Gilbert Ling's Theory Confirmed - ATP Required For Protein Solubility & Aggregation Control

Regina

These people. I still haven't seen anything as safe effective as methylglyoxal or bromopyruvate for cancer. These two drugs (one is natural) reverse tumors in 90% to 100% of cases. I have rat studies that show this. The studies come out of India and China.

This is why I don't get excited about most cancer drugs that only work about 20% of the time. Methylglyoxal is so effective that it captivated Albert Szent-Györgyi.

And besides inhibiting synthesis of CoQ₁₀ and vitamin K₂, statins inhibit the production of heme. I can't see how this can be a good thing for normal cells, since you would expect this to inhibit respiration. Heme needs a "tail" (farnesyl) too, which is constructed from isoprene units.

Statins inhibit every downstream event dependent on isoprene units, not just cholesterol synthesis.
My brother-in-law is on statins. But since he has a PhD from Harvard and works at a major hospital, I'd be laughed out of the room if I suggested he take K2 instead.

Travis, how do you get your daily iron intake? thx

d1d2

Travis

Travis, how do you get your daily iron intake? thx
From food. Unfortunately, the food I eat provides a little over 100% of the RDA.

But since he has a PhD from Harvard and works at a major hospital, I'd be laughed out of the room if I suggested he take K2 instead.
Why would you suggest he take K₂ instead?

But if you were to suggest that he take CoQ₁₀ (or K₂) in addition to taking the statin, then he could potentially circumvent statin-related myopathy. Some of the following authors have both PhDs and MDs (although from lesser places like Tufts University), and probably wouldn't consider the suggestion absurd.

Muscle Coenzyme Q10 Level in Statin-Related Myopathy
Costanza Lamperti, MD, PhD

Statin Associated Myopathy
Richard H. Karas Md, PhD

Effect of Atorvastatin on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Ability of Coenzyme Q10 to Reverse That Dysfunction
Marc A. Silver, MD

Besides the unambiguous clinical data, the actual chemical mechanism is well understood and very straightforward.

Travis, what do you make of bromopyruvate controversy?
It's cheap. It's effective. And therefore certain people will manufacture controversy to defend their interests in competing drugs.

What do you think of this rat study?
Advanced cancers: eradication in all cases using 3-bromopyruvate therapy to deplete ATP

There's even studies from Johns Hopkins showing that it worked far better than genistein. That's not to say that genistein is particularly effective, but that domestic researchers have also demonstrated the efficacy of bromopyruvate. But little will come of this, since pharmaceutical industries actually seem to care more about profits than efficacy. In countries like Germany and Mexico, you will be able to find this. But you could instead order methylglyoxal directly from Sigma-Aldrich,* or do Gerson (sans linseed oil).

I think methylglyoxal is better, but they are similar molecules. This is a good study (but you're on your own for a full-text link):
In vivo assessment of toxicity and pharmacokinetics of methylglyoxal: Augmentation of the curative effect of methylglyoxal on cancer-bearing mice by ascorbic acid and creatine

*[This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.]

Last edited:
L

lollipop

These people. I still haven't seen anything as safe effective as methylglyoxal or bromopyruvate for cancer. These two drugs (one is natural) reverse tumors in 90% to 100% of cases. I have rat studies that show this. The studies come out of India and China.

This is why I don't get excited about most cancer drugs that only work about 20% of the time. Methylglyoxal is so effective that it captivated Albert Szent-Györgyi.

And besides inhibiting synthesis of CoQ₁₀ and vitamin K₂, statins inhibit the production of heme. I can't see how this can be a good thing for normal cells, since you would expect this to inhibit respiration. Heme needs a "tail" (farnesyl) too, which is constructed from isoprene units.

Statins inhibit every downstream event dependent on isoprene units, not just cholesterol synthesis.
Interesting @Travis - do you have those studies? Some many I know struggle with cancer. I keep pointing them towards greater understanding. Would love to pass those on. Would you mind briefly introducing these two: methylglyoxal and bromopyruvate? I will pass that on as well. Are these available in US?

Edit: you answered my questions in your response just above - thank you!

Regina

From food. Unfortunately, the food I eat provides a little over 100% of the RDA.

Why would you suggest he take K₂ instead?

But if you were to suggest that he take CoQ₁₀ (or K₂) in addition to taking the statin, then he could potentially circumvent statin-related myopathy. Some of the following authors have both PhDs and MDs (although from lesser places like Tufts University), and probably wouldn't consider the suggestion absurd.

Muscle Coenzyme Q10 Level in Statin-Related Myopathy
Costanza Lamperti, MD, PhD

Statin Associated Myopathy
Richard H. Karas Md, PhD

Effect of Atorvastatin on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Ability of Coenzyme Q10 to Reverse That Dysfunction
Marc A. Silver, MD

Besides the unambiguous clinical data, the actual chemical mechanism is well understood and very straightforward.

It's cheap. It's effective. And therefore certain people will manufacture controversy to defend their interests in competing drugs.

What do you think of this rat study?
Advanced cancers: eradication in all cases using 3-bromopyruvate therapy to deplete ATP

There's even studies from Johns Hopkins showing that it worked far better than genistein. That's not to say that genistein is particularly effective, but that domestic researchers have also demonstrated the efficacy of bromopyruvate. But little will come of this, since pharmaceutical industries actually seem to care more about profits than efficacy. In countries like Germany and Mexico, you will be able to find this. But you could instead order methylglyoxal directly from Sigma-Aldrich,* or do Gerson (sans linseed oil).

I think methylglyoxal is better, but they are similar molecules. This is a good study (but you're on your own for a full-text link):
In vivo assessment of toxicity and pharmacokinetics of methylglyoxal: Augmentation of the curative effect of methylglyoxal on cancer-bearing mice by ascorbic acid and creatine

*[This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.]
Travis, Thanks very much for the thoughtful links with the MD creds. (He is a runner, too).

Travis

@lisaferraro

Burtlancast posted this link on another thread that I just stumbled across today. This seems to give a accurate summary.

Recoen

Has anyone found a good source of Methylglyoxal?

Great thread by the way!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals