Goat’s Milk Intake Prevents Obesity, Hepatic Steatosis and Insulin Resistance in Mice Fed A High-Fat Diet

Dr. B

I’m not sure what perfect is but anything above 99.2° and I’m too warm. I was averaging roughly 2500 calories a day prior to upping the dairy fat and I’m now averaging roughly 2800 calories.
wow, 2800 calories a day and staying how lean?
didnt you do some gut cleaning protocol before being able to tolerate milk, can you post again how you cleaned the gut in order to properly tolerate milk again?

Jennifer

wow, 2800 calories a day and staying how lean?
didnt you do some gut cleaning protocol before being able to tolerate milk, can you post again how you cleaned the gut in order to properly tolerate milk again?

Do you mean my weight and measurements?

Yep, this is how I cleared the chronic SIBO I had:

Dr. B

Do you mean my weight and measurements?

Yep, this is how I cleared the chronic SIBO I had:

yes like bodyfat percentage

Actually goatmilk fat is a little bit less saturated. However the sat.fats consist more of short- and medium chain fatty acids.

whats the fat breakdown comparison of goats and cows

Sefton10

Recently I've been experimenting with a goat's milk-based diet to try and deal with an issue and am amazed how much I like it. Warm semi-skim goat milk with egg yolks and some cocoa butter. Some honey and 2 or 3 cups of juice per day and small amounts of liver and oysters 3 or 4 days a week. Fibre is pretty much zero but I feel very warm and BMs are great. 9 days or so in I still haven't had any cravings for more solid food and hunger/energy feels very balanced throughout the day. Sleep is deeper too. Not sure how long it will last but I must admit I love the simplicity of it. I'm surprised urination hasn't really increased that much on essentially a liquid diet. I'm supplementing with camu camu, magnesium, glycine, K2 and a couple of drops of Health Natura's b-complex, as well as a few herb-based anti-viral/anti-fungals. The only thing that seems impossible to hit is folate.

Jennifer

yes like bodyfat percentage

I’m not sure how accurate body fat calculators are and if I’m supposed to go by my height prior to fracturing my spine or now but when I punch in my age, height (pre and post fracturing), weight and measurements, I get 14.1% and 16.1%, both putting me in the athlete category and too lean for my gender and age, which means I’ll probably die an early death but saturated fat isn’t fattening for me.

Recently I've been experimenting with a goat's milk-based diet to try and deal with an issue and am amazed how much I like it. Warm semi-skim goat milk with egg yolks and some cocoa butter. Some honey and 2 or 3 cups of juice per day and small amounts of liver and oysters 3 or 4 days a week. Fibre is pretty much zero but I feel very warm and BMs are great. 9 days or so in I still haven't had any cravings for more solid food and hunger/energy feels very balanced throughout the day. Sleep is deeper too. Not sure how long it will last but I must admit I love the simplicity of it. I'm surprised urination hasn't really increased that much on essentially a liquid diet. I'm supplementing with camu camu, magnesium, glycine, K2 and a couple of drops of Health Natura's b-complex, as well as a few herb-based anti-viral/anti-fungals. The only thing that seems impossible to hit is folate.

That’s great! I’m so glad it’s working out well for you. :)

Dr. B

cows milk i think has 12mcg folate per cup, this is typical 1% milk

combined with liver and OJ you should be able to get a good amount? OJ is a good source
the 400mcg daily should be attainable at least?

I like the lindt lindor coconut filled chocolate balls. they taste far better than most chocolates on the market. i think fat is 9g, and its 7g saturated fat per 9g total fat serving. there are no coconut shavings in it which can mess with the texture and taste, its just a white coconut creme, and it seems they maybe use real coconut oil or something for that creme since the fat is mostly saturated.

Jennifer

I like the lindt lindor coconut filled chocolate balls. they taste far better than most chocolates on the market. i think fat is 9g, and its 7g saturated fat per 9g total fat serving. there are no coconut shavings in it which can mess with the texture and taste, its just a white coconut creme, and it seems they maybe use real coconut oil or something for that creme since the fat is mostly saturated.

May I ask, are these the coconut filled chocolate balls you like:

Dr. B

those may be it, why!
this is also how they look

Jennifer

those may be it, why!
this is also how they look

Perfect! Thank you. I wanted to verify the ingredients so I can recreate them at home. The product you posted shows a more complete ingredient list. I wasn’t sure what to use to get a natural coconut flavoring I tolerate without making the filling too loose, but I see they use coconut powder. I have some so I should be able to make them. Thanks again!

Dr. B

Perfect! Thank you. I wanted to verify the ingredients so I can recreate them at home. The product you posted shows a more complete ingredient list. I wasn’t sure what to use to get a natural coconut flavoring I tolerate without making the filling too loose, but I see they use coconut powder. I have some so I should be able to make them. Thanks again!
i saw that and dont remember the ingredients list being so lengthy, i think they could have different ingredients lists in european versions, but ill check again, they were at walmart, maybe the ingredients list is the same
they do contain soy lecithin but the amounts seem to be very small, at least the PUFA content is small
there are also some very expensive organic chocolate bars which use only organic coconut sugar
that one is good but uses cashew butter

Last edited:

Jennifer

i saw that and dont remember the ingredients list being so lengthy, i think they could have different ingredients lists in european versions, but ill check again, they were at walmart, maybe the ingredients list is the same
they do contain soy lecithin but the amounts seem to be very small, at least the PUFA content is small
there are also some very expensive organic chocolate bars which use only organic coconut sugar
that one is good but uses cashew butter

Okay, I’ll check the ones at Walmart before I try making them. Thank you! And thank you for mentioning the Hu chocolate. I think I’ve seen it at Whole Foods before. I see they have a few flavors without nut butters. I want to try the crunchy mint. Do you like the combination of mint and chocolate? I used to get this chocolate that reminded me of Girl Scout Thin Mints:

I see they also make a coconut chocolate bar that uses palm sugar:

This was my favorite coconut chocolate bar:

Alter Eco also makes really good truffles and chocolate bars made with milk from grass-fed cows:

Dr. B

Okay, I’ll check the ones at Walmart before I try making them. Thank you! And thank you for mentioning the Hu chocolate. I think I’ve seen it at Whole Foods before. I see they have a few flavors without nut butters. I want to try the crunchy mint. Do you like the combination of mint and chocolate? I used to get this chocolate that reminded me of Girl Scout Thin Mints:

I see they also make a coconut chocolate bar that uses palm sugar:

This was my favorite coconut chocolate bar:

Alter Eco also makes really good truffles and chocolate bars made with milk from grass-fed cows:

i do like mint chocolate, and the best hu kitchen chocolate may actually be the orange vanilla + cashew butter

Jam

Since 3 weeks ago I've been back on my regular "colder weather diet" which includes 1L of raw full-fat goat milk (instead of 1L of 1.5% A1 milk) per day, and I've been dropping weight as I always do on goat's milk. Have lost a couple kg so far, but I always level out around 69kg so not much more to lose.

Dr. B

Since 3 weeks ago I've been back on my regular "colder weather diet" which includes 1L of raw full-fat goat milk (instead of 1L of 1.5% A1 milk) per day, and I've been dropping weight as I always do on goat's milk. Have lost a couple kg so far, but I always level out around 69kg so not much more to lose.
do you think goats milk is better at dropping weight than A2 grass fed cows milk, and what aspects of the goats milk help

Jam

do you think goats milk is better at dropping weight than A2 grass fed cows milk, and what aspects of the goats milk help
I believe it is better at dropping weight due to the higher levels of short- and medium-chain fatty acids.

coffeelover

That’s awesome! Yep, I developed really good muscle definition without any effort while averaging over a gallons worth of full-fat dairy daily after I fractured. The dairy consisted of roughly 2 liters of the same raw Jersey/Milking Devon milk that I consume now, 64 oz of Redwood Hill Farm plain goat yogurt and a couple ounces of Mt. Sterling raw goat cheddar.

I replaced most of my fruit and honey calories with dairy fat recently and the ripped effect is happening again. I actually had to up my calories because I was slimming down too much. I think it’s due to less inflammation, particularly gut inflammation, and my thyroid health—I’ve been averaging 99° temps. This all started while doing a two week milk fast recently.
For the milk fast did you include any fruit? Or just the milk, yogurt, and cheese?

Jennifer

For the milk fast did you include any fruit? Or just the milk, yogurt, and cheese?

Oh, that wasn’t a milk fast, but my actual diet. It included a couple of eggs, a few ounces of meat, mainly scallops and crab, a bowl of homemade bone broth and occasionally salads made with baby lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and avocado. When I do a milk fast, I cut out everything except for raw milk.

coffeelover

Oh, that wasn’t a milk fast, but my actual diet. It included a couple of eggs, a few ounces of meat, mainly scallops and crab, a bowl of homemade bone broth and occasionally salads made with baby lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and avocado. When I do a milk fast, I cut out everything except for raw milk.
Ah, ok. I am cutting out starches again to try to get weight loss moving again.. they're just so east to include especially rice, sourdough bread, etc. But my weight just will not budge even with being more active and trying to reduce calories. A milk diet is tempting because of simplicity but I know I'd be bored by the end of the first day 😆