Do you consume coconut flour? Question on high insoluble fiber.

Logan-

How problematic would high insoluble fiber of coconut flour be for gut health, in your opinion? I can think of increased bacterial population, endotoxin, inflammation.

Most of its fiber is insoluble, which adds bulk to stools and helps move food smoothly through your gut, thereby reducing the risk of constipation ( 10 ).8 May 2019
1672945679497.png

Coconut Flour: Nutrition, Benefits, and More - Healthline

Would consuming coconut oil with it offset coconut flour’s problematic effects on gut? I am trying to gain weight, and coconut flour is the only flour I use. I make cookies with organic coconut flour, fruit, sugar, deodorised coconut oil - blended together and baked.

Last edited:

LadyRae

How problematic would high insoluble fibre of coconut flour be for gut health, in your opinion? I can think of increased bacterial population, endotoxin, inflammation.

Would consuming coconut oil with it offset coconut flour’s problematic effects on gut? I am trying to gain weight, and coconut flour is the only flour I use. I make cookies with organic coconut flour, fruit, sugar, deodorised coconut oil - blended together and baked.
I used to use it a lot in baking because I can't tolerate gluten. But it is really dense and sometimes difficult to work with and it feels like a big block moving through my digestion....

But if you digest it well and you feel good I don't see where the problem would be....👍

OP
L

Logan-

I used to use it a lot in baking because I can't tolerate gluten. But it is really dense and sometimes difficult to work with and it feels like a big block moving through my digestion....

But if you digest it well and you feel good I don't see where the problem would be....👍
Do you still use it? Have you ever experienced any digestive problems with it?

OP
L

Logan-

No, I haven't used it in a couple years. It's just too heavy for me.
In what sense do you mean it is heavy? You described the baked goods you made with coconut flour as big blocks moving through your digestion. Could you elaborate on that? Has it caused you any abdominal pain?

OP
L

Logan-

Travis’ thread:

Last edited:

LadyRae

In what sense do you mean it is heavy? You described the baked goods you made with coconut flour as big blocks moving through your digestion. Could you elaborate on that? Has it caused you any abdominal pain?
It's like I ate a bowl of sawdust mixed with butter. Very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what more I can say. I like light, easy to digest foods. Lower fat foods too

OP
L

Logan-

It's like I ate a bowl of sawdust mixed with butter. Very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what more I can say. I like light, easy to digest foods. Lower fat foods too
I find it has a dehydrating effect in my mouth.

LadyRae

I find it has a dehydrating effect in my mouth.
Just to be clear, I am definitely not saying that you shouldn't eat it. I think foods are highly individual. As long as you are digesting it well and it's not making you gassy or bloated or keeping you awake at night as it moves through your bowels, I say enjoy!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom