CEASE Therapy: The Energetic Imprint. Is This Quackery, Or Is This Real?

TreasureVibe

Hello everyone. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I'm looking for therapy for my 18 year old brother, who suffers from vaccin induced autism. There happens to be a homeopath here in the Netherlands who says he has succesfully treated 300 patients who suffered from autism mainly caused by vaccins. His name is Tinus Smits, and he makes 2 claims that his therapy can produce:

• Activate the detox pathways that are responsible for detoxifying the toxic substances that were in the vaccins, detoxifying the body of the patient
  • ''Disturb'' or rather ''de-disturb'' (Dutch translation ''ontstoren'', English page of official website simply translates to ''detoxify'') toxic substances and the energetic imprints of said substances

This second effect is as described ''to make the patient recover his or her trauma he or she suffered when the vaccin was originally given''. This is very relevant according to Tinus Smits and fellow homeopaths who employ the therapy, as the energetic imprint can even exist if the toxic substance which caused it is physically not present anymore in the body. The energetic imprint can cause persistent symptoms, even without any toxin present according to the therapist. Not excluded is autism. When the energetic imprint is removed, the patient will feel as new, as if he re-experienced the trauma but this time conquered it, making it go away forever. (or atleast till symptoms come back, then therapy has to be started again) The body will display signs of detoxification, like sudden diarrhea, watery eyes and a runny nose. These are signals that the body is detoxifying, according to the therapist. The homeopathic solutions used are made out of the original vaccins that were given.

This is quite remarkable, that patients have reported success with the therapy, successfully reversing autism. However, what gets me hooked is the second claim, and its supposed healing effect on childhood trauma. Because I want the best for my brother, it is imperative I find the best therapy available for him.

CEASE therapy is currently used abroad, in the US and the UK among others. In mainstream media it has caused quite some rumble, as it was scrutinized alot that homeopaths claimed to cure autism.

An example in the UK: Homeopaths are offering 'fake' autism cures | Daily Mail Online

I have contacted a homeopath who uses CEASE therapy, inquiring him about the ''energetic imprint''. He replied the following:

''The "energetic imprint" can be a disturbing element in multiple ways and stay that way. Even if the physical substance or trigger is not present anymore.
Energetically, but also epigenetically. That means the on and off (sic: switch) of gene functions (sic: or gene expressions). Science is still in its infancy on this (sic: on this subject)
A good example is this link:
De tuin der lusten: gevolgen van antibioticumgebruik op het microbiële ecosysteem in de darm - RIVM
(Sic: Article published by Dutch ministry of Health on the effects of antibiotics on the microbial ecosystem of the gut)

A recent book (sic: about the subject) is ''The emotional DNA'' by P. Capel (About the positive and negative consequences of thoughts, fears, meditation, yoga on our management (epi) of the DNA (genes or genetics)."

As a family member of a person who suffers from autism, it is heartbreaking to see his developmental impairments. And because I don't want to do him a disservice, I feel like it is my responsibility to weigh all of my options. This is one that stands out most, and that is why I really need your advice and comments on the claims that are made by this therapy. Is this quackery?

I hope someone will give his or her wisdom!

Thank you.

Addendum* CEASE stands for Complete Elimination of Autistic Spectrum Expression a description of the therapy can be found on its official website www.cease-therapy.com

What is remarkable but perhaps coincedental is that if I type the website in my browser as https://www.cease-therapy.com Google Chrome gives me a privacy warning. Apparently I can only avoid this warning when I click the website's link as a Google search result.

Here's a video about the therapy, in which a young boy testifies he feels cured, and with the developer of the therapy, Tinus Smits, being interviewed:

sunraiser

In my experience anything that plays on people’s innate gravitation towards quick fixes or instant gratification is bull****. People know it sells so scam artists thrive in this arena.

You can make huge progress in a few weeks to a month, sure, but there isn’t a magic therapy or pill for anything.

Clearing detox pathways is a journey to robust health (sunshine, Varied diet, eating to cravings, mostly whole foods, movement). It’s harder with autism as the person perhaps can’t communicate their feelings or avoid fixations that might disturb their path to health, though.

I suppose it’s important to assume my experiences aren’t absolute and there should always be an openness to new ideas. I do believe there’s a healthy level of cynicism to be had, especially when it comes to those that might exploit the vulnerable and desperate. This particular idea rings a lot of alarm bells for me.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

In my experience anything that plays on people’s innate gravitation towards quick fixes or instant gratification is bull****. People know it sells so scam artists thrive in this arena.

You can make huge progress in a few weeks to a month, sure, but there isn’t a magic therapy or pill for anything.

Clearing detox pathways is a journey to robust health (sunshine, Varied diet, eating to cravings, mostly whole foods, movement). It’s harder with autism as the person perhaps can’t communicate their feelings or avoid fixations that might disturb their path to health, though.

I suppose it’s important to assume my experiences aren’t absolute and there should always be an openness to new ideas. I do believe there’s a healthy level of cynicism to be had, especially when it comes to those that might exploit the vulnerable and desperate. This particular idea rings a lot of alarm bells for me.
Thanks, do you think that it works?

All homeopathy = placebo. If it worked it would be used on livestock to save costs, it doesn't work.

Lurker

All homeopathy = placebo. If it worked it would be used on livestock to save costs, it doesn't work.

Homeopathy has been used successfully with dogs. Placebo bystander effect?

Personally I would put homeopathy in the category of can’t hurt, might help. And besides, “placebo” can be very effective. I myself take some hefty doses of Sucrosa and find it to be effective.

Homeopathy has been used successfully with dogs.

Hmm. Would you be so kind as to please provide references to any studies?

sunraiser

Thanks, do you think that it works?

Objectively I feel it’s unlikely to be effective. Who knows though - there are always new things to be discovered! I just feel if you have limited finances this might not be a good option. I understand your keenness to help your brother but progress can always be made in time as opposed to well meaning but impulsive considerations.

They use homeopathic techniques for organic livestock in the UK, too.

Studies please.

I remain a skeptic as I have watched countless people get sicker and sicker while solely relying on those little sugar pills to save them, including myself when I was much younger and my mother thought it would help with my sinus infections.

sunraiser

Studies please.

I remain a skeptic as I have watched countless people get sicker and sicker while solely relying on those little sugar pills to save them, including myself when I was much younger and my mother thought it would help with my sinus infections.

I don’t have studies, just real life. I work for a large supermarket in the UK and have discussed supplier and customer concerns about the uk vet advisory board suggestions on animal treatment. There was talk of enforcing pharmaceutical approaches and outlawing homeopathy which is regulary used in organic farming.

Corporate interests rule here :)

NB: I’m not saying all homeopathy works. A pill will not fix anything ever, IMO. There are certain aspects of homeopathy that might be effective. I’m just saying from my experience.
Alt health is absolutely full of charlatans that drain people of their money just like allopathic medicine. It appears the Hippocratic oath no longer applies.

Edit to add*** In no way would I recommend a homeopathic doctor or those approaches to health. I went that route for a little bit and was all of a sudden being recommended 25£ to £100 supplements. Immediately out!

Last edited:

Lurker

Studies please.

I suppose you have had better results with main stream medicine. No charlatans at the big fancy hospitals. No sir. They have lots of studies to show efficacy and safety.

I suppose you have had better results with main stream medicine. No charlatans at the big fancy hospitals. No sir. They have lots of studies to show efficacy and safety.

No, back then I had luck with cutting dairy and taking a lot of apple cider vinegar. Moving to a high altitude for a few years probably helped too.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

The thing with this therapy is, that it is not ''like cures like'' but rather giving the same toxin that was once given, and this time making the body's immune system win instead of lose against the toxin, while at the same time opening the pathways that perhaps never were activated anymore ever since the vaccins were given.

It's different than giving a herb that causes the same symptoms as the disease the patient suffers from, although it looks the same.

Waynish

"clearing detox pathways" can surely help with autism. But this is abigulous. How is he doing in exactly? Each case of autism may be different in this case. They probably all have gut issues, but processes for clearing detox systems are going to be identical in everyone. His process sounds proprietary.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

"clearing detox pathways" can surely help with autism. But this is abigulous. How is he doing in exactly? Each case of autism may be different in this case. They probably all have gut issues, but processes for clearing detox systems are going to be identical in everyone. His process sounds proprietary.
The detox pathways which once failed and now are blocked, will be re-activated by administering the same toxins once given, but now in diluted form. For gut issues in autism, wouldn't the Peat method be the best, just a clean and sterile gut?

Waynish

The detox pathways which once failed and now are blocked, will be re-activated by administering the same toxins once given, but now in diluted form. For gut issues in autism, wouldn't the Peat method be the best, just a clean and sterile gut?

Peat's method is definitely not as specific as that. So basically he sounds like he is using the homeopathic principles. I'm pretty familiar with the Pollack's work and the like - but I don't see how it explains or prescribes using water (with toxins removed) to treat an illness caused by those same toxins. Make sense? It sounds fairly benign, so worth a try if you've the money. If you don't have much money, then this may be a huge ripoff.