Damaged Intestinal Villi

paciencia

Hello all.

I just received results back from my endoscopy procedure which was done in order to determine a cause for my symptoms (bloating/reflux/stomach and intestinal pain/poor digestion.) The results were mostly normal, showing only mild inflammation and blunted intestinal villi. My question is, is this likely to be the cause of all these symptoms? And if so, what is the best way to go about repairing the intestines?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Eliminating the foods that are causing the inflammation (such as grains, A1 milk, starches, lectins, PUFAs, etc.) in the first place and then using Triphala to repair the villi.
Repair can only take place where there is no inflammation. People with Celiac disease usually have a smooth intestine, little to no villi, due to chronic inflammation from gluten and starch.

Ben.

Triphala has been shown to restore the villi.

Eliminating the foods that are causing the inflammation (such as grains, A1 milk, starches, lectins, PUFAs, etc.) in the first place and then using Triphala to repair the villi.
Repair can only take place where there is no inflammation. People with Celiac disease usually have a smooth intestine, little to no villi, due to chronic inflammation from gluten and starch.

Hans, sorry if i necro this but when/how do you start implementing triphala?

After an initial improvement from avoiding inflammation provocative foods? 2 weeks maybe? Something specific you would look out for to asses when its time to use it?
I have a bottle laying around, didnt get to use/test it yet.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, sorry if i necro this but when/how do you start implementing triphala?

After an initial improvement from avoiding inflammation provocative foods? 2 weeks maybe? Something specific you would look out for to asses when its time to use it?
I have a bottle laying around, didnt get to use/test it yet.
You can add the triphala immediately since it will help against inflammation as well and assist detoxification of the liver.
At the same time I'd eliminate problematic foods and keep on with that diet until your problems have been resolved. If you add potential problematic foods back in, then you might still remain in a slightly inflammatory state.

LLight

That's weird how digestion seems to be so hard to fix while we should now know all the possible causes and how to remedy them.

Is the problem due to a lack of digestive fluids (gastric juices, bile) or enzymes? This one could imply bad microbiota and inflammatory undigested proteins? Causes: infection, nutrient deficiency or functional issue like a blocked bile-duct?

As this is my current craze, here are somes citations from papers on betaine that I've read recently:

I've also read how oxytocin and vasopressin could be involved in increasing "gastric and duodenum motility via OTR" (in rabbits) and regulating the phasic contraction of the gallbladder during the interdigestive period, which is thought "to be important in stirring the bile, facilitating the bile concentration and preventing the gallstone formation" (still in rabbits). I had also previously read how vasopressin could be involved in bile flow control in rats.

There are also studies during Ramadan showing how gastric acid pH is increased (but the study results might be biased because of all the habits that change during Ramadan).

Moral of the story: don't drink too much or at least between meals (and try to increase intermeal time?) and supplement betaine (which is itself an osmolyte which helps with dehydration)?

Intermittent dry fasting + betaine

(+ probably vitamin K2 which could help against IBS Active thrombin produced by the intestinal epithelium controls mucosal biofilms).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals