CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Gilbert Ling's Theory Confirmed - ATP Required For Protein Solubility & Aggregation Control

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by haidut, May 26, 2017.

1. Regina

Regina Member

My brother-in-law is on statins. But since he has a PhD from Harvard and works at a major hospital, I'd be laughed out of the room if I suggested he take K2 instead.

Travis, how do you get your daily iron intake? thx

2. d1d2

d1d2 Member

Travis, what do you make of bromopyruvate controversy?

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2016/08/17/3-bromopyruvate-what-a-mess

Thanks!

3. Travis

Travis Member

From food. Unfortunately, the food I eat provides a little over 100% of the RDA.

Why would you suggest he take K₂ instead?

But if you were to suggest that he take CoQ₁₀ (or K₂) in addition to taking the statin, then he could potentially circumvent statin-related myopathy. Some of the following authors have both PhDs and MDs (although from lesser places like Tufts University), and probably wouldn't consider the suggestion absurd.

Muscle Coenzyme Q10 Level in Statin-Related Myopathy
    Costanza Lamperti, MD, PhD

Statin Associated Myopathy
    Richard H. Karas Md, PhD

Effect of Atorvastatin on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Ability of Coenzyme Q10 to Reverse That Dysfunction
    Marc A. Silver, MD

Besides the unambiguous clinical data, the actual chemical mechanism is well understood and very straightforward.

It's cheap. It's effective. And therefore certain people will manufacture controversy to defend their interests in competing drugs.

What do you think of this rat study?
    Advanced cancers: eradication in all cases using 3-bromopyruvate therapy to deplete ATP

There's even studies from Johns Hopkins showing that it worked far better than genistein. That's not to say that genistein is particularly effective, but that domestic researchers have also demonstrated the efficacy of bromopyruvate. But little will come of this, since pharmaceutical industries actually seem to care more about profits than efficacy. In countries like Germany and Mexico, you will be able to find this. But you could instead order methylglyoxal directly from Sigma-Aldrich,* or do Gerson (sans linseed oil).

I think methylglyoxal is better, but they are similar molecules. This is a good study (but you're on your own for a full-text link):
    In vivo assessment of toxicity and pharmacokinetics of methylglyoxal: Augmentation of the curative effect of methylglyoxal on cancer-bearing mice by ascorbic acid and creatine

*[This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.]

4. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Interesting @Travis - do you have those studies? Some many I know struggle with cancer. I keep pointing them towards greater understanding. Would love to pass those on. Would you mind briefly introducing these two: methylglyoxal and bromopyruvate? I will pass that on as well. Are these available in US?

Edit: you answered my questions in your response just above - thank you!

5. Regina

Regina Member

Travis, Thanks very much for the thoughtful links with the MD creds. (He is a runner, too).

6. Travis

Travis Member

@lisaferraro

Burtlancast posted this link on another thread that I just stumbled across today. This seems to give a accurate summary.

7. lollipop

lollipop Guest

Thank you @Travis. Grateful.

8. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

what does this "mean" ? I do not understand the ideas behind it