Foster Your Health Podcast - Official Thread

DaveFoster

I just finished recording and editing the first episode of Foster Your Health, and I put a link to it below if anyone's interested in listening to it. I'll be updating this thread with any new episodes as they come along.

I'm still getting used to the editing software and deciding on an intro. For hosting, I've chosen to go with archive.org along with my blog, of course, which I'll put below.

I'd appreciate any feedback! I have so many topics that I want to speak on, but they're very divergent; some deal with philosophy and others with harder topics (like nutrition). I'm trying not to overlap too heavily with other podcasters, but I also want to deliver good information in its entirety.

Foster your Health - Episode 1: Hyperthyroidism and Mood

The link may change.

FYH Podcast 1 Hyperthyroidism And Mood : Dave Foster : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Last edited by a moderator:

milk_lover

Congrats on your first podcast, brother :dope

Great info about thyroid. What brand are you taking?

Dhair

Sounds great to me. You have a good voice and you were good about being concise with the information you were presenting.
If I were you i would keep them kind of short like this unless you're going to have guests on.

Dante

If one has some doubts/points regarding some of the things you mention in your podcast, where could one comment on them ? In your wordpress blog ?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Congrats on your first podcast, brother :dope

Great info about thyroid. What brand are you taking?
Thanks a lot, man. I don't take thyroid; I don't need it. I take progesterone and drink coffee; I'll make an episode on the benefits I've found with progesterone.

Sounds great to me. You have a good voice and you were good about being concise with the information you were presenting.
If I were you i would keep them kind of short like this unless you're going to have guests on.
Thanks for the feedback; I've been told I should read audiobooks. I agree; I'm trying to keep them under 15-20 minutes.

Really concise and smooth delivery.

Congrats, man.
Thanks a lot!

If one has some doubts/points regarding some of the things you mention in your podcast, where could one comment on them ? In your wordpress blog ?
For that, definitely my blog would be the best place. I'll have a section for the podcast and comments will go there as well.

I'll update this thread when I have a section on fosteryourhealth.wordpress.com for the podcasts and respective comments.

At this time, I'm still working on things such as the intro song, references for the video (time in the video with descriptions), and a podcast hosting service. Archive is free, which is why I used it to start.

TubZy

Congrats man. Link is down, I want to hear it when you get a chance haha.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dobbler

Wow really awesome. Very nice and clear voice, pleasant to listen. :D Also very informative you just answered many questions ive been struggling lately. Keep these coming.

Amazoniac

Did you get the butterflies in your stomach for being your first podcast?

Please have a chilled conversation in the future with "ayurvedic" pboy as a parallel episode. Discussing intuition, trust, society, hope, ("recreational") drugs, hydration, functioning under pressure (courage, values and principles, character), judgements, education, learning, charisma, flow, guilt, romance, inhibition, anxiety, repression, food wholeness, obsession and compulsion, compassion, charlatans, practice and experience, empathy, perspectives, sensitiveness and toughness, and so on..

Congratulations and I fully believe in your capability.

--
@Dan Wich - When possible, include this gentleman's website and podcast on your list!

sele

Congratulations on your first podcast, @DaveFoster
Just listened to first couple of minutes.
I'm in love with your voice :p

kaybb

Thanks for the good info! Looking forward to following your podcasts!

I enjoyed that and found some good knowledge in this. Would say that I had volume cranked all the way up and it seemed like it wasn't that loud.

ATP

What happens when you have a low body temperature and pulse rate at the same time? That would indicate hypothyroidism without elevated adrenaline or cortisol.

LukeL

@DaveFoster wow - just listened to your podcast and it described my symptoms exactly - I have a high pulse all day and then later in the evening I feel better - I also feel better around the 85 range but I'm often in the mid to late 90's and subsequently feel what I assume are stress hormones?

I'm not sure how to remedy this? My TSH is 1.9 and I have high cholesterol so I assumed I was hypo (also hair loss, depression, low libido, and chronic fatigue)

Any thoughts?

Great show and I look forward to the next one!

milk_lover

Thanks a lot, man. I don't take thyroid; I don't need it. I take progesterone and drink coffee; I'll make an episode on the benefits I've found with progesterone.
Interesting! thanks for answering. I also have good results from progesterone; looking forward to hearing that episode! Have you tried pregnenolone? And would you say progesterone is superior to it?