Dopamine Precursors Restore Hair Color

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
and yes I can't find the thread on lowering tryptophan. . . . . I know gelatin and yogurt and cheese (because they have calcium with the tryptophan) but what else??? Or please share me the thread!
Haidut's post is "tryptophan (serotonin) depletion in brain (and elsewhere)". I've never heard of RP mentioning/advocating for zinc supplementation. My old doctor had me on zinc too so your not alone. That's probably another reason I was greying so fast!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Parmigiano reggiano cheese provides 30% of the daily value of calcium per ounce according to the nutrition label.

jyb

Blossom said:
Haidut's post is "tryptophan (serotonin) depletion in brain (and elsewhere)". I've never heard of RP mentioning/advocating for zinc supplementation. My old doctor had me on zinc too so your not alone. That's probably another reason I was greying so fast!

The zinc supplementation leading to lower copper is reported in several studies. I'm not sure if it would be as pronounced on a Peat diet where nutrients are much more spead out throughout the day - depends how long the zinc sits there and prevents absorption in the GI tract. But clearly on a conventional diet where you only get nutrients at noon or at dinner, supplementing zinc at one of those meals might harm absorption for a lot of your intake...

mamaherrera

so having some greek yogurt with eggs?? Also, I just formed a new thread on glutamate, please take a look, as I tend to have high levels.wondering in high calcium makes it worse. No more zinc supplements for me,

SQu

Gelatin is said to balance tryptophan . I think it also helps with glutamate ???
I just stopped the zinc as I've stopped most of my old supps, as nutrition improved my levels I felt I didn't need them and I'm reluctant to add new ones to my shortened list. Having said that, I think bcaas helped lower serotonin via tryptophan and were useful for a while. (I had other serotonin problems, migraine mostly)
Perhaps more seafood if it appeals, is something I'd do if it was me.
I try and get stock into most dinners in some form - gravy, bolognese sauce, soup. I often have a cup with salt for lunch. My stock is always gelatin rich or I don't bother with it.

mamaherrera

I need to work on more stock, thanks for the ideas, hopefully I see some whites turning back to their color soon :): how do you get your stock gelatin rich??? I often forget to have stock, honestly. Or I'll use my stock and add gelatin. What the heck are Bcaa's??? Everyone talks about them.

SQu

If I can get skin and tendon inthe dog bones section of butchery (!) I use them, otherwise chicken feet. Soak overnight in fridge with water and wine. Slow cook for about 9 hours. Strain and give leftovers to dog. Should gel in fridge. I think I get more from this than pure gelatin, but I also have gelatin sometimes.
Bcaas are branched chain amino acids, used by bodybuilders. They helped me with migraine prevention, and clearing my head from a dull light sensitive state, especially early morning. That could affect me all day if left. If it were me I'd use them if I still had those symptoms.

jyb

Anyone having success for preventing grey hair growing with copper or dopamine precursors?

I have a few random grey ones growing on the side, but after about 6+ months, I had no difference with respect to that. I tried copper orally and topically (topically low concentrations only). Also, some pro-dopamine experiments with BCAA. And pregnenolone orally.

pboy

well im still relatively young but hair is good....I consume a lot of cacao which is very high in copper...I probably get at least 100% each day, so maybe its helping...I hear that copper is the main mineral that most people lack which leads to grey hair...gl man, you could also buy a copper drinking cup, if you soak water in it overnight then drink youll get a nice dose

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
So, anyone have updates after four more months?
My gray seems the same which I suppose is better than having more. :D

Peata

I really thought my hair had less grays coming in while i was on Cyproheptadine. I checked it in the mirror carefully and also asked someone else to look close and they agreed there were very little gray roots. Where before I had a lot more. And since i've been off Cypro I again have more greys coming in. But I can't say for sure because it would seem too good to be true. Wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up, it was just my one experience and did not continue taking it for longer than two months.

I couldn't stay on Cypro due to the side effects of weight gain (although I was on a fairly high dose toward the end) and tinnitus. Hope i can find something else to try in place of Cypro.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I stopped lisuride in the summer and out of everything I think that would be the one intervention I had used that would effect hair color. The fact that I went off that during a very high stress period in my life and didn't get more gray is a little surprising to me. The grays I have seem subtle to me now but maybe I'm just either more used to them or I'm more relaxed in general.

jyb

Anyone tried the topical DHEA method to restore hair colour? Last couple years I had some random grey hair growing here and there so I'm curious. In my experience, orally supplemented copper doesn't do much. I'm going to try some topical DHEA in a bit of water and alcohol. I'll use my eyebrows as a test because it's easier to inspect.

NathanK

I'm not sure how safe this is. Parkinson's patient's brains are physiologically different and have been altered (degraded dopamine "receptors" or whatever). Excess dopamine can be as much of a problem as excess adrenaline and I've heard a doctor say (sorry no study reference) that Parkinson's patients taking straight dopamine can be toxic increasing adrenaline and ammonia. Allowing your body to increase dopamine by lower antagonists (naturally or with short term drug use) is a whole different thing

I wrote more here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=5502&p=86732#p86732

BobbyDukes

jyb said:
Anyone tried the topical DHEA method to restore hair colour? Last couple years I had some random grey hair growing here and there so I'm curious. In my experience, orally supplemented copper doesn't do much. I'm going to try some topical DHEA in a bit of water and alcohol. I'll use my eyebrows as a test because it's easier to inspect.

I don't suppose you might be able to PM me the source you use for the DHEA? I am willing to try this, too. Or at least give anything a go really, with trying to slow/stop the grey hair thing.

ShivaShakti

Hi to all

Long time lurker here. I would like to say thank you for all the members, for all of your informative posts.

I think this input have not been posted, so i thought to contribute

Tyrosine
Reversing Gray Hair? Part 2 - Critical MAS

Bromocriptine
The Danny Roddy Weblog - 时间线 | Facebook

I also read an anecdote on longecity member he/she used B6 for gray hair.

So apparently, Dopamine agonist and prolactin antagonist is for reversing gray hair.

Xemnoraq

@haidut i know this is an old post but what you mentioned about LSD and dopamine precursors have you ever noticed alot of celebrities and musicians who are known for using lsd heavily and other pro dopamine prolactin inhibiting substances, seem to never get grey hair and retain their hair color into their late 60s/70s?

Im not sure how many of them dye their hair but ive noticed all of the musicians and actors whove done a ton drugs somehow are still healthier looking than anyone else their age and usually have retained their hair from going bald, and dont have grey hair, like ozzy osbourne,
Like i mentioned they could be getting face lifts and hair coloring on the daily but it was just something i noticed

berk

Time will tell, so I'll post on this thread again in another couple of weeks.

this was in 2014, its now 2020. Time to tell your experience ;-)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom