Dopamine Precursors Restore Hair Color

SaltGirl

Both copper and calcium have helped me restore hair color. It's slow progress but happens.

I also remember reading testimonials about coral calcium where people's greying hair got color back. If I recall correctly calcium can help redirect tryptophan into niacin instead of serotonin.

mamaherrera

This is all very interesting and I would love for this discussion to continue. I've been Peating, and have gotten more white hairs (and I've been actually keeping them under control (Not getting more for a while) but now have gotten quite a few in this last month. I was supposedly deficient in zinc (taste test), so I've been supplementing zinc 22mg and eating oysters 1-2 a week. Would this be it, from too much zinc?? Although you would think not, since most days on cronometer I get more copper than zinc. i've been drinking more milk, so you think that would help. Does egg white have lots of typrtophan??? I was eating lots of egg whites this past two months. But on cronometer, it shows that egg white has no tyrptophan. Do any of you know if white hair is really reversible?? And if milk has tryptophan, how can it help with reversing white hair?? What do you all think is more helpful with reversing white hair, the tryptophan reduction or the copper/zinc balance??? Here I was being gung ho on raising zinc, and now white hair. How to find the balance. I'm only 33 and if I keep on with these white hairs. . . .man it's depressing me.

J

j.

I think milk and eggs are so beneficial one shouldn't avoid them for hair. Maybe increase gelatin, greek yogurt, farmers cheese or other types of cheese.

Gelatin powder can be problematic, depending on the intestinal permeability of the person, because it often contains endotoxin, so if you have the feeling you have the flu after consuming gelatin powder, then your intestine could be too permeable or you ate too much.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am having the white hair problems too. :(

jyb

I'm not sure but one problem with grey hair is that maybe it could take a good while to restore color even after being copper replete, assuming the copper was the issue behind grey hair (which is a reasonable hypothesis according mineral analysis in studies). You'd have to do the topical methods that Ray experimented with to get faster results. I have only experimented with supplementing copper orally, so far I'm not too sure of the results I can only say there doesn't seem to be many new ones.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My grey seems the same. It was getting rapidly worse before I discovered Peat's work. One thing is for certain- the grey hairs are the same texture as my pigmented hair now instead of being coarse and wirey. I'll take that improvement and be grateful.

mamaherrera

so at least you have slowed down the gray, no Blossom?? I had it slow down during pregnancy, and not after baby, coming back on strong with a vengeance, I don't know what changed/happened. I was taking extra zinc, but supposedly I was deficient, so that shouldn't have been the cause. Especially taking lots of gelatin, that has copper, I think it's hard to be copper deficient with liver and gelatin in your diet. I think. So now on to the tryptophan thing, is it all this milk we're drinking , or what is it???

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
I had it slow down during pregnancy, and not after baby, coming back on strong with a vengeance, I don't know what changed/happened.

Being pregnant and not being pregnant I think have huge differences, in the levels of hormones and other things.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
so at least you have slowed down the gray, no Blossom?? I had it slow down during pregnancy, and not after baby, coming back on strong with a vengeance, I don't know what changed/happened. I was taking extra zinc, but supposedly I was deficient, so that shouldn't have been the cause. Especially taking lots of gelatin, that has copper, I think it's hard to be copper deficient with liver and gelatin in your diet. I think. So now on to the tryptophan thing, is it all this milk we're drinking , or what is it???
My grey has definitely not gotten worse! I color my hair and have for years so I would notice every couple months when it was time for a touch up that I would have noticeably more grey. Even my hair stylist commented that my greying has virtually stopped(not reversed though). She attributes it to my health from going gluten free after my celiac diagnosis 2 years ago but I think it's my Peat inspired approach. My hair stylist is also a nurse that I've worked with so that is probably why she thinks about the health connection. I ate a lot of muscle meat, had a horrible calcium/phosphorus ratio and never ate oysters or liver before discovering Peat so that could be why I was greying so fast. It took a few months of my new improved diet for me to notice a slowdown in my greying. Ironically my 65 year-old mother hardly has a grey and her favorite food has always been oysters!
It sounds like you are on the right track to slowing your greying too. If my thinking is correct I believe tryptophan in muscle meat without balancing it with gelatin is the most troublesome. Milk seems less likely to be an issue since it is so rich in calcium. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

mamaherrera

That's great Blossom!! Like I said, it would be interesting to know what hormones were helping during pregnancy to slow down the whites (I still got them, but not as fast as right now/multiplying) I wonder though if I should stop taking a zinc supplement, maybe I'm not deficient and just try to keep a good ratio, which is more zinc than copper, right?? We need to know what's going on in a pregnant woman's body (besides just progesterone) to keep her so healthy in many ways, glowing and young looking! So I will stick with milk and try to do less muscle meat. Do you do oysters once a week and liver once a week, or do you do more of one?

Milklove

I just wanted to add my two cents. I am still very young, but when I started experimenting with serotonin antagonists and dopamine agonists my hair colour completely changed. It went from an ugly blonde to a lush brown and people started asking me whether I dyed my hair.
I had thyroid and serotonin issues my whole life, so I assume it only restored my "normal" hair colour.

SQu

Mamaherrera IIRC egg whites have lots of tryptophan. You might have lots of prolactin. And zinc supps I credit (blame!) along with too much muscle meat in low carb days for rapid premature patchy greying. Patches are white. The tryptophan in milk apparently is ok because it doesn't act like other sources due to calcium. All these other things above I believe may contribute to greying and hair issues. They certainly did for me.
I took zinc because otherwise I got white spots on nails, just like I took vit c or I got swollen gums. Neither now happens and I take far fewer supps now. Just b1, 3, e, progesterone and thyroid. My eyebrows have turned from white back to light brown and I'm hopeful hair will follow. I'm considering hurrying it along with that copper solution but don't want to stimulate moles/warts so must go into it carefully. I have weekly shellfish and liver, daily eggs, milk. There's a tryptophan lowering thread that's very helpful.

SQu

Peata on p1 you mention vitex for dopamine effects and prolactin lowering. I was taking it for the latter, and it worked so well I don't need it for that anymore. But if it helps with dopamine and hence hair colour I might take it again. Anyone know about that?
Edit: I see it's all about dopamine, that's how it lowers prolactin. It worked very well for that with me but I didn't notice hair colour changes. It might have played a role in the eyebrows, but at the time I assumed tryptophan lowering and seafood were most likely.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mamaherrera said:
That's great Blossom!! Like I said, it would be interesting to know what hormones were helping during pregnancy to slow down the whites (I still got them, but not as fast as right now/multiplying) I wonder though if I should stop taking a zinc supplement, maybe I'm not deficient and just try to keep a good ratio, which is more zinc than copper, right?? We need to know what's going on in a pregnant woman's body (besides just progesterone) to keep her so healthy in many ways, glowing and young looking! So I will stick with milk and try to do less muscle meat. Do you do oysters once a week and liver once a week, or do you do more of one?
I try to eat oysters once a week. Liver I usually have 2 ounces twice a week to total 4 ounces weekly. Mittir has written about having smaller servings more frequently as being an acceptable option and that seems easier for me personally at this time.

Peata

sueq said:
Peata on p1 you mention vitex for dopamine effects and prolactin lowering. I was taking it for the latter, and it worked so well I don't need it for that anymore. But if it helps with dopamine and hence hair colour I might take it again. Anyone know about that?
Edit: I see it's all about dopamine, that's how it lowers prolactin. It worked very well for that with me but I didn't notice hair colour changes. It might have played a role in the eyebrows, but at the time I assumed tryptophan lowering and seafood were most likely.

Sue, I took it for about 3.5 months but it stopped working for me for the issues I was taking it for. I started to take it again recently but stopped. I want to go for raising dopamine and lowering prolactin and serotonin with other supplements instead.

mamaherrera

Sueq-if you know of any really good links, please send them my way. I do have high prolactin now as I'm breastfeeding. I took zinc because from the taste test, they told me I was low, but obviously I wasn't low or I wouldn't have gotten them possible imbalance with copper to cause white hair. Now I wonder if i should take copper for a few days to bump it up again, but again I don't want to go to the other extreme with copper and lower my zinc, as they are both very important. What do you all think?? Just stop the zinc, or add in a couple days with copper???I don't know how haidut and others take that much copper with out running into problems from lowering zinc? And why on earth does cronometer not show that egg whites are high in tryptophan?? Man I'm so bummer now, it was so easy to make them white, and now it'll be so hard to get them back! And they're all together (thse new whites) in my front hairline/side.

mamaherrera

also, I love my eggs daily, 1-2 because it's a nice change in getting protein. What should I eat with it to help counteract the tryptophan?

mamaherrera

and yes I can't find the thread on lowering tryptophan. . . . . I know gelatin and yogurt and cheese (because they have calcium with the tryptophan) but what else??? Or please share me the thread!

J

j.

Cheese often has less calcium than milk, and also less tryptophan. Greek yogurt the same thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom