does that are kept well away from bucks, has absolutely zero "goat-specific" taste. On the other hand, all heated / pasteurized goat milk has the goaty taste, some more, some less.

Dutchie

Sheep milk is way more nutritionally dense than goat milk.
I drink mostly sheep milk, 1,5% fat.
To give you an idea, 1L sheep milk contains 1930mg calcium, 52 grams protein, 3,6mg riboflavin.
Very good stuff.
About the goat milk taste, I buy some from a small farmer and it tastes different EVERY time. I guess it depends on what she feeds them...
Where do you live that you can get semi-skimmed sheep milk? I've never been able to find low(er) fat sheep milk.
The ones I came across all mention about 6grams of fat per 100ml.

Ficini

Where do you live that you can get semi-skimmed sheep milk? I've never been able to find low(er) fat sheep milk.
The ones I came across all mention about 6grams of fat per 100ml.
I live in Romania, but here you cant find sheep milk, even though we are one of the biggest world producers (no.5). Fresh sheep cheese is everywhere, but it is full fat.
I could find only one product, which is imported from Greece (no. 3 producer :) ), and when I find it I buy 6-7 liters. :) Lucky me, it is 1,5%, otherwise I couldnt drink the full fat one in these quantities (1,5-2liter per day).

Dutchie

I live in Romania, but here you cant find sheep milk, even though we are one of the biggest world producers (no.5). Fresh sheep cheese is everywhere, but it is full fat.
I could find only one product, which is imported from Greece (no. 3 producer :) ), and when I find it I buy 6-7 liters. :) Lucky me, it is 1,5%, otherwise I couldnt drink the full fat one in these quantities (1,5-2liter per day).
Greece.....normally Greek shops don't come up when I search the web.
I think my country is too far from Greece to transport fresh milk anyway.:)

Just like you we have the same problem too. We produce good goatmilk, but I hardly can access it bc it's all made into powder and sold abroad.

Jam

The only commercial sheep milk available in Italy that I know of is this partially skimmed, UHT one from Sardinia:

Otherwise, one can sometimes find local farmers that sell it raw, It's ubiquitous In Sardinia, but here in the north it is quite a bit harder to find than goat milk.

Luckily, I love goat milk, and a local farm that makes goat cheese and sells raw goat milk is only a 20 minute drive from my house.

miquelangeles

I tried that one, but for some reason it induces an allergic reaction and I suspect it’s the homogenization process. I tried their bio goat’s milk as well (sourced from Greece) and I get the same reaction (runny nose). I have no issues whatsoever with the unhomogenized Artesana goat’s milk.
I was under the impression that Olympus sheep milk is sourced locally (they own the biggest “milk factory” in Brasov). There’s another sheep milk brand available at Pronat, but it’s UHT and 5% fat.

Ficini

I tried that one, but for some reason it induces an allergic reaction and I suspect it’s the homogenization process. I tried their bio goat’s milk as well (sourced from Greece) and I get the same reaction (runny nose). I have no issues whatsoever with the unhomogenized Artesana goat’s milk.
I was under the impression that Olympus sheep milk is sourced locally (they own the biggest “milk factory” in Brasov). There’s another sheep milk brand available at Pronat, but it’s UHT and 5% fat.
It says on the bottle the milk is from Greece. I tolerate the sheep milk much better than cow milk, even it is homogenized and uht. I also drink raw goat milk, but that is full fat. I will try Artesana. Thanks for the tip.
There is also Andechser, but that s too expensive.

Dr. B

camel milk is extremely salty tasting
sheeps is good, creamier than cows
buffalos, is sweet almost as if you added plain sugar to cow milk

i get a tooth/gum cleaning effect from an A2 non homogenized low temp pasteurized, organic, 100% grass fed milk
however i have gotten the white tongue from non homogenized milks before, and from A2 milks, and from organic and 100% grass fed milks, i think its the low temp pasteurization, or maybe the combination of all is needed, to not have the white tongue

Jennifer

buffalos, is sweet almost as if you added plain sugar to cow milk

I love buffalo’s milk (and buffalo mozzarella). The raw Jersey/Milking Devon cross A2 cow’s milk I get from the farm is just as sweet, same with the raw Guernsey A2 cow’s milk I recently started drinking, and both digest just as well for me as raw goat’s milk, which is nice since I like having hot cocoa and really dislike the muskiness that develops when I heat up the goat’s milk. What I’ve really been wanting to try is mini Zebu cow’s milk. Have you had milk from Zebus before?

Dr. B

I love buffalo’s milk (and buffalo mozzarella). The raw Jersey/Milking Devon cross A2 cow’s milk I get from the farm is just as sweet, same with the raw Guernsey A2 cow’s milk I recently started drinking, and both digest just as well for me as raw goat’s milk, which is nice since I like having hot cocoa and really dislike the muskiness that develops when I heat up the goat’s milk. What I’ve really been wanting to try is mini Zebu cow’s milk. Have you had milk from Zebus before?
interesting thats one i havent tried, another to add to the list
ive tried guernsey, which i think is the worst cows milk,
ive tried jersey which is the best so far, jersey holstein mix is also good
dutch belt is okay, not good not bad, holstein is okay,
i wanted to also try ayshire, brown swiss, illawatta and milking shorthorn
zebus look cool, whats special about it
what do you mean mini zebu cow milk
whats milking devon