PUFA Are Carcinogenic, Dietary Glycine Blocks Their Effect

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just saw a commercial yesterday wherein a woman chooses corn oil over olive oil because it's healthier. Egads!

Any "explanation" provided by the commercial why corn oil was healthier? Usually they wrap olive oil under vegetable oils even though it is a fruit oil. So, I am surprised now they start to make distinctions within the veggi oils group. Whenever I see a commercial about something, it usually means sales are really suffering. So, the world must be waking up to the poison that seed oils are and ads are getting ramped up to keep sales going. Engineering demand, as the marketing industry calls it.

thegiantess

Any "explanation" provided by the commercial why corn oil was healthier? Usually they wrap olive oil under vegetable oils even though it is a fruit oil. So, I am surprised now they start to make distinctions within the veggi oils group. Whenever I see a commercial about something, it usually means sales are really suffering. So, the world must be waking up to the poison that seed oils are and ads are getting ramped up to keep sales going. Engineering demand, as the marketing industry calls it.

Something about plant sterols IIRC. I googled around to see if I could find the commercial itself and I found this: New Study Finds Corn Oil Superior to Extra Virgin Olive Oil in Lowering Cholesterol

Yikes. The average person would undoubtedly perceive that to be a good thing.

whit

I guess putting it in our tanks as fuel isn't profitable enough anymore. They even nitrogen stored and cooled the corn oil.
A buddy of mine says "when they blended fuel with ethanol they ruined them both." Thanks haidut for another golden nugget.:salute

whit

Yea, Peat has said chickens and pigs fed grains will make and or store the same kind of fat that nonruminants do. If its full of PUFA thats what it will store.

Mauritio

Haha! Yah I've noticed this in studies and it's always pretty hilarious to read. Sometimes they talk in such a nonchalant matter-of-fact way about these things like it's common knowledge. It's like "polyunsaturated fat, a well known cause of heart disease, etc.", meanwhile it's the heart healthy fat according to the American Heart Association. So apparently nobody reads these science articles or else more people would have a clue.
They also this the other way round though. Like: "It is well known that sugar causes diabetes" ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals