Eczema & Rosacea

Magyar

Forum Supporter
Hi there,

Anyone have a small child that suffered from eczema and successfully cure the child of it (using RP methods)? (She also tends to mouth-breathe and has apnoeic episodes when she sleeps. I assume they are all related and likely to stem from SIBO.)

Also, I have rhinophyma on my face -- and RP's article on rosacea has opened my eyes to this -- anyone successfully cure or reverse rosacea-caused rhinophyma with B-vitamins or otherwise?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

achar45

I've heard it's common to have H. Pylori overgrowth when you have Rosacea and that some people have seen big improvements after treating it.

B-styles

Hi there,

Anyone have a small child that suffered from eczema and successfully cure the child of it (using RP methods)? (She also tends to mouth-breathe and has apnoeic episodes when she sleeps. I assume they are all related and likely to stem from SIBO.)

Also, I have rhinophyma on my face -- and RP's article on rosacea has opened my eyes to this -- anyone successfully cure or reverse rosacea-caused rhinophyma with B-vitamins or otherwise?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Definitely gut and liver related.

saene

Vitamin d supplementation either for breastfeeding mom or directly to child was very helpful for our babies eczema. Also sunlight definitely helped. Good luck.

BigBrain

i have sometimes eczema but only if i go to low on bodyfat (5 - 8 %) . Also i get fungus on my feeth and its getting itchy and i start to scratch and my fingers get red swollen. Also my eyez getting itchy . I think in your case its due the lack of detoxing capacity of this young child the body liver isnt so strong as in adults, so its obviously in gut and liver related. Body is looking for other detoxing path ways which is sibo or eczema. Skin also huge organ :D.

I would recommend the child to eat low toxin exposured food. Let him eat oats or oatmeal porridge with blue berries, to heal the gut or to strengthen him. Later you can add rice bran or wheat bran to the oats.

Childs and particularly babies are easy vulnerable , because they arent fully developed now.

So my suggestion try to feed him much organic as possible.

ampersand

I'm not convinced it's always gut related. I've had eczema since childhood. It comes and goes. Out of four siblings, three of us have it. None of us have ever had digestive issues and can eat pretty much everything without noticing any gut problems. I've tried a million different diets and could never find a pattern or connection to what I was eating and eczema flare-ups. According to other indicators my liver health seems to be pretty good. I can drink as much coffee as I want without feeling any negative effects and according to my doctor my liver health looks excellent according to lab tests, whatever that's worth. My brother with the worst eczema in the family drinks around 20 cups of coffee a day sometimes.

In the past I was convinced that fasting was the only reliable thing that helped, but now I'm wary of why exactly it was helping and whether it was worth it in the long run. For my two siblings and myself, the eczema really seemed to become apparent around puberty and has been with us, to varying degrees, ever since.

L

lollipop

I'm not convinced it's always gut related. I've had eczema since childhood. It comes and goes. Out of four siblings, three of us have it. None of us have ever had digestive issues and can eat pretty much everything without noticing any gut problems. I've tried a million different diets and could never find a pattern or connection to what I was eating and eczema flare-ups. According to other indicators my liver health seems to be pretty good. I can drink as much coffee as I want without feeling any negative effects and according to my doctor my liver health looks excellent according to lab tests, whatever that's worth. My brother with the worst eczema in the family drinks around 20 cups of coffee a day sometimes.

In the past I was convinced that fasting was the only reliable thing that helped, but now I'm wary of why exactly it was helping and whether it was worth it in the long run. For my two siblings and myself, the eczema really seemed to become apparent around puberty and has been with us, to varying degrees, ever since.
Sounds like Estrogen related - high Estrogen, which might point to hormonal. I remember Ray saying red spots on the skin indicate high estrogen.

ampersand

I think he meant those pinpoint sized red spots that look like tiny little drops of blood. I have those too, but I didn't when I was younger. Not ruling out hormonal though.

B-styles

I understand but just because you can eat anything doesn't mean its not gut or liver related. This is a complicated issue but simply that eczema is basically inflammation of the skin. Well, that inflammation has to come from somewhere and usually manifestations of our skin come from the inside. If 3 out of 4 family members have it then clearly that shows something was passed down from the parents. There's a voice out there that states that the true cause of eczema is old DDT/copper that is stuck in the liver and that a pathogen (virus or bacteria ) is feeding off that and secreting dermatoxins which manifest as eczema.

L

lollipop

There's a voice out there that states that the true cause of eczema is old DDT/copper that is stuck in the liver and that a pathogen (virus or bacteria ) is feeding off that and secreting dermatoxins which manifest as eczema.
Very interesting. What is the solution? Chelate copper?

ampersand

I understand but just because you can eat anything doesn't mean its not gut or liver related. This is a complicated issue but simply that eczema is basically inflammation of the skin. Well, that inflammation has to come from somewhere and usually manifestations of our skin come from the inside. If 3 out of 4 family members have it then clearly that shows something was passed down from the parents. There's a voice out there that states that the true cause of eczema is old DDT/copper that is stuck in the liver and that a pathogen (virus or bacteria ) is feeding off that and secreting dermatoxins which manifest as eczema.

I agree it can be gut/liver related, in the sense that everything in the body is interconnected. But in my family's case, it seems clearly there is a genetic component, and the dermatitis seemed to mostly appear around puberty (there is more than a decade difference in age between my siblings with eczema and myself, so I don't think a sudden change in environment is a factor either). I don't see why the gut and liver would dramatically worsen at that time, so I don't believe that a gut or liver problem was the initiating cause of the eczema. I don't doubt that the external inflammation is accompanied by internal inflammation. But is there any kind of falsifiable test that can show what exactly the gut or liver's role is? Why not say it's adrenal-related since cortisol seems to be a big factor?

I used to believe everything naturopaths said about eczema when I was younger, and it took me down a lot of mostly ineffectual paths that I think caused more damage than they cured. I don't mean to directly contradict what you're saying, I'm open to new insights, I guess I'm just pretty cynical now after years of suffering with this. I might be thinking about this too simplistically, because, due to my years of naturopath conditioning, when I hear "gut" and "liver" I think, "oh no, not another restrictive diet or difficult detox plan that won't end up helping in the long run", so please accept my apologies if that's the case.

Last edited:

B-styles

Yes. Zinc, low fat and plenty of fruit will all eventually clean up the liver so it can release it. Peat has it right about the liver.

EIRE24

Yes. Zinc, low fat and plenty of fruit will all eventually clean up the liver so it can release it. Peat has it right about the liver.
Would one have to go low fat? I thought that saturated fat would definitely help the liver, as would more protein?

B-styles

I agree it can be gut/liver related, in the sense that everything in the body is interconnected. But in my family's case, it seems clearly there is a genetic component, and the dermatitis seemed to mostly appear around puberty (there is more than a decade difference in age between my siblings with eczema and myself, so I don't think a sudden change in environment is a factor either). I don't see why the gut and liver would dramatically worsen at that time, so I don't believe that a gut or liver problem was the initiating cause of the eczema. I don't doubt that the external inflammation is accompanied by internal inflammation. But is there any kind of falsifiable test that can show what exactly the gut or liver's role is? Why not say it's adrenal-related since cortisol seems to be a big factor?

I used to believe everything naturopaths said about eczema when I was younger, and it took me down a lot of mostly ineffectual paths that I think caused more damage than they cured. I don't mean to directly contradict what you're saying, I'm open to new insights, I guess I'm just pretty cynical now after years of suffering with this. I might be thinking about this too simplistically, because, due to my years of naturopath conditioning, when I hear "gut" and "liver" I think, "oh no, not another restrictive diet or difficult detox plan that won't end up helping in the long run", so please accept my apologies if that's the case.

Yes that genetic issue you're thinking of is most likely a viral issue (EBV) passed down from one or both parents. One of EBV's favorite foods are HORMONES. So when hitting puberty it awakens the virus which then secretes dermatoxins from eating the hormones.

There's no doubt it can be adrenal related but again that is hormonal related ? I understand being cynical. I myself am that way at times with my own suffering and frustration from lack of answers. I roll my eyes all the time when I hear more doctors repeating the same as everyone else. It's good to be cynical and skeptical of things. Trust yourself.

B-styles

Would one have to go low fat? I thought that saturated fat would definitely help the liver, as would more protein?

It's relative. One persons low fat is another persons high fat. Generally though, yes low fat would help. Saturated fat is completely fine. TOTAL fat should be kept to minimum.

ampersand

Yes that genetic issue you're thinking of is most likely a viral issue (EBV) passed down from one or both parents. One of EBV's favorite foods are HORMONES. So when hitting puberty it awakens the virus which then secretes dermatoxins from eating the hormones.

There's no doubt it can be adrenal related but again that is hormonal related ? I understand being cynical. I myself am that way at times with my own suffering and frustration from lack of answers. I roll my eyes all the time when I hear more doctors repeating the same as everyone else. It's good to be cynical and skeptical of things. Trust yourself.

Very interesting! How does one test for this?

Last edited:

ampersand

Yes that genetic issue you're thinking of is most likely a viral issue (EBV) passed down from one or both parents. One of EBV's favorite foods are HORMONES. So when hitting puberty it awakens the virus which then secretes dermatoxins from eating the hormones..

Would this model explain something I experienced recently? I had a terrible respiratory flu recently and while I was very sick my skin cleared up beautifully. However as the flu symptoms abated the eczema came back. This seems to indicate that something about the immune system being activated to fight off the flu virus relieved whatever causes the eczema temporarily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals