Eating Like Travis. Results Are Great!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

After reading through the majority of Travis posts. I thought to give it a try.
Now I use to weight 180 on low carb, balloned up to 210(Peat/hagendazz healing), down to 198. Now down to 190 @Travis .

My Diet:
Smoothies

-I take large handfuls of organic greens and water and blend very thoroughly. Let the fiber float and spoon off as much as I can. About 90%-CAL/MG
+Two handfuls frozen mango
+Handful of mixed berries
+Salt
+Fill with orange Juice
+2 TBS of CO.
+Simple sugar to taste

Last edited by a moderator:

Fractality

Yeah, whenever I temporarily ate like this due to circumstances I ended up craving a juicy burger. I could not achieve satiety on this type of diet.

InChristAlone

I would also lose loads of weight eating smoothies and juice. Most people would. But is it healthy in the long run? Many ex-vegans/fruitarians would argue it was the worst mistake of their life.

sladerunner69

After reading through the majority of Travis posts. I thought to give it a try.
Now I use to weight 180 on low carb, balloned up to 210(Peat/hagendazz healing), down to 198. Now down to 190 @Travis .

My Diet:
Smoothies

-I take large handfuls of organic greens and water and blend very thoroughly. Let the fiber float and spoon off as much as I can. About 90%-CAL/MG
+Two handfuls frozen mango
+Handful of mixed berries
+Salt
+Fill with orange Juice
+2 TBS of CO.
+Simple sugar to taste

Losing weight can be good if it is all fatty tissue. How do you know you are not losing musclemass because you aren't eating any protein?

Also, all you have are smoothies? No meat? Eggs?

Luk3

I’ve gone right off using blenders. I hate the air that the action produces. Makes me very bloated. I think it encourages the growth of aerobic bacteria, too. Although don’t quote me on that.
Having read a lot of his posts, I’m not sure Travis would approve of this. He seems to favour whole foods as opposed to juicing, blending. Pineapples, apples, melons, coconuts, dates, leafy green salads with julienne style zucchini’s, goats cheese and lots of coffeee are the foods I’ve seen him mention the most. About 3000 calories a day IIRC... I’m not a stalker—honest!!!

tara

I thought Travis was eating whole leaves - sometimes as smoothies - and talks about the benefits of the fibre? I don't think I've seen him write about removing any of it?
He ate fresh coconut meat - fibre, protein, sugars, oil and all - rather than a little coconut oil, right?
I'm not sure that he adds extra salt to his food? He's expressed a view that people typically eat more salt than we need.
I don't recall him mentioning eating refined sugars, either.

I don't by any means think you are obliged to eat the way Travis does - you find what works for you. I just don't want people to be confused about where it comes from. :)

tara

He seems to favour whole foods as opposed to juicing, blending.
I agree about whole foods, but I've seen him write about blending sometimes, in addition to all the other ways to prepare.

Luk3

I agree about whole foods, but I've seen him write about blending sometimes, in addition to all the other ways to prepare.

Fair enough. I do remember him speaking about disliking juicing due to the amount of juice he got from the food used.
In regards to sodium: he’s mentioned pecorino a few times, which is incredibly salty, but I don’t know if he salts his food when not eating cheese.

tara

In regards to sodium: he’s mentioned pecorino a few times, which is incredibly salty, but I don’t know if he salts his food when not eating cheese.
True.

Waremu

Basically a raw vegan diet. A good recipe for muscle loss and low testosterone. I'd never do it, personally. I would lose all my strength and muscle I have gained through the years. Not something I would do if I wanted to lose weight especially, since much would be muscle loss.

Last edited:

Runenight201

sounds awful

I thought the same. I’m getting flashbacks to my fruitarian experiments of cold hands, frequent urination, tooth sensitivity, and weak muscles already... It did make my hair/skin/eyes look good though so there were some positives.

TeaRex14

Why not throw in some collagen hydrolysate? No taste and a couple tablespoons would dramatically increase your protein intake. Good protein too, will help increase fat loss and retention of lean tissue.

opson123

If you go and take a closer look, you'll see that's not how Travis eats. He doesn't eat salt, he doesn't eat white sugar. He eats whole fruits, whole coconuts, raw kale and other raw greens and he eats the whole thing. Drinks a lot of coffee. Only foods that are matching in your diet are the frozen mango (kind of) and berries. I guess coconut oil is a match too, not sure.

CLASH

As much as I appreciated Travis’ information he had classic stereotypical behavoir of the vegan community such as emotional outbursts and ad hominen attacks at/on members of the forum for asking him questions about his protocol that had any implication of disagreement even if the intention was solely to gain insight from his knowledge. I do believe this may have been a function of his diet in light of my experience having tried a similar diet in the past.

YourUniverse

Travis is brilliant, and I'm a fan. His diet was a lb of kale, a lb of dates, a whole coconut and a whole pineapple, plus a pot of coffee and organic home-rolled cigarettes. I see the logic in it; personally, I think it's low in protein, but I believe that was brought to his attention and he had a response for it, so power to him

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I do eat Eggs 2-3 a day as well as gelatin/collagen!

Occasional meat meals as well

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I just lowered my protein and feel better than ever.

@haidut said tryptophan is the worst thing ever.

His older post state clearly that fatty cheese/milk/meat will add more weight than anything.

Protein spikes insulin equal or more than glucose powder.

Fruitarian would be a death sentence if I didn't eat eggs and milk occasionally.

But 20-30grams of protein every meal? Ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom