Foster Your Health Podcast - Official Thread

InChristAlone

So you say it is pretty rare to have high temp and pulse with hypoT, but I had 99 temp and pulse over 100 sustained for most of the day at times! I wasn't sure what was causing it, my labs were borderline for hypo but free hormones were on the low end. I'm out of that period of my life but I think I did have some kind of thyroiditis. Someone said hyperthyroidism is more likely to cause panic attacks and I definitely had those in that time. Now I just tend to be normal and no panic attacks. I had to quit caffeine though.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

So you say it is pretty rare to have high temp and pulse with hypoT, but I had 99 temp and pulse over 100 sustained for most of the day at times! I wasn't sure what was causing it, my labs were borderline for hypo but free hormones were on the low end. I'm out of that period of my life but I think I did have some kind of thyroiditis. Someone said hyperthyroidism is more likely to cause panic attacks and I definitely had those in that time. Now I just tend to be normal and no panic attacks. I had to quit caffeine though.
Hey Janelle, I had high temps and pulse along with hypothyroid symptoms, low T, higher TSH, and neurological symptoms such as pain, depression, anxiety (and at one point panic attacks.) Danny Roddy cited a book wherein a doctor reported that patients needed a TSH < 0.1 on the reference range to experience remission of symptoms.

Serotonin can elevate body temperature and adrenaline can keep the pulse high. High serotonin and adrenaline often bring on feelings of panic, anxiety, or "hyperstimulation."

Unless your TSH is around zero, it's very unlikely that a pulse above ~90 correlates with hyperthyroidism; it rather instead suggests hypothyroidism and high adrenaline.

Are you planning on getting the podcast out on the bigger feeds like iTunes, Stitcher(whatever Androids use), or YouTube? I'm not sure the logistics but that's where the people are.
Absolutely. That's actually next on my agenda.

Last edited:

Dhair

Hey Janelle, I had high temps and pulse along with hypothyroid symptoms, low T, higher TSH, and neurological symptoms such as pain, depression, anxiety (and at one point panic attacks.) Danny Roddy cited a book wherein a doctor reported that patients needed a TSH < 0.1 on the reference range to experience remission of symptoms.

Serotonin can elevate body temperature and adrenaline can keep the pulse high. High serotonin and adrenaline often bring on feelings of panic, anxiety, or "hyperstimulation."

Unless your TSH is around zero, it's very unlikely that a pulse above ~90 correlates with hyperthyroidism; it rather instead suggests hypothyroidism and high adrenaline.

Dave, do you have new labs since last year? I would be very interested to see what kind of effect the large doses of progesterone/preg have had on your T levels.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Dave, do you have new labs since last year? I would be very interested to see what kind of effect the large doses of progesterone/preg have had on your T levels.
I have not tested T, but my TSH has lowered to 1. I will get full labs once my TSH is <0.4.

Dhair

I have not tested T, but my TSH has lowered to 1. I will get full labs once my TSH is <0.4.
Please do. I would like to know the results. Are your muscles bigger? How is your mental health now compared to what it was a year ago?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Please do. I would like to know the results. Are your muscles bigger? How is your mental health now compared to what it was a year ago?
Mental health has changed. As we become more resilient to stress, we tend to change our habits to accommodate (as in we take on more stress if we're able.) My stress tolerance has definitely improved considerably, where I went from a mere student to a part-time employee, student, more active member among my friend group, and so on. I still need more, though.

In addition, as we get further along in our journey, we get more in touch with modalities and use them more conveniently. For example, a year ago I would take cyproheptadine in the morning and when I got home, but now I'll nibble on a cyproheptadine tablet throughout the day as needed.

I turned from a boy into a man, physically. I'm still not where I'd like to be, though.

InChristAlone

Yes serotonin I think was a big issue for me. I even had times of shivering/shaking needing to get in a hot shower to warm up even though core temp was fine. Almost a yr of cypro and niacinamide and my temp is almost always 98.4-98.6 (unless it's bedtime then it goes down). Also I have zero IBS. Where I used to get birth like cramping at least once a month, that went away pretty fast off caffeine.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Yes serotonin I think was a big issue for me. I even had times of shivering/shaking needing to get in a hot shower to warm up even though core temp was fine. Almost a yr of cypro and niacinamide and my temp is almost always 98.4-98.6 (unless it's bedtime then it goes down). Also I have zero IBS. Where I used to get birth like cramping at least once a month, that went away pretty fast off caffeine.
Great! I also had the shivering/cold and needing multiple hot baths throughout the day at one point. Also, I had pretty poor sleep quality, related to the low core body temperature. Thyroid seems to be improving sleep noticeably.

Amazoniac

Davezord, why don't you record some episodes discussing slade's features? Since his jaw is a very wide topic, you can divide in a few episodes. I'm not being disrespectful with your time, I know it's limited, but you can get a team to help you with that.
Then you can work from there, for example, FYH Podcast - The jaw (pts 1, 2, 3); #4 Lips; #5 Intellect and culture; #6 Chess and crafting your own board and pieces; #7 Extraordinary IQ; #8 Beauty and intimidation; etc.

Last edited:

johnsmith

I just finished my second coaching session with Dave. I have Skyped with two other well known health practitioners around these parts, and I must say Dave was my favourite by far. Damn good price too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals