Dopamine Precursors Restore Hair Color

haidut

Forum Supporter
I found this study and I thought it was interesting. Ray has said that grey hair is cause by accumulation of tryptophan and I posted some studies on that as well. The question is whether other drugs such as pCPA, dopamine agonists (lisuride, LSD), prolacting antagonists (cabergoline), serotonin antagonists (cypro, ondansetron, ketanserin, etc) would have similar effects?
It would be an interesting self-experiment to run for a month or two.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... so&tlng=en

Peata

I have had some grey hairs coming in for a while (I color my hair all the time anyway), but over the last couple months I noticed more and more when my roots were coming in. I wondered if it was due to all the extra zinc I'd been supplementing (which reduces copper as a side effect). I stopped the zinc 3 weeks ago. I've been taking Vitex for 3 months, which enhances dopamine and reduces prolactin. I'll let you know if I get any result with my hair.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think the biggest change I've noticed in my hair besides it no longer falls out is that the grey ones now have the same texture as the pigmented hair. My hair has normally been pretty straight but when the greys would grow in before a Peat inspired lifestyle they were coarse and wirey. Although the grey is still there it doesn't seem as dramatic. To me it's a more subtle lightening effect rather than obviously white. I've been thinking about not coloring it anymore because I'm sure if soap is a hormone disruptor then hair color is probably worse. I'm happy with the changes in my hair. I have taken cyproheptadine and lisuride during the past 3 months so that could have contributed to the hair changes as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the input. I am particularly curious about the effects of lisuride. It is supposed to be a "safer" analog of LSD. I am thinking of collecting some of my hair and sending for analysis. Apparently you can get a very good report on heavy metal toxicity, tryptophan/serotonin dominance, etc from hair analysis.
Personally, mine started getting darker from the copper but the process is slow. After taking copper for 2 weeks I have about 20% reduction of grey hair (beard). It is an estimate where I simply select a patch on my face where I can easily count the hairs and then count the percentage of grey ones.
Time will tell, so I'll post on this thread again in another couple of weeks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I am expecting my lisuride refill soon so I will monitor my hair closely for color changes as well.

juanitacarlos

Really interesting. I would like to experiment with this. I'm female, 39 yrs old, and am about 80-90% grey hair.

I'm currently doing haidut's BCAA/tyrosine combo, small dose of Tianeptine each day also. I'm hoping that will help.

Haidut - how are you taking copper?

jyb

lexis said:
caffeine is also a dopamine agonist

RP sometimes advised it (pure caffeine powder, which is easy to get) topically but in the context of falling hair.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ttramone said:
Really interesting. I would like to experiment with this. I'm female, 39 yrs old, and am about 80-90% grey hair.

I'm currently doing haidut's BCAA/tyrosine combo, small dose of Tianeptine each day also. I'm hoping that will help.

Haidut - how are you taking copper?

I bought copper gluconate from Vitamin Shoppe. The pills say they have nothing except gelatin and starch inside. Each pill is 2mg, so I take 2 pills daily. I plan on taking for a month to see if the hair begins to darken.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
lexis said:
caffeine is also a dopamine agonist

Lexis, if you are referring to the links I posted a while ago - caffeine seems to be a "functional" dopamine agonist. In other words, it works "like" dopamine and increases dopamine "receptor" activity, but does not bind directly to dopamine receptors like traditional dopamine agonists do. The consensus is that anything that antagonizes adenosine "receptors", which is what caffeine does, will have an effect similar to dopamine agonists.
Either way, I am taking 1,000mg-1,200mg caffeine daily in pills. If you take with enough sugar to avoid the adrenaline response it sure does give a surge of energy and improves the ability to concentrate.

burtlancast

Peat wrote he managed to restore hair color by rubbing on his skin a copper solution.
Did anyone try that ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
Peat wrote he managed to restore hair color by rubbing on his skin a copper solution.
Did anyone try that ?

He also said that rubbing the copper solution caused several large moles to appear immediately on the skin. I would not trade grey hair for large moles:):

burtlancast

kiran said:
I think the moles were due to a solution too strong.

Exact.
This alternative would seem more straightforward than the supplementation route.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, what is a solution that is NOT too strong - i.e. concentration of copper by volume? Anybody tried this on themselves?

Peata

And if moles did appear, what is a way to make them go again?

J

j.

Peat has a newsletter about moles, posted in this forum. He made them go away with DHEA.

burtlancast

Peata said:
And if moles did appear, what is a way to make them go again?

The moles went away by themselves after 4 hours.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
Did anyone try that ?
I thought about it but when I read that Ray applied too strong of a solution and grew a mole that he then had to deal with I decided against it. I'm definitely not interested in another mole! If he could screw it up its a guarantee I would. I'll just stick with some grey. Maybe someone braver than me will give it a try.

Philomath

haidut said:
Thanks for the input. I am particularly curious about the effects of lisuride. It is supposed to be a "safer" analog of LSD. I am thinking of collecting some of my hair and sending for analysis. Apparently you can get a very good report on heavy metal toxicity, tryptophan/serotonin dominance, etc from hair analysis.
Personally, mine started getting darker from the copper but the process is slow. After taking copper for 2 weeks I have about 20% reduction of grey hair (beard). It is an estimate where I simply select a patch on my face where I can easily count the hairs and then count the percentage of grey ones.
Time will tell, so I'll post on this thread again in another couple of weeks.

What kind of copper supplement do you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom