Eating Like Travis. Results Are Great!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Cirion

Yeah I think 75g is not unheard of for people who are not that interested in watching what they eat. But 75g is probably fairly low at least for the average male who is health minded, in general, fitness nutrition recommends pretty high-ish intakes for men. Easily 150g+. However he spent a good 15 minutes or more talking about FAMOUS athletes who eat ultra low protein and not only survive but thrive and GAIN muscle mass, one in particular, the name escapes me, but a well known old school BB'er said you only need to eat FIVE extra gram of protein and with these extra 5 grams a day (so instead of 25g, eat 30g a day) you can gain 5 POUNDS of muscle a year for about five years in a row for a total of 25 lb of muscle. Of course, that is in the context of training while eating ample carbohydrate to ensure anabolism but still that was amazing for me to hear.

Just for fun I put in some foods like rice in cronometer - and guess what - it IS a complete protein, it does meet all the amino acids. Not the first time that mainstream medicine has lied to us. So are fruits. So he's right. Now, the overall AMOUNT of each AA is drastically lower that what we supposedly need of course. So once more for great justice - RICE AND FRUIT ARE COMPLETE PROTEINS. I learned something new today.

Anyway I was eating 150-250g of protein these past few weeks and I think it's really been treating me poorly. Because the claims were so outlandish I'm not willing to experiment with 25g of protein a day just yet lol. But 75g sure why not.

Last edited:

tara

However he spent a good 15 minutes or more talking about FAMOUS athletes who eat ultra low protein and not only survive but thrive and GAIN muscle mass, one in particular, the name escapes me, but a well known old school BB'er said you only need to eat FIVE extra gram of protein and with these extra 5 grams a day (so instead of 25g, eat 30g a day) you can gain 5 POUNDS of muscle a year for about five years in a row for a total of 25 lb of muscle. Of course, that is in the context of training while eating ample carbohydrate to ensure anabolism but still that was amazing for me to hear.
How you measure the protein surely matters. I wonder if they are counting their potates as part of their protein, or only the meat and eggs etc?
Maybe if you are eating loads of ketoacids from fruit and potatoes etc as well so that at least some of the nitrogen that is released in the system can be recycled, and the small amount of full protein you are eating is good quality, and the rest of the diet is covering all the other needs (eg carbs, minerals) in a timely manner so you don't waste that protein, you can get a way with a lot less new input?

75 g doesn't look unreasonably low to me as a trial, if the rest of the diet is good, and if one pays some attention to effects and cravings.

Cirion

Hmm, not sure I understand the question? Vegan BB'ers don't eat any meat at all so the 30 gram would all be from potato, rice, fruit, vegetables, beans etc...

But yes, the main key is sufficient calories.

Delgado said there is no such thing as protein insufficiency. Now that is a bold claim. But he did say there is such thing as calorie insufficiency. It can be easy to have insufficient calories while weightlifting if all you eat is carbohydrate. I was looking at some nitrogen balance studies today, and the results are not conclusive because it seems like nitrogen balance =/= maintaining muscle mass necessarily. We must keep in mind a lot of studies probably were flawed too due to insufficient calories for the exercise undertaken.

When you think about it, it kind of makes sense. The body does NOT ever burn protein for fuel - unless you are eating insufficient calories. This can increase your protein needs to prevent muscle wasting, but in a surplus, not one gram of protein would be burned for fuel. Let's say you train really hard. Maybe you might need 5000 calories for example. If you eat say 90% of calories from carbohydrate, then that means 4,500 calories must come from carbohydrates. Most people aren't going to eat that much without deliberate tracking lol. That's like 1,150 g of carbs.

In that sense, eating extra protein is kind of an insurance if you will, to protect against accidental caloric deficits.

Ritchie

Yeah I think 75g is not unheard of for people who are not that interested in watching what they eat. But 75g is probably fairly low at least for the average male who is health minded, in general, fitness nutrition recommends pretty high-ish intakes for men. Easily 150g+. However he spent a good 15 minutes or more talking about FAMOUS athletes who eat ultra low protein and not only survive but thrive and GAIN muscle mass, one in particular, the name escapes me, but a well known old school BB'er said you only need to eat FIVE extra gram of protein and with these extra 5 grams a day (so instead of 25g, eat 30g a day) you can gain 5 POUNDS of muscle a year for about five years in a row for a total of 25 lb of muscle. Of course, that is in the context of training while eating ample carbohydrate to ensure anabolism but still that was amazing for me to hear.

Just for fun I put in some foods like rice in cronometer - and guess what - it IS a complete protein, it does meet all the amino acids. Not the first time that mainstream medicine has lied to us. So are fruits. So he's right. Now, the overall AMOUNT of each AA is drastically lower that what we supposedly need of course. So once more for great justice - RICE AND FRUIT ARE COMPLETE PROTEINS. I learned something new today.

Anyway I was eating 150-250g of protein these past few weeks and I think it's really been treating me poorly. Because the claims were so outlandish I'm not willing to experiment with 25g of protein a day just yet lol. But 75g sure why not.
Yeah this whole idea about plant proteins being incomplete is completely fallacious and not grounded in any scientific reality. The whole notion was permeated after a 1975 vogue magazine article stated that protein combining is crucial for plant proteins and that beans and plants had incomplete amino acid profiles. People just believed it and it stuck, with no evidence or grounding in science. And it still pollutes perceptions today in 2019, the power of suggestion and group think is a MF

Last edited:

sladerunner69

In Germany there are 2 brands that I buy: one from “Rapunzel” and one from “Alnatura”, both organic.

I just googled it and it seems like it is a classical oriental food, so shouldnt be impossible to get where-ever you live.

It also acts like an antibiotic!

How are you so sure it acts like an antibiotic?

kaybb

uncooked greens, salads!!!!, If you have listened to Ray you must know about the 2 rat families
Please share the rat families ! ( I have heard him plenty talking about raw green veggies in a bad light. )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom