DIZZINESS

iLoveSugar

It's been almost 2 years now and the dizziness seems to get worse. I'm at such a loss and can not figure it out. Has anyone ever dealt with dizziness? Any help?

juanitacarlos

I used to get dizzy when I was hypothyroid, but that has ceased since taking thyroid medication. Actually it stopped when I started taking NDT, not just taking T4. Although I am probably still hypothyroid to some degree. But the dizziness issue definitely has been resolved.

When does the dizziness occur most? Is there any pattern to it?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

It's weird. The dizziness seems to be around from the time I get up, until the time I go to bed. It's hard to point out what could be making it worse, as nothing really improves it. I do have bad digestion issues also, so it could be correlated with the stomach. It could also have nothing to do with the stomach. I just know that it's persistent, and never really goes away. I also have been tinkering with thyroid over the past year, and haven't noticed anything from it.

kiran

Have you tried taking lots of salt?
I know that my dizziness is better in the summer, probably something to do with inadequate thyroid.

SQu

I don't have answers but I can share this: I get dizzy too and it rapidly leads to nausea and migraine - it's in the same 'basket' though not all of that always follows. I had it recently when I felt miserably awful. Things I am narrowing it down to (but not yet tackled - still sorting it out) are -
hypothyroid
estrogen
serotonin
I think I get it when I am at a low ebb. I have got it in the past from antibiotics for cfs (flagyl, cyclimycin)
I think I get it also when doing something a bit too powerful eg big dose of charcoal, trying something new
I get the feeling it is associated with being already weak

things that recently helped me feel much better were -
potato juice boiled
a nice quality ice cream
charcoal (contradictory I know but taking it carefully, slowly)
lots of very ripe fruit
coffee made with milk and sugar (had to steel myself to drink it as the thought was nauseating but the reality was pleasantly surprising, it definitely helped - I went on to have 4 small cups during the morning)
maybe something here would help, best of luck

OP
I

iLoveSugar

@Kiran: I have upped my salt over the past couple of months to roughly 1-2 tsp per day. At first, it seemed to help, but only for a week or so.

@sueq: I have tried ice cream and continue to make my own and eat it. I also use charcoal once a week, but the dizziness was long, long her before I even knew what charcoal was. I'm not big on fruit as it's hard to find good quality fruit year around here in PA.

Thomas

What do you mean with tinkering with thyroid? You need to take it regulary. Its not a headachepill. For me it took 2 month Before I noticed the first signs. My Nails got much stronger, and finally I started getting a beard. In 47 years I didnt get a beart on my cheeks. Now after 4 month my other symptoms start to go down very much. I have much more good Days than bad. Before I would notice when I for some hours felt a bit better. Now I noticed when I have a dip. I had stomach issues and brainfog, anxiety, panic attachs etc all is gone now except that sometimes I get a reaction. Then I get gold hands, become Dizzy, a knot in the stomach, nausea etc.

I Believe its a sugar dropp because a weak liver cant balance so well out the sugar in the blood. Then follows a adrenalin or estrogene reaction. But I am not sure. Anyhow now after 4 month I can have again milk and OJ. :): Dont tinker but work with structure! Be a scientist and work with a clear plan.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

For the past year I have tried different methods. I have tried taking small 1-2 mcg several times. I have tried larger doses. I have tried T3, NDT and Cynoplus. I feel like if anything, it makes me more shaky/gitty, and no amounts of sugar and salt help. I definitely do believe I am hypo, as I have many symptoms. It just hasn't done anything for me.

The harder my stomach gets, the more dizzy/offbalanced I get.

aguilaroja

There are different kinds of dizziness. One division is whether things are more like "lightheadedness", or more like "the room is spinning".

Lightheadedness sometimes suggests that the heart rate and blood pressure does not respond quickly to shift of positions. If shifting positions brings things on, or the pulse shifts markedly, this may be a clue. As others have mentioned, sometimes resolving the low mineral retention (salt especially, but also other minerals) in low thyroid states bring relief.

I am not sure what is meant by the stomach "getting hard". I have seen a couple of situations with friends who got lightheaded and unsteady when digestion was sluggish. The Peat-style remedies like grated carrot, cascara, adding gelatin, avoiding carrageenan and the food processing gums, etc. helped them.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I feel like I am off balanced all the time. It doesn't matter if I move positions or sit still. Along with the dizziness is a stiff/cracky/sore neck. It's awful!!

HDD

iLoveSugar said:
For the past year I have tried different methods. I have tried taking small 1-2 mcg several times. I have tried larger doses. I have tried T3, NDT and Cynoplus. I feel like if anything, it makes me more shaky/gitty, and no amounts of sugar and salt help. I definitely do believe I am hypo, as I have many symptoms. It just hasn't done anything for me.

The harder my stomach gets, the more dizzy/offbalanced I get.

Are you making sure your nutrition is high? Vitamin A and magnesium?

My neck issues went away since I started taking cynoplus. Are your neck and shoulder muscles tight?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, but everything hurts really. I wanna try some nutrisorb Vit A. I do eat liver 1-2x a week.

HDD

What about your cholesterol?

Too much liver can be anti-thyroid. 3-6 oz. a week is what is generally recommended.

HDD

This was posted today by Mittir about cholesterol.

"I remember reading somewhere that dietary intake of cholesterol is a
small part of total cholesterol. Most of the cholesterol is made in liver
and fructose increases cholesterol production .RP has mentioned that
starch consumption and low thyroid are common cause of low cholesterol.
Vitamin A is also needed to make protective hormone from cholesterol."

If you haven't had your cholesterol checked recently, it might be worth it to rule that out as cause of thyroid meds. not helping.

Thomas

Sometimes there are several things not related to each other and we form a cognitive fushion. Get your inner ear checked, if you feel off balanced and nausea, dizzyness it can come from a inner ear thing. As I said Before you have to go systematic and write down and dont give up quickly changing all the time. Take a half grain of cynoplus, for 2 month, check your temp and as long as it stays under 36.8 you increase the dose with half a grain every two month. It take a while to get balanced again, we are not machines. If you after half a year didnt notice any kind of improvement, change to a NTD and see if you do better. All the time write down what you do, check temp, check heartbeat, Write down what you eat and work there too in a systematic fashion. Otherwise you only freak out with all the loose ends.

Then dont underestimate the Power of the mind. Learn Mindfullness, it is very important. EFT was a big help for me too in bad times. Its proven that mindfullness, meditation is changing on the moleculär structurse and hormones.

So get bussy and keep your head up. The body is willing to heal itself you only have to find a way to sattle the horse.

all the best to you
yours
thomas

flashfire

I had too had the same problem for about 1year. What I found out through multiple visit's to the ER was that I was chronically dehydrated. I gradually increased my water and salt intake. Kiran is right about the salt as well. If you have not done so yet try to drink at least 1to 2 liters of water per day. With every liter you drink take one half a teaspoon of canning salt or real salt with the water. What I do is place half a teaspoon of salt on my tongue and then chase it down with water. Then I sip on the rest of the liter throughout the day. Over time the dizziness should subside. Another benefit is that once your body realizes there is a steady influx of water, it will release any water your body was retaining. Like most thing's however it does take a little time. I wish you the best. Again I know exactly what your experiencing.

flashfire

Please forgive me, I got sidetracked and I forgot to add that, a chronic shortage of water in the body can and does cause a number of digestive problems. The digestive process in the body is for lack of a better term "water intensive". The body requires a lot of water to properly absorb nutrient's and process food. In addition a chronic lack of water can and does cause migraine headaches, along with high blood pressure. Again I wish you the best, and hope you can get a grip on your dizziness.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Ray Peat often tells me drinking water when I am not thirsty is very bad. I do drink OJ when I am thirsty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals