Does detoxing/cleansing have some degree of pain?

halken

I've always wondered what "pain" really means under specific context. Does it always necessarily signal something is wrong?

In the instance of removing toxicity from the body, would it not require some degree of pain?

Or is it all marshmallows and theme parks?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure about clensing/detox and the relationship to pain but I definitely think pain can be present during healing. If you have ever broken a bone I'm sure you remember the periodic pain that would happen as the bone was repairing itself.

It seems quite common to think of pain as always signaling that something is wrong but from my experience healing can also involve some pain. We live in a world that promotes the illusion of quick fixes and magic bullets and we learn from childhood that the relief to our suffering and pain is just down the road at the corner drug store or doctors office. I surely do not want to see people suffer needlessly but I do think it's a shame that we tend to view pain as primarily a negative rather than something that can occur in healing as well as illness.

I've certainly experienced my fair share of gastrointestinal and musculoskeletal pain during my Peat journey that has gradually improved with time as I healed. If I hadn't realized these were healing pains I certainly would have given up a long time ago. I can see how people might think this isn't working for them if they have the view that pain is an indication of something being wrong instead of something healing.

I guess the tricky part is learning for ourselves to differentiate between pain that may indicate a problem and pain that is happening for necessary repair.

I don't know if any of this is answering your original question and if not just ignore it!

pboy

not always but often times yes, at least there will be a sense of pressure and less freedom, a sense of body sapping energy or tugging. Its because toxins generally have to be dealt with carefully, and the body uses a lot of energy and resources to make them soluble and mobilize them. Your intestinal function and kidneys might also be a bit erratic and uncomfortable. Theres always ways to neutralize or lessen negative effects but its not often easy or complete. Its not something to be in fear of...progress, and feeling lighter and better each day under it all, and you can tell usually...its worth it absolutely. If I had to detox pufa's again as an example i'd change a few things knowing what I know now and having gone through things, but I think its still something that just takes time and isn't often comfortable. Most times detoxing in any fashion involves a rewiring of the nervous system, perspectives, and a lot of reflection and desire to try new things and change your point of view and personality to an extent...this kind of thing takes experience in life, time, it cant happen in an instant...you actually have to tangibly in time go through the experiences, so inevitably it will take time. Being that the body mind is really a metaphysical phenomenon, and also responding to the environment and whats around you, your current status and all that, you often times, have to detox things in your life before they'll leave your body, if that makes sense. The hologram that is your body doesn't lie, it will always display your situation. Why some people are fat and diabetic and others thin, same problem, different manifestation...Peat was even like 'I don't know'...its because its responding to the mental make up and nervous system wiring overall. Your body is a display to other humans and animals, its displaying your potentials. Someone whos in need and hurt but that will still try to force their will not admit things and cling on and be stubborn and what not will likely get fat, someone whos in need and hurt but is more of a beggar and sort of has a sadder outlook or in fear but generally has the heart, will become feeble. Think about how you'd act towards those 2 people, which part of your personality would be compelled out towards such people. So yea...detoxing is basically life itself to an extent. If anything isn't right, either you need to detox or grow in some way. Theres no such thing as just coming to a spiritual belief after a intense meditation, or just...having a perfect diet and thinking you're good forever then. You have to really master all areas of life and be living it, theres many many layers aspects and interactions involved. Going at things from diet alone is often a good idea, because its often the one thing people have full control of every day...and the natural propensities of the mind start shifting as diet perfects...exposing the other factors in your being and life that are and have been nags that were covered up...so then your energy kind of hyper focuses on fixing those aspects after the diet aspect is down. If your diet is pretty perfect and things still aren't optimum in your life, then you know diet isn't to blame anymore and you have other things to work on. These things often are the worse because they can take a long time, chance, luck, other peoples decision making, and other stuff to really facilitate your optimization, its a product of our society and the way it works, but such is the case

OP
halken

halken

Excellent responses guys.

pboy, your post reminds me of Gabor Mate's When The Body Says No.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals