Foster Your Health Podcast - Official Thread

Regina

I just finished recording and editing the first episode of Foster Your Health, and I put a link to it below if anyone's interested in listening to it. I'll be updating this thread with any new episodes as they come along.

I'm still getting used to the editing software and deciding on an intro. For hosting, I've chosen to go with archive.org along with my blog, of course, which I'll put below.

I'd appreciate any feedback! I have so many topics that I want to speak on, but they're very divergent; some deal with philosophy and others with harder topics (like nutrition). I'm trying not to overlap too heavily with other podcasters, but I also want to deliver good information in its entirety.

Foster your Health - Episode 1: Hyperthyroidism and Mood

The link may change.

FYH Podcast 1 Hyperthyroidism And Mood : Dave Foster : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
:clapping:

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Wow really awesome. Very nice and clear voice, pleasant to listen. :D Also very informative you just answered many questions ive been struggling lately. Keep these coming.
Awesome; that's what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the feedback!

Did you get the butterflies in your stomach for being your first podcast?

Please have a chilled conversation in the future with "ayurvedic" pboy as a parallel episode. Discussing intuition, trust, society, hope, ("recreational") drugs, hydration, functioning under pressure (courage, values and principles, character), judgements, education, learning, charisma, flow, guilt, romance, inhibition, anxiety, repression, food wholeness, obsession and compulsion, compassion, charlatans, practice and experience, empathy, perspectives, sensitiveness and toughness, and so on..

Congratulations and I fully believe in your capability.

--
@Dan Wich - When possible, include this gentleman's website and podcast on your list!
I didn't realize Dan had a podcast! I'll definitely have a listen. I did a shout-out to haidut.

I was a bit nervous, but I try to only do recordings when I feel pretty good. It's funny you mention those; (one I recorded before checking this was "Courage and the Thyroid," and it'll be posted a little later.

Congratulations on your first podcast, @DaveFoster
Just listened to first couple of minutes.
I'm in love with your voice :p
Thanks! I'm trying to keep enthused and not monologue too much.

Great voice, great podcast @DaveFoster Congratulations! Looking forward to more :partydance
Thanks, Lisa! I'm looking forward to doing them!

Thanks for the good info! Looking forward to following your podcasts!
Fantastic, thanks for listening!

Yeah, I'm excited for this, and enjoyed the first episode.

You're probably legally obligated to use a Foster The People song.

Done and done. And I never seem to get notifications on tags like this. Good thing I occasionally stalk you.
Thanks a lot, Dan! I was looking for an intro song, and that's too perfect. Do you know if copyright allows a snipet for an intro, or would I have to talk to them?

I enjoyed that and found some good knowledge in this. Would say that I had volume cranked all the way up and it seemed like it wasn't that loud.
Thanks for watching and the feedback! Noted, I will raise the volume in future episodes.

What happens when you have a low body temperature and pulse rate at the same time? That would indicate hypothyroidism without elevated adrenaline or cortisol.
Yes; exactly.

@DaveFoster wow - just listened to your podcast and it described my symptoms exactly - I have a high pulse all day and then later in the evening I feel better - I also feel better around the 85 range but I'm often in the mid to late 90's and subsequently feel what I assume are stress hormones?

I'm not sure how to remedy this? My TSH is 1.9 and I have high cholesterol so I assumed I was hypo (also hair loss, depression, low libido, and chronic fatigue)

Any thoughts?

Great show and I look forward to the next one!
I would definitely try progesterone if you already drink coffee, vitamin D and A, regular light exposure (or red light w/ bright light hitting your retina from the sun or a SAD light), eating enough sodium (mag and cal as well), and the carrot salad is important. The next episode will be on how to drink coffee properly. Bag breathing or a breathing device made out a 2 liter bottle with a nozzle can help.

How are you sleeping?

Interesting! thanks for answering. I also have good results from progesterone; looking forward to hearing that episode! Have you tried pregnenolone? And would you say progesterone is superior to it?
Pregnenolone, progesterone, and DHEA all have different effects. Pregnenlone is more stimulating, and I would compare it more to coffee; progesterone has direct hormonal effects and can greatly diminish anxiety.

Great Job

i really enjoyed it
Thanks for the feedback!

:)

As stated, the next episode will focus on how to consume coffee to reap all the benefits with almost none of the downsides. I have some editing to do, but I'll try to get it up before the end of the month. Thanks for all your support you guys!

Last edited:

kaybb

Awesome; that's what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the feedback!

I didn't realize Dan had a podcast! I'll definitely have a listen. I did a shout-out to haidut.

I was a bit nervous, but I try to only do recordings when I feel pretty good. It's funny you mention those; (one I recorded before checking this was "Courage and the Thyroid," and it'll be posted a little later.

Thanks! I'm trying to keep enthused and not monologue too much.

Thanks, Lisa! I'm looking forward to doing them!

Fantastic, thanks for listening!

Thanks a lot, Dan! I was looking for an intro song, and that's too perfect. Do you know if copyright allows a snipet for an intro, or would I have to talk to them?

Thanks for watching and the feedback! Noted, I will raise the volume in future episodes.

Yes; exactly.

I would definitely try progesterone if you already drink coffee, vitamin D and A, regular light exposure (or red light w/ bright light hitting your retina from the sun or a SAD light), eating enough sodium (mag and cal as well), and the carrot salad is important. The next episode will be on how to drink coffee properly. Bag breathing or a breathing device made out a 2 liter bottle with a nozzle can help.

How are you sleeping?

Pregnenolone, progesterone, and DHEA all have different effects. Pregnenlone is more stimulating, and I would compare it more to coffee; progesterone has direct hormonal effects and can greatly diminish anxiety.

Thanks for the feedback!

:)

As stated, the next episode will focus on how to consume coffee to reap all the benefits with almost none of the downsides. I have some editing to do, but I'll try to get it up before the end of the month. Thanks for all your support you guys!

L

lollipop

@DaveFoster copywrite applies even for a tiny portion. You can:

1) write and ask permission and how much it will cost to use.
2) ask musician friends to write you a song.
3) go to a site that sells songs/videos - most songs run from $20-$50.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster copywrite applies even for a tiny portion. You can:

1) write and ask permission and how much it will cost to use.
2) ask musician friends to write you a song.
3) go to a site that sells songs/videos - most songs run from $20-$50.
Thanks for the reply, Lisa. I went to a "podsafe" archive, and I found the song Dan mentioned, and I downloaded it. I'd assume its available since it's a live version and its on a site that hosts podsafe music.

Free Music Archive

Atman

Very good first podcast.
I like your moderate, well thought out perspective backed up by personal experience.
It's not just a regurgitation of Peat and others.

I had very similar experiences with being hyperthyroid. I think that inadequate cholesterol synthesis is one reason for these symptoms, especially the periodical hypersexuality/ low libido and depression you talked about.

If you first go into the hyperthyroid state your steroid metabolism gets a massive boost, which leads to euphoria, high libido, high mental performance.
But this state can't be sustained despite the increased food supply. The amount of cholesterol in your blood and tissue first acts as a buffer until the concentration drops too low, after which anxiety, depression, bad memory, bad libido etc can follow. Of course this all depends on "how far" you got yourself in the hyperthyroid state. Ray said it would be best to be slightly hyperthyoird. The question remains, what is "slightly".

Have you ever measured your total cholesterol? Mine was already on the low side before I started experimenting with thyroid.

Dante

Very good first podcast.
I like your moderate, well thought out perspective backed up by personal experience.
It's not just a regurgitation of Peat and others.

I had very similar experiences with being hyperthyroid. I think that inadequate cholesterol synthesis is one reason for these symptoms, especially the periodical hypersexuality/ low libido and depression you talked about.

If you first go into the hyperthyroid state your steroid metabolism gets a massive boost, which leads to euphoria, high libido, high mental performance.
But this state can't be sustained despite the increased food supply. The amount of cholesterol in your blood and tissue first acts as a buffer until the concentration drops too low, after which anxiety, depression, bad memory, bad libido etc can follow. Of course this all depends on "how far" you got yourself in the hyperthyroid state. Ray said it would be best to be slightly hyperthyoird. The question remains, what is "slightly".

Have you ever measured your total cholesterol? Mine was already on the low side before I started experimenting with thyroid.
How much was your cholesterol when you started thyroid or more importantly ldl cholesterol

goodandevil

Horrible. Just long enough to importune for a donation. Clearly you read about hyperthyroidism on WebMD©.

tyler

Nothing to add- great work dude.
In my experience, one of the best byproducts of hypothyroid recovery was the desire/drive to work creatively. I see you're feeling the same! Keep it up.

Sheik

Nothing to add- great work dude.
In my experience, one of the best byproducts of hypothyroid recovery was the desire/drive to work creatively. I see you're feeling the same! Keep it up.
In recent months I've only felt creative when highly stressed. So this is very encouraging.

Broken man

Really great stuff and I understand what you are talking :D !!! I was listening to Peat´s and Haidut´s podcasts but didnt understand well because my bad english.

tomisonbottom

Just listened. Awesome; loved it. Very concise, to the point and helpful! :D

Wondering though @DaveFoster don't you think potential hyperthyroid issues would eventually adjust and be less problematic when one gets most of the pufa out of their system?

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Dear Dave:
8afdefc304867d3be13a43fbc4e3e5c1.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals