Aging In Human Mitochondria Fully Reversed By Glycine

invictus

I've been experimenting with glycine, on and off, for over 10 years and I've always experienced negative effects, specifically burning in the stomach, loose stools, headache and disturbed sleep. The doses ranged from 3 gm to 10 gm. Nor can I tolerate gelatin. Makes me spaced out and doesn't improve my sleep. I'd prefer just to eat more protein, along with rice, potatoes and fruit.

Kunstruct

I've been experimenting with glycine, on and off, for over 10 years and I've always experienced negative effects, specifically burning in the stomach, loose stools, headache and disturbed sleep. The doses ranged from 3 gm to 10 gm. Nor can I tolerate gelatin. Makes me spaced out and doesn't improve my sleep. I'd prefer just to eat more protein, along with rice, potatoes and fruit.

At the point something disrupts a person like that it is the best to avoid it. Not matter how many studies support something if they have a clear negative effect on you they are pointless. It is also very hard to come and say something like that in a place where something is revered, but well that is what is happening to you.

yerrag

If you live where there's a real Chinese resto - the kind that exists where there a large number of Chinese to cater to without having to accommodate non-Chinese tastes, you may be able to get dishes of beef tendons. Try those to see if you're still getting reactions. Tendons are gelatin, without the high possibility of endotoxins.

Something is definitely wrong in this study, as I started developing severe wrinkles (lost facial fat pads) during glycine supplementation

I don't know what is it but I look 5 yrs older now

lampofred

Something is definitely wrong in this study, as I started developing severe wrinkles (lost facial fat pads) during glycine supplementation

I don't know what is it but I look 5 yrs older now

Maybe it did that because it lowered estrogen. Estrogen is responsible for fat on face, testosterone on the other hand causes a more rugged look.

Marquis777

The milk blend I had my mom on before she passed on contains 10 grams collagen hydrolysate. She took it 2-3x/day for the past 3 months. The week before she died, I had observed very clear skin on her, and because of that I was very optimistic on her being able to recover many youthful functions such as being able to control sphincters in her urinary bladder and in the esophagus, as well as regain her hearing, which I came across on McGavack's book "Thyroid" as indicating hearing loss was a hypothyroid condition.

Since I have plenty of the ingredients of the milk blend left, I have been on the milk blend for a week, taking it 2-3x/day. I will know in a month or two how the glycine in the milk blend is taking an effect on me. I've also advised 3 of my friends to use this milk blend as a starting point for treating their breast cancer.

It's interesting though that the main selling point on the milk blend isn't about health, but that my mom's skin became more young-looking because of it. Beauty and vanity really sells. Health is a far second, even for cancer victims.
Health and vanity are two different sides of the same coin. You can't truly have one without the other.

yerrag

Health and vanity are two different sides of the same coin. You can't truly have one without the other.
Vanity is a different animal though. It is actually unhealthy. True health is not vain. Being vain involves appearances that deceive. If outwardly one looks healthy but inside it isn't, that isn't health.

When you personally take care of animals and don't feed them what the TV ads tell you to, youll realize that beauty is more than skin deep. You have very healthy and happy animals, and the health radiates outward in better skin and coloration for koi, and better fur and attitudes for cats. Spend more time on ensuring you pro Ide good nutrition and environment, and spend less time visiting doctors and vets. And if you can, avoid the poke. Rabies is a long established scam that is now being applied as a similar scam on humans. COVID is to humans what rabies is to dogs and cats.

moa

genes that regulate glycine production in mitochondria, CGAT and SHMT2, were found. The researchers showed that by changing the regulation of these genes, they could induce defects or restore mitochondrial function in the fibroblast cell lines.

I am homozyguos for gene SLC18A1 for protein CGAT (known as VMAT1), it says 4 times greater risk of schizophrenia. I always felt good on glycine, but i only take about 3g per day. Maybe i should try something more like 5g 5times per day.

It seems I also have the worrior gene, meaning reduced activity of monoamine oxidase A. (MAO-A). This means that the high levels of cythostolic monoamines are not cleared, resulting in even more ROS and downregulation of BH4, resulting in less monoamines in the end (including dopamine and the good ones).

Also i should add, i have deficiency in folate genes, both MTHFR (b2 dependent) and MTRR (B12 dependent) further depleting my BH4 (NADPH and folate dependent).

Also i have the CBS gene gene upregulated, further increasing cysteine, and CBS upregulation is known to be a cause of depletion of BH4 (through oxidative stess) and increased molybdenum needs to clear sulfates (that's easy to fix with supplements).

Also a mutation on gene SLC25A12, supposed to impair : 'oxidative phosphorylation to produce ATP by the transport of NADH-reducing equivalents into the mitochondrial matrix' (if im not wrong). What does this mean ? Less NADPH in the end, so less BH4 again ???

So i have 6 genes with mutations that are known, each one of them, to deplete BH4 levels..... and i had, long term, all the symptoms that go with both brain and gut and some other minor problems that could be linked to low BH4...

Especially now, after i supplemented with (not too high, 12.5/25mg per day) zinc without copper for many months, it seems this symptoms have increased recently , so now i take copper.

bh4 is the cure to colitis (IBS symptoms, Crohn, etc) according to a study in mice.

Maybe the solution is to try to increase NADPH ?? I wonder, how to do that in a Peat friendly and healthy way ?

Last edited: