Glycine, Before Cannabis

Hazarlar

I have an interesting observation. I took just 600mg's of glycine before smoking weed and it seemed to significantly diminsh the effects of THC, CBD etc...

Could this small amount of clycine reduce the manifestations of cortisol via which cannabinoids work?

johnwester130

I have an interesting observation. I took just 600mg's of glycine before smoking weed and it seemed to significantly diminsh the effects of THC, CBD etc...

Could this small amount of clycine reduce the manifestations of cortisol via which cannabinoids work?

this article explains the interaction between glycine and drugs

Glycine - Improving Sleep Quality | Naturopathic Currents

I admit it too - glycine feels like a mild illegal drug when taken. When combined with b6 and progesterone, the effect is noticeable

johnwester130

How much are you taking?

i also take proline, b6, lysine and progesterone which are probably amplifying it

I take about 10 grams a day

but also 10 grams proline which is very similar to glycine, but less drug like

johnwester130

Oh that is allot. Do you take it all at once? I'd like to see what you're describing.

I take b6 but not high amounts. I think ray has said 10mg is allot.

yes, b6 can be kept at a low dose

5 grams in the morning, 5 at night

this thread says glycine/proline is like noopept. Ray Peat once said progesterone can cause a mild drunkeness

NOOPEPT (GLYCINE AND PROLINE)

cyclops

this thread glycine/proline is like noopept. Ray Peat once said progesterone can cause a mild drunkeness

Yea Progesterone had a similar effect once at a low dose, but never again. Maybe it was like a first time thing. And I don't want to take to much as a man.

johnwester130

Yea Progesterone had a similar effect once at a low dose, but never again. Maybe it was like a first time thing. And I don't want to take to much as a man.

the anti-androgen effects are stopped with low dose DHEA or low dose Testosterone

the drunkeness effect is amplified by b6 and glycine/proline,

cyclops

Why do you take both proline and glycine? What benefits do you feel this combination gives you as opposed to glycine alone?

cyclops

Thanks. I know gelatin is more then just glycine so it makes sense taking proline would be beneficial. I was just wondering if you felt a real life difference from taking proline. I think many people take just glycine. But Im not sure if you ever took just glycine without proline.

Maybe I'll get some proline.

alywest

https://www.wired.com/2011/04/marijuana-thc-pain/

"A few reports had suggested that the receptors for glycine, a small amino acid that also acts as a neurotransmitter, might be involved in the response to cannabinoids. The authors provide some pretty definitive looking evidence that this is the case. Neurons that express the glycine receptor were give small bursts of glycine to trigger activity. As more THC was added to the cells, the response to the glycine increased in magnitude.

Using structural information, the researchers identified a critical spot on the surface of the glycine receptor that interacted with THC, and showed that the interaction was mediated by a hydrogen bond between the receptor and THC. That led them to create a set of modified THCs that lacked potential hydrogen-bonding sites. One of these (5-desoxy-THC) could still bind the glycine receptor, but had reduced affinity for its other targets, the cannabinoid receptors."

johnwester130

I wonder if marijuana causes schizophrenia by depleting glycine ?

I have a theory that many drugs work by sending the glycine from the body to the brain, and over time depleting glycine. Who knows ?

alywest

I wonder if marijuana causes schizophrenia by depleting glycine ?

I have a theory that many drugs work by sending the glycine from the body to the brain, and over time depleting glycine. Who knows ?
Perhaps the primary food for the munchies should be jell-o.

Another study re pregnenalone:

Enhancing Brain Pregnenolone May Protect Cannabis Intoxication but Should Not Be Considered as an Anti-addiction Therapeutic: Hypothesizing Dopaminergic Blockade and Promoting Anti-Reward

Changes in the laws have heightened interest and encouraged research into both cannabinoid products and the potential harms of Cannabis use, addiction, and intoxication. Some research into those harms will be reviewed here and misgivings about the use of Pregnenolone, to treat cannabis addiction and intoxication explained. Pregnenolone considered the inactive precursor of all steroid hormones, has recently been shown to protect the brain from Cannabis intoxication. The major active ingredient of Cannabis sativa (marijuana), Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) enhances Pregnenolone synthesis in the brain via stimulation of the type-1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptor. This steroid has been shown to inhibit the activity of the CB1 receptor thereby reducing many of the effects of THC. While this mechanism seems correct, in our opinion, Vallee et al., incorrectly suggest that blocking CB1 receptors could open unforeseen approaches to the treatment of cannabis intoxication and addiction. In this hypothesis, we caution the scientific community that, other CB1 receptor blockers, such as, Rimonabant (SR141718) have been pulled off the market in Europe. In addition, CB1 receptor blockers were rejected by the FDA due to mood changes including suicide ideation. Blocking CB1 receptors would result in reduced neuronal release of Dopamine by disinhibition of GABA signaling. Long-term blockade of cannabinoid receptors could occur with raising Pregnenolone brain levels, may induce a hypodopaminergic state, and lead to aberrant substance and non-substance (behavioral) addictions.

griesburner

this article explains the interaction between glycine and drugs

Glycine - Improving Sleep Quality | Naturopathic Currents

I admit it too - glycine feels like a mild illegal drug when taken. When combined with b6 and progesterone, the effect is noticeable

All i have read so far here in this forum about glycine sounds good, but as a read this link I'm a bit sceptical now. But dont know how reliable this source is? Cause they write:

"Glycine undergoes passive diffusion through the blood-brain barrier and acts primarily on N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDA).[5] Its actions on the NMDA receptor are believed responsible for inhibiting muscle activity during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep,[6] and for lowering core body temperature to facilitate sleep.[7, 8] Oral glycine administration also increases serotonin levels without increasing dopamine levels [5] to help normalize circadian rhythms."

Could someone explain how this could be the case?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals